Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 29-04-2018, 10:11 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Giro 2018

The Giro starts next Friday in Jerusalem!
Is it going to be Froome (and Sky) v the rest of the world?

Plenty of interesting pre-Giro reading below:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 30-04-2018, 03:00 PM

singapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for yousingapore eagle is just too good for you
Good timing kabbot.

Along with Froome, the other 'big' names going for this one are Dumoulin, Pinot, Aru and Chaves. Plus there's a bunch of the younger guys looking for the big breakthrough.
Old 30-04-2018, 04:53 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
The Velogames Giro is up and running!

Here are the codes:
708791815 (this one definitely works)
92008698 (I'm not sure if this is the other one)

Last edited by kabbott; 30-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 PM

Don't get caught out for the Velogames competition!

"The deadline for entries to be submitted is 12:45 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Friday 4th May 2018."
Old 01-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
The Velogames Giro is up and running!

Here are the codes:
708791815 (this one definitely works)
92008698 (I'm not sure if this is the other one)
"CPFC BBS" has six entries
"CPFC BBS League" six entries.

Five of us in both.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 AM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pepperoni Procycling are in!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
I haven't picked Froome. There's some decent riders in uncategorised.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
There's some decent riders in uncategorised.
Are there? Care to share?
Old 03-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
I mean its likely they'll be shit but I like the picks
Old 04-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Lost in translation

Froome crashed yesterday, apparently he's fine though.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:49 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Enjoy the race but I’m out, and out of watching pro-cycling for the foreseeable future – until TUEs are properly dealt with the sport isn’t credible. I am almost certain that the asthma drugs that Wiggins was on were the same as used by my sister who was seriously ill – her lung capacity was down to 20% of normal at the time. There are non-performance enhancing alternatives and, seriously, if your asthma is that bad the life of a professional athlete is not for you.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:01 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Team Bahrain Merida rider Kanstanstin Siutsou is out of the Giro with a suspected broken collarbone, after he also crashed on Friday morning
Old 04-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian View Post
Enjoy the race but I’m out, and out of watching pro-cycling for the foreseeable future – until TUEs are properly dealt with the sport isn’t credible. I am almost certain that the asthma drugs that Wiggins was on were the same as used by my sister who was seriously ill – her lung capacity was down to 20% of normal at the time. There are non-performance enhancing alternatives and, seriously, if your asthma is that bad the life of a professional athlete is not for you.
To be honest, I have not watched a lot this year, but I will watch the Giro and I am off to see a few days of le tour in July. I have difficultly accepting the TUE situation, but I think that cycling, as usual, is in the spotlight here when other sports are just as dodgy (tennis, football, skiing, athletics, rugby etc etc). I watch most physical sport now with a cynical eye, but I still enjoy the event.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:51 PM

Perky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I’m in both leagues
Old 04-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
To be honest, I have not watched a lot this year, but I will watch the Giro and I am off to see a few days of le tour in July. I have difficultly accepting the TUE situation, but I think that cycling, as usual, is in the spotlight here when other sports are just as dodgy (tennis, football, skiing, athletics, rugby etc etc). I watch most physical sport now with a cynical eye, but I still enjoy the event.
I get that about other sports but cycling is different to a lot of those in the benefits - drugs can turn an average rider into a world beater, but even if we filled some of our more mediocre players to bursting with EPO they might run a bit longer but they would still be mediocre.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stage 1 Velogames Standings:

355 points

OPH
3 Beers at HT

290 points

I`m so bored of the S-K-Y
Excowboy

260 points

Pink Brake Hoods
Marko van Palace

260 points

Spunky`s Superstars
Duncan Inglis

260 points

Team Belgrave
singapore eagle

205 points

Hot Rats
Lucky Old Gladys

200 points

Cycling Sharks VII
Charltonhater

200 points

Le Feu Depay
kabbott

200 points

Roadrash Procycling
Mark

200 points

meeee
meeee

180 points

Penge Peddlars
Graham

150 points

Sore Ringer
England

130 points

Peddle Bike Risk It
BBK

60 points

Fozzie`s Flyers
Stephen Foss

60 points

Perky Legends
Martyn Perkins

60 points

Pepperoni Procycling
Captain Pizza

60 points

Smashed on Salbutamol
Kemper

0 points

Lancing Canoe, Cycling and 4 x4 club
Steve Sugg

Glad I opted for Dumolin over Grooms or I'd have had no points!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:06 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Couldn't decide between Dumolin and froome, went for both, 2 riders used half my budget, doubt I'll get much from the rest of the rabble I chose

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 04-05-2018, 08:51 PM

Stage 1 Results
1 DUMOULIN, Tom (SUN) 12:02
2 DENNIS, Rohan (BMC) + 2
3 CAMPENAERTS, Victor (LTS)
4 GONÇALVES, José (TKA) + 12
5 DOWSETT, Alex (TKA) + 16
6 BILBAO, Pello (AST) + 18
7 YATES, Simon (MTS) + 20
8 SCHACHMANN, Maximilian (QST) + 21
9 MARTIN, Tony (TKA) + 27
10 POZZOVIVO, Domenico (TBM)
11 BETANCUR, Carlos (MOV) + 28
12 CONTI, Valerio (UAD) + 29
13 SCHMIDT, Mads Würtz (TKA) + 30
14 GROSSSCHARTNER, Felix (BOH) + 31
15 WELLENS, Tim (LTS) + 32
16 PINOT, Thibaut (GFC) + 33
17 SCULLY, Tom (EFD) + 34
18 KONRAD, Patrick (BOH)
19 PREIDLER, Georg (GFC)
20 CAVAGNA, Rémi (QST) + 35
21 FROOME, Chris (SKY) + 37
22 VALLS FERRI, Rafael (MOV) + 38
23 ULISSI, Diego (UAD) + 40
24 DE LA PARTE, Victor (MOV)
25 POELS, Wout (SKY)
26 FORMOLO, Davide (BOH)
27 SEPULVEDA, Eduardo (MOV) + 41
28 MARCATO, Marco (UAD) + 42
29 OOMEN, Sam (SUN)
30 KANGERT, Tanel (AST) + 43

General Classification after Stage 1
1 DUMOULIN, Tom (SUN) 12:02
Old 04-05-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post

Glad I opted for Dumolin over Grooms or I'd have had no points!
Dumoulin was my only points scorer too although I didn't choose him over Froome. I just can't pick Froome. His very presence in the race annoys me. Plus the fact that races are much more open when the Sky team aren't dominating. Plus Sky don't often do well in the Giro!