Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-09-2019, 07:11 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
What progress has been made ?
I know quite a lot about the ladies team
How much do you know about the opposition today? Villa were a stronger outfit than Palace last season and have strengthened their squad considerably during the summer.

They’ve signed several players from city rivals Birmingham, who along with other signings are used to a higher level than most of the current squad at Palace.

I won’t make any excuses about today’s performance, it’s a he first look I’ve taken at the Palace side since last season, I could only pick out four players I remembered from last season, keeper Lucy Gillet, Freya Holdaway, Amy Goddard and Andrea Georgiu who was a second half replacement, so as far as I’m concerned it was a case of Palace being outplayed and outmuscled by a far stronger outfit.

I will leave it for those who were actually there to comment about at least three very contentious decisions by the officials, but the scoreline was probably not in question by the end of the game as what little spirit Palace did show in the first half was thoroughly extinguished in the second.

Not sure why people seem to want to a change of direction by the club that is still quite obviously going through a period of transition and consolidation in a highly competitive championship as a quick perusal of today’s scores in other matches will confirm, other club’s fortunes are looking decidedly different to last term.

Once again, for me, the most noticeable feature was the very sparse attendance on a fine Sunday afternoon, I’m really not sure, despite the excellent facilities at Bromley it is the right venue now, the New Stand has effectively made it mandatory that the Palace support has to stay behind the same goal each match, which has dampened the atmosphere considerably and after today’s lamentable second half showing all we had was the rather annoying din from our gleeful visitors from Brum, who must be amongst the most boring group in the entire league.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:03 PM

The Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
But she was when the injury occured.
Indeed. And the club were very happy to flaunt her success in scoring 100 goals.

Check out my beer reviews @GladAllOver1905
Old 17-09-2019, 08:45 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
How much do you know about the opposition today? Villa were a stronger outfit than Palace last season and have strengthened their squad considerably during the summer.

Theyíve signed several players from city rivals Birmingham, who along with other signings are used to a higher level than most of the current squad at Palace.

I wonít make any excuses about todayís performance, itís a he first look Iíve taken at the Palace side since last season, I could only pick out four players I remembered from last season, keeper Lucy Gillet, Freya Holdaway, Amy Goddard and Andrea Georgiu who was a second half replacement, so as far as Iím concerned it was a case of Palace being outplayed and outmuscled by a far stronger outfit.

I will leave it for those who were actually there to comment about at least three very contentious decisions by the officials, but the scoreline was probably not in question by the end of the game as what little spirit Palace did show in the first half was thoroughly extinguished in the second.

Not sure why people seem to want to a change of direction by the club that is still quite obviously going through a period of transition and consolidation in a highly competitive championship as a quick perusal of todayís scores in other matches will confirm, other clubís fortunes are looking decidedly different to last term.

Once again, for me, the most noticeable feature was the very sparse attendance on a fine Sunday afternoon, Iím really not sure, despite the excellent facilities at Bromley it is the right venue now, the New Stand has effectively made it mandatory that the Palace support has to stay behind the same goal each match, which has dampened the atmosphere considerably and after todayís lamentable second half showing all we had was the rather annoying din from our gleeful visitors from Brum, who must be amongst the most boring group in the entire league.
Regarding the ground issue and Bromley, without some significant investment I can't really think of anywhere else that would be able to accommodate.

Arena or NSC are so far removed from being suitable both are no go options.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 22-09-2019, 10:00 PM

Horsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good 3-2 win for the Palace women in cup today down at Lewes.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
SUN 29 SEP, Kick Off 14:00
Leicester City V's Palace

Adults £6, U16's £3

@ Quorn FC
Farley Way, Quorn, Loughborough LE12 8TS, UK
Old 29-09-2019, 03:42 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
SUN 29 SEP, Kick Off 14:00
Leicester City V's Palace

Adults £6, U16's £3

@ Quorn FC
Farley Way, Quorn, Loughborough LE12 8TS, UK
Great 2-1 away win for the Palace today, 0-0 ht and a goal down early in the 2nd half, but goals from Annabel Johnson and Leeta Rutherford kickstart our season.

Well done all involved!
Old 29-09-2019, 04:46 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I only live a few miles away from the Farley way pitch, in fact my friends grandad owns it all. Didnít realise it was going to be on there or else would have popped down. Great win for the palace
Old 29-09-2019, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Great 2-1 away win for the Palace today, 0-0 ht and a goal down early in the 2nd half, but goals from Annabel Johnson and Leeta Rutherford kickstart our season.

Well done all involved!
Sounds good and result certainly suggest there has been progress from last season.
Old 30-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here

Old 30-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Palace/Panionios

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Leicester City 1, Palace 2.

Palace move up to 9th with a good away win, with goals from, Johnson and Rutherford, So many new players, its taken time and we are still not there yet, but improving every game, COYP.

Last edited by waddoneagle; 30-09-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:10 AM

cod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seems very quiet on this thread.
Am I right in thinking there is a cup match vs Chelsea today at Hayes Lane, 2pm?
Old 20-10-2019, 09:15 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cod View Post

Am I right in thinking there is a cup match vs Chelsea today at Hayes Lane, 2pm?

BBC website says yes.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cod View Post
Match preview from Chelsea website:

Old 20-10-2019, 06:28 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Unsurprisingly lost 0-3.
Old 26-10-2019, 01:00 PM

The Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looks like our game vs Bees tomorrow can be watched on 'the FA player' for free from 1300?

Old 27-10-2019, 08:13 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

It looks like it is yeah.

Old 27-10-2019, 02:55 PM

Good stream. Palace one up at half-time, deservedly so. Lacked a bit of composure in the final third, other than the strike for the goal which was a screamer.

Old 27-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Bees with two goals to draw level in 5 minutes later in the 2nd Half.

Old 27-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Winner in extra time
Old 27-10-2019, 04:00 PM

Horsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorsham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last minute winner for Palace!!