Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The future of the BBC

The fight to save the BBC starts today

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:47 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Bye bye Beeb.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:49 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Tory Party

Shut down the bbc and suck up to Murdoch.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 16-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If the Tories dismantle the BBC, I can see them struggling to maintain credibility with the electorate. Jeremy Corbyn and the SNP will smash 'em in the next election.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:58 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Their business model is dying. I don't mind the beeb but the licensing process is ridiculous. You have to let them know every two years if you don't own a tv. Imagine if every organisation operated like that.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
The best public service broadcaster in the world. Tidy it up, make it more efficient - not wasting money on overpaid superstars and let it get on with it's work
Old 16-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree, it needs a bit of a shake-up. However, I have a feeling that if [some of] the Tories get their way, we may be seeing the end of large chunks of it.
Old 16-07-2015, 10:02 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
They want to get rid of the BBC website and make sure people read the Murdoch press.

Old 16-07-2015, 10:04 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I'm not sure the website is an issue - it is already well monetized. To the point of having buzzfeed-like clickbait on the British version.
Old 16-07-2015, 10:06 AM
substitute

As TVs merge with personal computers it becomes harder and harder to enforce a license fee. They've already seen a big drop in fee payers.
Old 16-07-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
I'm not sure the website is an issue - it is already well monetized. To the point of having buzzfeed-like clickbait on the British version.
They are already giving it the spiel about the website being unfair competition to our local and national newspapers.

Old 16-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I was surprised a thread on this hadn't started earlier. The Beeb was under threat as soon as Wittingdale got the job, and the make up of the review group looks little more than a stitch up. It seems that the Tories are going to be guided on media policy by Murdoch, The Mail and the Mail's on line readers who spew bile day after day on their comments sections.

The left wing bias has been stated since the year dot and has generally been proven to be wide of the mark, although in all the arts the contributors are a bit more left/liberal leaning than right.

The question of "what is public service broadcasting" is a huge one, PBS in the Tories beloved USA is basically just a few talking heads discussing worthy books etc etc. with the scope of this review and Wittingdale's mindset, the Beeb cannot win, get a popular show - they are dumbing down and chasing ratings, show lots of worthy BBC4 type shows with low ratings and they are failing to appeal to the public.

There is a popular myth but about that no one watches terrestrial TV anymore, it's all streaming, on line etc. which is just not true, the vast majority in the UK still sit in their living rooms watching normal BBC, ITV, C4 (and a very few C5). And when faced with a choice on the same event, choose the BBC over ITV or Sky. Sadly, lots of our institutions (the R&A being the latest) are choosing financial gain over audience numbers on free TV, and then bemoan declining participation. A great point was made about the Women's World Cup and the million plus people watching the Lionesses in the SF in the early hours. How many young girls will be galvanised to play by that rather than had it been on Sky watched by a couple of night owls and their hamsters.

The BBC needs to adapt for sure, and the licence fee concept needs adjusting, but 145 pa vs my 800 pa+ for Sky HD, two boxes and Sports so I can watch a Palace, the cricket and golf and the occasional US series like Boardwalk Empire? I'm lucky, I can afford it, most can't. If the Tories and their allies get their way (and remember last time around Dave wanted to remove the requirement for TV news to be impartial other than the BBC - Fox News UK here we come...) the BBC will be neutered, diminished and gone, and it will be a huge hole in the national landscape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Lurker

"Today's Thought for the Day is brought to you by Monsanto Foods & Rio Tinto Mining"

"Welcome to Match of the Day, in association with Paddy Power & Neteller... Today's big winners were Sky, who raked in another bazillion pounds from gullible punters"

"Welcome to the News at Ten, sponsored by Gazprom and Heat! Magazine. Our main story tonight, Ukraine are a bunch of *****. Also, Vladimir Putin rescues toddler from burning house. But first, we go to our showbiz reporter for an update on Kim Kardashian..."
Old 16-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Lurker

"Next up, The Archers, where approval for the new industrial retail park and shopping complex to be constructed by Laing O'Rourke in Ambridge, is met with joyous applause at the potential for economic development"
Old 16-07-2015, 10:18 AM

matt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
If the Tories dismantle the BBC, I can see them struggling to maintain credibility with the electorate. Jeremy Corbyn and the SNP will smash 'em in the next election.
How do you work that out?

