Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Big green eggs, smokers and BBQ thread

My Sunday roast thread has been a bit hijacked by BBQ and smoking debates.

I have myself one of these as a 40th birthday present

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Smoking a brisket today.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:24 AM

monkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkoid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would highly recommend the oxford charcoal company to any serious BBQ and smoking lovers. His single species lumpwood is very special
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Monkey hope your well mate!
I would have a bbq everyday of the week, not a smoker but i do love the coals mate
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 AM

All good my friend!!! If you have a BBQ with a lid smoking is easy!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:44 AM

Nice and stable at 115oc.... She will sit exactly at that temp for 24 hours if you want.

Bloody great bit of kit
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkoid View Post
All good my friend!!! If you have a BBQ with a lid smoking is easy!
Top man, i will give it a bash.

You coming up today?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:03 AM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Nice and stable at 115oc.... She will sit exactly at that temp for 24 hours if you want.

Bloody great bit of kit
Please give more info as I am pondering whether to get one of these or an outdoor wood burning pizza oven
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is here
Are we just allowed to talk here about BBQ as in the meat, or are we allowed to talk about BBQ as in outdoor grilling?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:11 AM
we are PALACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Are we just allowed to talk here about BBQ as in the meat, or are we allowed to talk about BBQ as in outdoor grilling?
This is the bbs, it'll go off topic very shortly
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle View Post
Please give more info as I am pondering whether to get one of these or an outdoor wood burning pizza oven
You have two options. A big green egg or a weber smokey mountain. Don't forget the extras you will need. The thermometers on both are not really accurate enough to do it properly, so you'll need a probe. One with a remote unit a two probes (one for inside the meat and one for inside the smoker). You want the remote so you can crack on with other things around the house taking the remote unit with you and you can check the temp without going back to the smoker all ten time.

As for a smoker or a pizza oven, I have set aside an area of my garden that will fit in both and a barbecue . Got to build the pizza oven though.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 04-10-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle View Post

Go online and have a look mate.

It's one of the best things I have ever purchased! It burns from 100oc up to 400oc and has greater temp control than my rangemaster.

The pizzas in it are superb as good as a pizza oven. What you get extra is the ability to control the temp and burn for long periods. My brisket will sit at exactly 115oc for 13 hours today on one box of charcoal

Steaks done at 350 are stunning. The lid closed cooking keeps everything moist and diesn't flare up

Get one
Old 04-10-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Meat, types of charcoal. Anything
Old 04-10-2014, 10:16 AM

I must invest in these probes. Remote would be good.

The temp gauge on the egg is pretty decent in my opinion
Old 04-10-2014, 10:18 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is here
Quote:
Meat, types of charcoal. Anything
Are gas grills heresy?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
What I didn't say before, big green eggs are more versatile than smokey mountains. Smokey mountains smoke. Big green eggs you can do all sorts.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Are gas grills heresy?
<finger hovering over neg rep button>

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 04-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Are gas grills heresy?

Like putting apple sauce on roast beef
Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
What I didn't say before, big green eggs are more versatile than smokey mountains. Smokey mountains smoke. Big green eggs you can do all sorts.

Have you got both mate?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Ichiro!

I would wholeheartedly recommend Pitt Cue's book.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Check out the Oxford charcoal company Alderhost.... You'd like it