Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
E-cigs and Vaping

Any of you guys tied to quit smoking with these vaping pens?
How did you get on?
I've been looking around and chatting to people and it seems a good way to quit also found a very cheap site Chicvaper.co.uk they seem very cheap compared to some out there.
Anyone got any advise or infomation on vaping???
Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Aatot

Great as a substitute if you need to smoke indoors

But because of their similarity to the real thing, the very very worst tool to use as an aid to give up.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I disagree with Maz. What is 'giving up' after all? Burning a dried plant which gives you cancer surely?

If you want to give up real cigs (i.e. the health benefits) then they are great.

I don't even think they are the worst way of giving up nicotine. For me, that would be the gum which makes me get hiccups... Or cold turkey for which i no longer have the willpower.

Firstly, like gum, you can buy e-cigs which vary the amount of nicotine and decline it, so you can gradually ween yourself off them without the cold turkey.

Secondly, it's a mental thing. Both me and a mate of mine have gone from smoking 10-15 real cigs a day, to the occasional puff on the e-cig. It satisfies the cravings at moments of boredom, or for me, when i am out on the lash.

My mate has been on it a year longer than me and for the past 3 months or so, virtually never uses it (or smokes real cigs). I use it a little more as i've only had it for a few months.

The change for me is immense. If you want to give up, but need a crutch for a while, then e-cigs plus a moderate degree of willpower are excellent. As they also don't really taste of tobacco, or smell, your senses return and you gradually realise that tobacco smoke is actually pretty rank.

It all depends how you use them. If you are willing to change your habits slowly and give up gradually then i think they work.

I use skycig. Very happy with them.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Several people I know have used them to quit completely, as said above, it's how you use them.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've started on vapeescape recommended by Swanny
Couldn't be happier with them
Havnt even considered a fag in last 3months
I love the flavours and choose 0% nicotine options from vapology
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been using them since February and have had no problems avoiding tobacco at all. However I would say I don't technically consider that I have given up smoking, more that I no longer smoke tobacco. I probably have more nicotine from E-cigs than I ever had from the number of cigarettes I smoked so that's a word of warning!
I use "10 motives" menthol variety. They do a vanilla refill which was OK. just ordered strwberry. I started on E-Lites, which are essentially shit but wideley available. 10 motives are now stocked by tesco and WH Smith which helps.
Will probably try other brands.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
I probably have more nicotine from E-cigs than I ever had from the number of cigarettes I smoked so that's a word of warning!

It isn't the nicotine that kills you though - as my doctors all told me many moons ago following heart attack/bypass! All that does is speed the heart up and I was on pills to slow it down anyway!! Worked though as now happily 14 years off ciggies and 13 years off nicotine gum having smoked for 28 years or so!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apparently nicotine s no worse than caffeine

It's the tar, cyanide etc in the ciggie that's bad

They say ecigs are maybe 1000 times better than fags
Old 08-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Aatot

Great as a substitute if you need to smoke indoors

But because of their similarity to the real thing, the very very worst tool to use as an aid to give up.
Sorry Maz, can't agree as it's worked for me so far.

Haven't had a real one since March, haven't has an e-puff since June. I've tried numerous ways to give up over 10 years. This is by far an away the best method I have ever tried. The only time I use the e-fag now is if I'm pissed as it prevents me buying a packet of real ones.

NB nicotine is pretty toxic in its own right so it's as good not to go mad on this. However it doesn't hang around in your body as long as the other two odd thousand nnastry chemicals in tobacco.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
OK.

Then again I have never really tried to give up.

It strikes me that these are rather as methadone is to heroin, and that's not always a sound way to give up.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Our day will come Again!

baldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbaldeagle68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it fills the gap of the patches etc because you still get to have that draw and blow vapour out one of the main things that smokers miss. Anyway I've just ordered my starter kit from chicvaper.co.uk they seem to be cheap enough with a discount plus free postage.
I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 08-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
OK.

Then again I have never really tried to give up.

It strikes me that these are rather as methadone is to heroin, and that's not always a sound way to give up.
True - and different things work for different people which makes it difficult to generalise.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haven't smoked real fags for many many years and now only "smoke" these. E-lites are no good, don't last long enough. Nicolites are the best ones I have tried.

Maz has a point ; these will not cure your nicotine addiction at all. Some people can't just switch to e cigs because they don't feel near enough to smoking. For me, as I hadn't smoked for maybe 8 years, they were perfect. I loved smoking and now I feel like I can again.

I could never go back to real cigs; smell, health reasons and cost etc.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscillateWildly View Post
Haven't smoked real fags for many many years and now only "smoke" these. E-lites are no good, don't last long enough. Nicolites are the best ones I have tried.

Maz has a point ; these will not cure your nicotine addiction at all. Some people can't just switch to e cigs because they don't feel near enough to smoking. For me, as I hadn't smoked for maybe 8 years, they were perfect. I loved smoking and now I feel like I can again.

I could never go back to real cigs; smell, health reasons and cost etc.
If you hadn't smoked for eight years, why did you start up on these?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:07 PM

Mark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Used these for 2 weeks and gave up completely, that was 3 months ago.
Old 27-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Has anyone found a way of doctoring these to work with cannabis? I'd imagine it must be possible somehow, but have no idea where to start.
Old 27-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Oh, and e-cigs helped me give up for sure.
Old 27-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Thing you want a standard vaporiser for that kind of action b_e

I'm fed up with smoking, I only ever do it when i'm down the pub (once or twice a week) or walking from the Pawsons to my seat in the Holmesdale. But i've now been doing it for half my life and a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Which one's are good? I normally smoke B&H lights and if I smoke outside of alcohol I normally get a nasty headrush, so I don't want anything that's an E version of a Rothmans or a Marlboro Red
Old 27-08-2013, 01:10 PM

CPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Has anyone found a way of doctoring these to work with cannabis? I'd imagine it must be possible somehow, but have no idea where to start.

Yes, you need propylene glycol (food grade), cannabis honey oil or similar, a glass dripper bottle, and a refillable e-cig with cartridges.

heat the glass bottle, add some p.g. (about 10ml) and allow to warm for a minute, then add some some oil (about 2 grams, depending on how strong you want it) and shake the bottle vigorously until mixed. remove the top of a nicotine cartridge, empty contents and add some of your mixture, put into e-cig and enjoy.
Old 27-08-2013, 01:29 PM

eaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fareaglestwo stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Smoked for 30 years until I gave them a go, I did cane them for the first few weeks and spent a few quid but 8 months on I'm a non smoker ,a stone and a half fatter. I used nico lites