Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-08-2018, 12:49 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pretty much guarantee if/when they come up there will be riots on the day they get promoted. Still think they are a big club and yes they do take 1,000's away, but they get very salty if you dare mention other clubs (ie us) have decent away support.

They will have a collapse at some point this season though.
Old 29-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I think there's a few on here that have a romanticised view of Leeds Utd.
They seem to forget Don Revie who shit on England and the scumbag fans.

Hope they go into liquidation.
In total agreement... They have a Millwall type mentality.
Old 29-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
One fixture I'll always remember when we played em in about '87/88 at home.
It was when Harry Enfield was at the peak of his popularity with 'Loadsa money.'
We went 2-0 up at Selhurst, got our wallets out, waving them at 'em chanting at them...'Loads and loads of money...'
It was at the start of yet another recession where it was supposed that us Southerners were so much better off.

Little did these Yorkshire pikeys know that we had f*ck all, the same as them.

My wallet was very easy to wave cos it had nowt in it!
Old 29-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Can’t help but like them I’m afraid for various reasons
Cracking city and away day
They would be a great addition to the franchise. Even if league one they still took thousands everywhere.
Old 29-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella View Post
Pretty much guarantee if/when they come up there will be riots on the day they get promoted. Still think they are a big club and yes they do take 1,000's away, but they get very salty if you dare mention other clubs (ie us) have decent away support.

They will have a collapse at some point this season though.
You predict a riot?
Old 29-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I'm sending this to all the Leeds fans who txt me after each of their matches.
Old 29-08-2018, 04:55 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Can’t help but like them I’m afraid for various reasons
Cracking city and away day
They would be a great addition to the franchise. Even if league one they still took thousands everywhere.
echo much of this. I have no problems with Leeds. I saw a load clobber some Chelsea fans back in the late 90's, so they went up in my estimation. I wasn't keen on their overzealous stewards towards us many years back, but always had some good away days there with Palace.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:00 AM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Horrible club, horrible fans. Some of us older ones do not forget.
I consider myself an older fan, been going Palace 40 years plus. Can remember their fans at Elland Road and equally can remember chasing their fans all over Selhurst Station. Their train windows got put through as they left too. We also steamed them coming out of the Holmesdale corner once. So we are not whiter than white in that respect. That was years ago and things have changed a bit since then.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:46 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I reckon the people that are romanticising about a return to the top flight for Leeds United have either never seen a fixture between Palace & Leeds, or have forgotten them. Guaranteed aggro with their support home & away. They are a bunch of arrogant bully boy divs. Like how Chelsea used to be, but with a daft accent.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:49 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Guaranteed aggro with their support home & away.
I imagine that is why some want them to come up
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 30-08-2018, 09:52 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Every team has a few dickheads following them, The thing with Leeds (Like Millwall) it's about 20% of their support.

Stay in the championship please.
Old 30-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Wrap View Post
I consider myself an older fan, been going Palace 40 years plus. Can remember their fans at Elland Road and equally can remember chasing their fans all over Selhurst Station. Their train windows got put through as they left too. We also steamed them coming out of the Holmesdale corner once. So we are not whiter than white in that respect. That was years ago and things have changed a bit since then.
What years would they have been? I've never heard of that? I did go to the 1970s Wimbledon/Leeds cup game at Selhurst when there was a massive crowd and plenty of unpleasantness between Leeds and a consortium of London fans.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Did anyone go to that Mercantile Credit thing at Wembley in about '87?
We were walking up the steps to the stadium when a lone Leeds fan came down towards mouthing off about how shit we were. He copped a good hiding.
Inside the ground though was a different kettle of fish.
Leeds everywhere and looking for ag with everyone.
I didn't cry though.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:15 PM

My older brother talked us all into going to that because he reckoned it'd be the only chance we would ever get to see The Palace at Wembley in our lifetimes.

Pffft!
Old 31-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Did anyone go to that Mercantile Credit thing at Wembley in about '87?
Yep. Leeds fans were next block to us on our right, iirc. Waited all bloody day for Palace. Also had a ticket for day 2, but couldn't be arsed to go after we'd lost to Sheffield Wednesday.

Last edited by JJ; 31-08-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 31-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Yep. Leeds fans were next block to us on our right, iirc. Waited all bloody day for Palace. Also had a ticket for day 2, but couldn't be arsed to go after we'd lost to Sheffield Wednesday.
Exactly the same here.

I also recall joining in with Tranmere's support.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 10-09-2019, 04:23 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Leeds youngster suspended for 6 weeks for placing 59 bets on matches - five that included Leeds.

Leeds chief exec. has slammed the FA, as he feels the charge is OTT.

"To prevent a young footballer from taking part in any football activities at such a critical period of his career is a disproportionate punishment following a foolish mistake from a young player.”

What a load of old bollo*ks! 6 weeks is hardly going to send the kids development back is it? What a stupid thing to say. The kid is a professional; picks up professional wages so should act accordingly.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel