Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:57 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
If true, this is really good news - and fits in nicely with the idea of buying a young player that we can develop.

It does, however, counter the rumour that there's an agreement that Trabzonspor will buy him once he plays 15 games for them.
That is the most illogical rumour I have(n't) heard, I should think he would have quite easily played 15 games over the 2 years
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-09-2019, 11:03 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Batshuayi scored 3 goals in 10 games to prove his theory.

He scored 2 goals in 1 game where we did not play to Roys usual gameplan.
I am one of the sloth's biggest critics.. he just doesn't look like he's got "it" to me. However there is a great deal of truth in the theory that Hodgson can blunt even the best strikers in the game.

Don't forget Roy managed to make england look like scotland at major tournaments despite having kane, rashford, sterling, a fit sturridge, vardy and rooney at his disposal. As well as an in form but vastly overrated Alli.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:03 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
That is the most illogical rumour I have(n't) heard, I should think he would have quite easily played 15 games over the 2 years
Although the deal is originally a loan, a clause was added to the transfer. If Sorloth plays in over half of Trabzonspor's matches in the 2020/21 season they will have to pay Palace £6m and the striker will move to the side who came fourth in last season's Super Liga on a permanent deal.

Speaking to Turkish news outlet ​Sabah, the club's president Ahmet Agaoglu said: “We’ve been following Sørloth for quite a while. But Crystal Palace wanted to use him as a part of some deal so that’s why he joined so late. But for now, you can see his quality,

“He has started really well. If he continues like this, he will be an indispensable player for us in the future. He is a real athlete. He came to the club and after two training sessions, he was on the pitch at Prague and scored a very important goal. We are very happy with his performances so far.”
Agaoglu added: “We still have two years. At the end of that, we will see. But I think if he continues like that, the €6m won’t look like much of a fee.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like Ayew I believe Sorloth is a confidence player, and the PL at this stage was too much for him. But we needed a body, and that was what he was when he signed.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
Like Ayew I believe Sorloth is a confidence player, and the PL at this stage was too much for him. But we needed a body, and that was what he was when he signed.
I agree, you can see he lost confidence from the his debut to his later games for us.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
If true, this is really good news - and fits in nicely with the idea of buying a young player that we can develop.

It does, however, counter the rumour that there's an agreement that Trabzonspor will buy him once he plays 15 games for them.
Sadly I think he only comes back to us if they don't think he is worth €6m in which case why would we want him?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This all about maximising his sell on value. It’s the same with Wickham, just an opportunity to prove his fitness for a year and then try to sell him in the summer
Old 05-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
The Sløth will come good one day. I hope on that day we are able to call him back and challenge him to claim a starting spot in the Prem with us.

He's already good with the ball at his feet, just needs to work on his striker's instinct, physicality and heading, these things can sometimes take a bit longer to develop and perfect with taller players.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:34 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacebear View Post
Harry Kane was probably put on england corner taking duty to give him something to do
As much as I like Roy, that most one of the most inexcusable decisions ever made
Old 05-09-2019, 05:58 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
The Sløth will come good one day. I hope on that day we are able to call him back and challenge him to claim a starting spot in the Prem with us.

He's already good with the ball at his feet, just needs to work on his striker's instinct, physicality and heading, these things can sometimes take a bit longer to develop and perfect with taller players.
No he wont. He's a donkey. The Turkish league is Championship standard.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Although hadn’t Ayew already proved himself in the PL with Swansea? Sadly, I can’t see this happening with Sorloth because he just doesn’t seem to have the talent.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Confidence is always important for anyone in sports and his difficult start here will no doubt have dented his. But Ayew showed glimpses of attacking threat and had already shown he can perform at this level. Neither are true of Sorloth.

We probably didn't see his best for Palace but I'm not convinced he will improve that much either.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He'll be fantastic for Ipswich in about 4 years.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:00 AM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas View Post
He'll be fantastic for Ipswich in about 4 years.
Kind of a reverse Connor Wickham then....
Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosowski View Post
The Turkish league is Championship standard.
Easy to say, hard to prove.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:51 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Does anyone think Sorloth would offer less than Benteke?
Old 07-09-2019, 08:01 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
If I had to choose between one of the two in the squad/team it would be Benteke every day of the week. I’ve seen nothing in Sorloth to think he’s a good player. Whether or not we play to his strengths or not is another matter, but I also question what his strengths are.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I’m hopeful Sorloth will have a very good season (or two) and come back like a new signing. Given our track record of signing strikers we’ll probably still need him by season 2021/22.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:06 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tosun tore it up over there and is shit in the prem. I’d rather he’d gone on loan to a championship team and try to prove himself there first.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:53 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Does anyone think Sorloth would offer less than Benteke?