Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-08-2019, 06:25 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
I think we'll regret it if we let him leave permanently.
Based on evidence so far at Palace, I seriously doubt it!
Old 15-08-2019, 06:36 PM
California Palace

CPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is one of the worst players I've seen play at Palace and never looks to be bothered at all (loves a jog about). If he becomes a top player I'll eat an article of clothing. Goodbye Sorloth and good luck.

Please join the Southern California Palace Supporters pages.

Twitter https://twitter.com/CPFC_SoCal
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/cpfcsocal/
--
Looking for a Dallas Realtor?
Old 15-08-2019, 06:37 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Based on evidence so far at Palace, I seriously doubt it!
Too small a sample size of games to be able to make any reasonable predictions off the back of.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:38 PM

TennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTennesseeKing came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFCalifornia View Post
He is one of the worst players I've seen play at Palace and never looks to be bothered at all (loves a jog about). If he becomes a top player I'll eat an article of clothing. Goodbye Sorloth and good luck.
No disrespect but how many players have you actually seen play at Palace? He's nowhere near one of the worst we've ever had, not even close.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:39 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Looks like he might be competing for a place with Sturridge soon.

Werner Herzog
Old 15-08-2019, 06:46 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Just by chance I read the first post on his thread from 10 Feb last year:
"I thought he did well for a PL debut today. Some nice linkups and won lots of aerial challenges. Nearly got a goal as well. Feeling a bit more comfortable with the money we paid now. " and this reflected the consensus of opinion.
Shame it's not worked out for him so far.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
"I thought he did well for a PL debut today. Some nice linkups and won lots of aerial challenges. Nearly got a goal as well. Feeling a bit more comfortable with the money we paid now. " and this reflected the consensus of opinion.
Quite, don't really see the point in revisionist history from people claiming he's one of our worst ever. He's a young striker who started reasonably well, had a perfectly good goal against Chelsea disallowed, and then proceeded to get very little game time. He's clearly had his confidence knocked in his time with us and could very easily go on to become a good player if given game time, he's got all the attributes to do well.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:54 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am prepared to guess you started supporting Palace in recent years. We have had some serious shit here and he is way, way down the list compared to many
Old 15-08-2019, 06:59 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I am prepared to guess you started supporting Palace in recent years. We have had some serious shit here and he is way, way down the list compared to many
Yeah I'm no great believer in Sorloth's abilities as a PL player, but he's not even close to the top 10 worst forwards I've seen at Palace.

Werner Herzog
Old 15-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
No disrespect but how many players have you actually seen play at Palace? He's nowhere near one of the worst we've ever had, not even close.
Was my thought too. Jesus we've had SO many players worse than Sorloth, I don't know where to start.
Old 15-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Was my thought too. Jesus we've had SO many players worse than Sorloth, I don't know where to start.
Try looking in the mid-1980s.
Old 15-08-2019, 07:52 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Yeah I was going to say that 82-86 was particularly shit but then I started thinking of a back 4 that included Hairy Harrison, Dean Austin and Segi Burton
Old 15-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Amir Karic and Leif Anderson in my top ten...
Old 15-08-2019, 08:22 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Wow!! Did you only start watching palace last year!? Many many worse

He really is not as bad as many say. Young and developing. He’s no Stan Collymore but he looked a bit all at sea in his first few games before we got rid!
Old 15-08-2019, 08:30 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The way people speak about Sorloth is ridiculous, hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people make out.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:33 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lombardi View Post
Amir Karic and Leif Anderson in my top ten...
Karic. How was he a footballer. Awful.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:40 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Leif and Austin were excellent at clapping the fans.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some players are just doomed to play appallingly in red and blue.

I once watched Ricardo Fuller fail to control a throw-in from 5 yards against Wolves...
Old 15-08-2019, 08:44 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
This site is reactionary, as most social media sites are, especially those to do with people's passions. Sorloth is a tough one. We have to assume he can't be pulling up trees in training or he would have been given a chance during the periods when we had no other fit striker. On the other hand, I remember how ordinary Andy Johnson was initially, and that was with some real extended runs in the team.

The problem now is wages and relegation fears / consequences mean players are given little time to adjust, gain confidence, learn, ect. Not everyone can hit the ground running like AWB and Luka did.

No one has a clue what Sorloth will do after being disposed of by us. He may surprise us or disappear. At least we gave him so reasonable service and he did fail to score goals from that service, as directly opposed to the status quo when we rid ourselves of Murray and Gayle. Want to talk mistakes? Sorloth ranks pretty low in comparison.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:46 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Try looking in the mid-1980s.
Please don't talk about the mid-eighties.