More and more people are viewing content in different manners and the proposed merger of Liberty Media and Vodafone is only going to accelerate this movement.

The likes of iTunes, Netfliks and Amazon are the manner in which content is now produced and sold. The Beeb, whilst a very good content producer, is starting to look outdated as a business model.

Like the NHS, we need to have a debate about the role of the Beeb and its future. Plus, how it is paid for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-jtbpUtdU
Old 16-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I worked briefly at the BBC and a few things I remember.

- Wastage, massive wastage on virtually every level - I worked in an office of maybe 80 people, at any one day half of those would not bother coming in, the others would sit watching DVDs etc
- Decadence - free beer and wine at virtually any occasion (training for example), I'm okay with this mostly but it comes out of our tax
- Stupid money paid - My colleague was so well paid that he often joked that after one year he burnt the entire licence fees of Milton Keynes on his salary

A lot of this has changed but the wankers still make Top Gear so fair is fair
Old 16-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I worked briefly at the BBC and a few things I remember.

- Wastage, massive wastage on virtually every level - I worked in an office of maybe 80 people, at any one day half of those would not bother coming in, the others would sit watching DVDs etc
- Decadence - free beer and wine at virtually any occasion (training for example), I'm okay with this mostly but it comes out of our tax
- Stupid money paid - My colleague was so well paid that he often joked that after one year he burnt the entire licence fees of Milton Keynes on his salary

A lot of this has changed but the wankers still make Top Gear so fair is fair
I suspect most of that has changed in the past few years, but again, on salaries at least - devil & deep blue sea, pay the market rate for talent, get beaten up, don't and talent goes to ITV/Sky, get beaten up (unless it's J Ross when if you don't instantly fire him based on 5 complaints you are not fit to live on planet earth)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-07-2015, 10:30 AM
substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
They are already giving it the spiel about the website being unfair competition to our local and national newspapers.
The paper versions or the websites? Either way that is worrying seeing how bad they are!
Old 16-07-2015, 10:38 AM

Ghosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGhosteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
What 'unfair' in terms of not being full of crap?
Old 16-07-2015, 10:41 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
I was surprised a thread on this hadn't started earlier. The Beeb was under threat as soon as Wittingdale got the job, and the make up of the review group looks little more than a stitch up. It seems that the Tories are going to be guided on media policy by Murdoch, The Mail and the Mail's on line readers who spew bile day after day on their comments sections.

The left wing bias has been stated since the year dot and has generally been proven to be wide of the mark, although in all the arts the contributors are a bit more left/liberal leaning than right.

The question of "what is public service broadcasting" is a huge one, PBS in the Tories beloved USA is basically just a few talking heads discussing worthy books etc etc. with the scope of this review and Wittingdale's mindset, the Beeb cannot win, get a popular show - they are dumbing down and chasing ratings, show lots of worthy BBC4 type shows with low ratings and they are failing to appeal to the public.

There is a popular myth but about that no one watches terrestrial TV anymore, it's all streaming, on line etc. which is just not true, the vast majority in the UK still sit in their living rooms watching normal BBC, ITV, C4 (and a very few C5). And when faced with a choice on the same event, choose the BBC over ITV or Sky. Sadly, lots of our institutions (the R&A being the latest) are choosing financial gain over audience numbers on free TV, and then bemoan declining participation. A great point was made about the Women's World Cup and the million plus people watching the Lionesses in the SF in the early hours. How many young girls will be galvanised to play by that rather than had it been on Sky watched by a couple of night owls and their hamsters.

The BBC needs to adapt for sure, and the licence fee concept needs adjusting, but 145 pa vs my 800 pa+ for Sky HD, two boxes and Sports so I can watch a Palace, the cricket and golf and the occasional US series like Boardwalk Empire? I'm lucky, I can afford it, most can't. If the Tories and their allies get their way (and remember last time around Dave wanted to remove the requirement for TV news to be impartial other than the BBC - Fox News UK here we come...) the BBC will be neutered, diminished and gone, and it will be a huge hole in the national landscape.
Spot on in every way. Must spread etc.

Cricket wanker.