Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Had partial prostate TURT done in October.as I was blocked up. Had to wear a catheter for over a month beforehand. Mine was non cancerous thankfully
Hot wire or green laser?
Old 19-01-2018, 06:51 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I need to find whereI can get this done, here in Spain

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
There is good news out there, in that there's an MR technique to detect prostate cancer that should be as good as a biopsy. Although not available everywhere.
The green laser for improved flow cauterises as it goes so preferable to the hot wire.
There's also a high frequency ultrasound treatment for prostate cancer which is obviously preferable to Radiotherapy where its effective.
Old 19-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
There is good news out there, in that there's an MR technique to detect prostate cancer that should be as good as a biopsy. Although not available everywhere.
There is! The Charity is doing work to ensure it is available all across the UK.

If you go to the bottom of the attached page, it shows where it was and wasn't available when a FOI request was made:-

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-01-2018, 07:42 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is you saying the prostate is racist?
No surprise you are here then. those people with different skin colour scare you.

SaulAlinsky
Old 19-01-2018, 08:26 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As far as I know the mpMRI technique is still not readily available in the UK.
My MRI scan missed the cancer completey, and I was already at Stage 3.
Template biopsy is still the surest way of checking, and relatively pain free.
It’s virtually unheard of to miss cancer, as it uses a multiple needle technique to hit as many cells as possible.
Good luck to all out there who may be worried but as prostate cancer is a slow grower, if you’re checked out early enough, you should have no problems.
As mentioned before, regular PSA blood tests, although not foolproof, will give some indications of potential problems down the line. Apart from that, peeing more than usual is a good sign of prostate issues
Old 19-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Best of luck guys. We are in this together.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 19-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
As far as I know the mpMRI technique is still not readily available in the UK.
It is, just not universally available .... yet; see the link below that I posted earlier (and accompanying map):-

"What we are doing.

We are taking action to support and encourage health bodies at a national and local level across the UK to address their resource challenges. We have carried out Freedom of Information request research with Trusts, Health Boards and Health & Social Care Trusts across the UK to find out about which areas are already doing this technique, MRI scanner capacity and barriers preventing every eligible man accessing it. We will share this research with national commissioners like NHS England and work with them to make funding available for new resource and capacity in those hospitals that want to adopt or increase mpMRI before biopsy. That way, we can make sure were getting this new imaging diagnostic to men as soon as possible."

Quote:
My MRI scan missed the cancer completely, and I was already at Stage 3.
Template biopsy is still the surest way of checking, and relatively pain free.
Its virtually unheard of to miss cancer, as it uses a multiple needle technique to hit as many cells as possible.
Good luck to all out there who may be worried but as prostate cancer is a slow grower, if youre checked out early enough, you should have no problems.
It can be slow growing, or more aggressive; part of the testing is to check the less aggressive cancers and discuss with each man what options exist, what is best for each man, particularly if it's not aggressive and could be managed by 'active surveillance'.

Quote:
As mentioned before, regular PSA blood tests, although not foolproof, will give some indications of potential problems down the line. Apart from that, peeing more than usual is a good sign of prostate issues.
Though not all prostate issues will be cancer:-

Old 19-01-2018, 09:43 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Prostrate anyone have it /had it?

I have an enlarged prostrate which can be a bastard just had my latest Psa test results available on Monday. Have to take tamsoulin doctor has asked me to consider another drug but want to research it first. Im fortunate not to have cancer but good luck to anyone that does
Old 19-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Is you saying the prostate is racist?

Check the risk factors:-

Old 20-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Make sure you don't blam when they get stuck in.
Old 20-01-2018, 02:00 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Last time I had the finger test during a physical, the doctor asked me if I was OK with him doing it. I must have given him a quizzical look as I just take it for granted now, so he explained that it is now law (or policy) that they get permission. Seemed a bit odd, but I'm sure the result of some lawsuit somewhere.

I think my response was something along the lines of, "Yeah, go for it". Not sure what else one could say really that wasn't an old cliche.
Old 24-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Policy advisor to God

Been told this morning PSA over 11, MR and biopsy being booked.
Old 24-01-2018, 02:27 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Made enquiries at my local doctors here in Spain...his response will astound you.

Apparently the tests cost money, if he refers for the test he will lose money from his monthly bonus (all this I found out later) so, unless i am showing acute symtoms, he will just palm me off with anti biotics for related ailments!

If I want a test I will have to attend a private clinic and pay upward of €50 for it.

Old 24-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Made enquiries at my local doctors here in Spain...his response will astound you.

Ap..............
Its usually symptomless so if you have to pay just pay.
Old 24-01-2018, 02:38 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Its usually symptomless so if you have to pay just pay.
Im going to, the attitude just astounded me.

Good luck with your stuff.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Policy advisor to God

Now when the footie season is over and you have nothing to do but argue with CR and KoW how about this to break the monotony.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:56 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck Skint, sure you’ll be fine, PSA of 11 is not mega
Old 11-02-2018, 10:12 AM

Maidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Been told this morning PSA over 11, MR and biopsy being booked.
I had a PSA reading of 4.6 and diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer following biopsys however I know blokes that have has a much higher reading but got the all clear. Im having it removed next Tuesday by Radical Prostatectomy (open surgery) and really hope that my surgeon has a steady hand when it comes to the nerve sparing part of the procedure! Im by no means an expert but happy to provide details of my experience if required.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc View Post
I had a PSA reading of 4.6 and diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer following biopsys however I know blokes that have has a much higher reading but got the all clear. Im having it removed next Tuesday by Radical Prostatectomy (open surgery) and really hope that my surgeon has a steady hand when it comes to the nerve sparing part of the procedure! Im by no means an expert but happy to provide details of my experience if required.
Best of luck with it.