Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Poor return from the fixture we’ve had

Bottom 3 by end of Nov I’m afraid
Old 22-09-2018, 09:34 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
3 points of 6th - happy to take that
Old 22-09-2018, 09:56 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
The Ward header against Watford, Benteke from one yard against Southampton and Sakho miss today. Are there any other teams missing as many critical chances as us?
No. We've also hit the woodwork 4 times

Saw some stats on it. We've missed something like 2nd or 3rd big chances and 2nd for hitting woodwork. That's before today too so probably made worse
Old 23-09-2018, 11:30 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Poor return from the fixture weíve had

Bottom 3 by end of Nov Iím afraid
Thats the spirit.
Old 23-09-2018, 11:45 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Hopefully our saving grace will be that there will be 3 worse sides than us and we should have Zaha at the club and fit for the whole season. Bit we havenít looked at all good this season. Missing Cabaye hugely and RLC going back has really hurt us. On the games so far this season, Ayew, Meyer, Kouyate and Sorloth arenít that good in Premier League terms. I still think we should have enough about us to stay up. I think it will be a fairly close call this season though.
Old 23-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I think we’ve been okay at times. I also think that the Premier League is relatively poor this season- there are more rubbish teams than there has been for a while
Old 23-09-2018, 11:57 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Hopefully our saving grace will be that there will be 3 worse sides than us and we should have Zaha at the club and fit for the whole season. Bit we havenít looked at all good this season. Missing Cabaye hugely and RLC going back has really hurt us. On the games so far this season, Ayew, Meyer, Kouyate and Sorloth arenít that good in Premier League terms. I still think we should have enough about us to stay up. I think it will be a fairly close call this season though.
How can you possibly judge on the game time they have had? A run of full games is necessary before anyone can judge surely.
Old 23-09-2018, 12:25 PM

Sureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A couple of seasons ago we were regularly losing at home to bottom half teams after struggling to break down 10 man defence and being caught on the break. Remember losing at home to Sunderland( several times), Villa, WBA,Hull Burnley, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea Huddersfield Everton, Watford, Bournemouth. The positive under Hodgson is that we have stopped losing such matches (Southampton 2 weeks ago being the exception). The challenge now is to turn these sort of matches into wins...something most bottom half teams struggle with.

I am always more confident about playing bottom half teams away from home and top half teams at home.
Old 23-09-2018, 12:36 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
How can you possibly judge on the game time they have had? A run of full games is necessary before anyone can judge surely.

I said ďOn the games so far this season.... ď! Who knows how they will develop. You can only make a judgement on what they have shown so far. Thatís what Hodgson must do in training to decide who starts each week.
Old 23-09-2018, 01:29 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Played pretty crap last 2 games and have 4 points from them. So I'm fairly positive.
Old 23-09-2018, 09:09 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
who is going to be the third worst team than cardiff and huddersfield? if its newcastle then our away match with them is going to be vital
Old 23-09-2018, 09:15 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Played pretty crap last 2 games and have 4 points from them. So I'm fairly positive.
Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace vs Wolves
Everton vs Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham
Manchester Utd vs Crystal Palace

Something tells me we need 2 wins in our next 7 games and we have played crap against 2 teams that have yet to win
Old 23-09-2018, 10:17 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
We are much better than Newcastle, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham. We will have no problem staying up.
Old 24-09-2018, 12:47 AM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
who is going to be the third worst team than cardiff and huddersfield? if its newcastle then our away match with them is going to be vital
Brighton hopefully!
Old 24-09-2018, 04:29 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
Nonsense.

Particularly where Meyer is concerned.
Old 24-09-2018, 05:02 AM
SeŮor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
A couple of seasons ago we were regularly losing at home to bottom half teams after struggling to break down 10 man defence and being caught on the break. Remember losing at home to Sunderland( several times), Villa, WBA,Hull Burnley, Southampton, West Ham, Swansea Huddersfield Everton, Watford, Bournemouth. The positive under Hodgson is that we have stopped losing such matches (Southampton 2 weeks ago being the exception). The challenge now is to turn these sort of matches into wins...something most bottom half teams struggle with.

I am always more confident about playing bottom half teams away from home and top half teams at home.
I agree, but I'd also say we need to beat the top 6 at home which we have rarely been able to do, though we got close a few times last season.
Old 25-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
We are much better than Newcastle, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham. We will have no problem staying up.
Not so sure about that. We have one goalscorer. If he gets injured or marked out of games, we could quite conceivably struggle.

I genuinely feel on the evidence so far that we've again left ourselves short in front of goal and already suspect the January window could prove vital.
Old 26-09-2018, 03:35 PM

SteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteveHKent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Could someone create a calendar for this season ? Maybe call it the guaranteed 40 points predictor or something more positive ! I’d like to see it, it was a real touchstone for me last year

For me,if I put my optimistic head on I am hopeful that Huddersfield, Cardiff and Newcastle May become adrift but then things can change so fast ...we saw how we improved last season after a worse start than any of those three ...
Old 29-09-2018, 03:46 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
not long to go until a perfect set of results I think in the 3 pm kickoffs
Old 29-09-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHKent View Post
Could someone create a calendar for this season ? Maybe call it the guaranteed 40 points predictor or something more positive ! Iíd like to see it, it was a real touchstone for me last year

For me,if I put my optimistic head on I am hopeful that Huddersfield, Cardiff and Newcastle May become adrift but then things can change so fast ...we saw how we improved last season after a worse start than any of those three ...
I do my own each season based on a very crude overall season record of 10 wins, 10 draws and 18 defeats

with a 6-4-9 ratio at home
and a 4-6 -9 ratio away

I just base it on last season's final placings with the promoted teams placed 18th-20th.

I roughly estimate that we need to beat the bottom 6 at home and the bottom 4 away

obviously football is not at all like that in predictability but it works for me as a rough guide

based on this method so far for a 40 point finish:

game 1: fulham A gained 3 points expected 3 points; final expected (40+0) = 40
game 2: liverpool H gained 0 points expected 0 points; final (40+0) =40
game 3: watford A gained 0 points expected 1 point; final (40-1) =39
game 4: southampton H gained 0 points expected 3 points, final (39-3) =36
game 5: huddersfield A gained 3 points expected 1 point final (36+2)=38
game 6: newcastle H gained 1 point expected 1 point final (38+0) =38

So I reckon so far (after only 6 games) we are on for a 38 point finish

a bit worryingly we have scored the lowest amount of goals (4 in 6 matches) outside the bottom 3