Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Thanks misfit and everyone else. Have exhausted pretty much all that is on the Guardian article. The claim is with the company not the individual but he is a sole trader. The Baliff canít take his tools or his lorry as he needs them to make a living. How fking mad is that! He wonít pay but you canít take it away! I guess the high court is the next step but I keep throwing money at this and then find out they can only ask nicely.
From what you say, it is an action against a company not the individual. One way of focussing the mind would be to send a draft statutory demand to him saying that if the debt is not paid within 7 days then you will formally commence insolvency proceedings by having the SD served and starting a 21 day window for the debt to be paid. If he fails to do that you then have the option of having a winding up petition issued.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:40 AM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes. Iíve done all that and are at the final stage of the value making a 3rd visit but no one there and no response from calls. I can try for bankruptcy but that will cost me £100 that I donít have and there is no certainty I will get it or any other part back. He rents his house and storage. Has a big cargo pick up and some tools.
I fail to see how you can bankrupt the individual if the claim is against a company. Unless he provided some form of personal guarantee which in this instance I am guessing is not the case.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:08 AM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Again, high court bailiff warrant.

Know a bit about this. They generally work for another firm or local council but they are always, to a man and woman, the best performing bailiffs on the circuit. They are driven by greed and reputation, which is exactly what you want in your situation.
Need to send mr grix and kev round think kev s from croydon
Old 07-02-2019, 09:53 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
I fail to see how you can bankrupt the individual if the claim is against a company. Unless he provided some form of personal guarantee which in this instance I am guessing is not the case.
Yes you are right its against a company thats not LTD and runs as a sole trader.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 07-02-2019, 10:58 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dodgers View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thx I called them and one issue I have is that I have made the claim against a non legal entity. I just claimed against XYZ Company when I should have claimed John Smith trading as XYZ as he is a sole trader. I can then go after personal assets. Another £100 on the court bill Then I can change the warrant to the guys you linked and THEN maybe get something happening.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
As you have found out a Company means a limited company otherwise it is just a T/A name. That is actually good because it is very easy to fold a company and start up a new one. Less easy to avoid debts if it is an individual. The Sheriffs are your best bet.

Just wondering what PK would have made of this thread - lol

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 07-02-2019, 11:42 AM

Thanks

I would hope he would sympathise with me, but it would have been a struggle

I do miss his vitriol

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 07-02-2019, 12:55 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry to hear this- faced a similar issue myself personally and did some extensive research into it. Frankly it's utterly vile there is all the support in the world to weasel off paying stuff but next to nothing for collections. In the end, they settled in full literally on the day of the order. I would have had no hesitation to spend money to **** them over moreso like seeking a bankruptcy order.

I have worked professionally with a firm called Federal Management who were very effective at collecting debt through a variety of methods might be worth a quick call to see if they can assist as they also take on private collections. IIRC the rates were reasonable.

Unfortunately if cars are leased/on finance they can't be seized which is really frustrating.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Thx for the recommendation. . I agree with you there is a ton of info on how to get out of paying stuff but not a lot on how to get it back when you are owed.

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 07-02-2019, 03:26 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Kneecaps

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Kneecaps
Are you offering to come over and have a word for me ?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 07-02-2019, 03:30 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Should we anticipate your appearance on "Can't pay? We'll take it away"?

(All the best with your pursuit)
Old 07-02-2019, 04:40 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Are you offering to come over and have a word for me ?
Might be.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:45 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
I have a similar ongoing problem. Once you win the Court Order, that's when difficulties can arise. and costs go up.
Dodgy tradesman are all too aware of the protocol for Bailiffs. If the Bailiffs get nothing on a visit, you still accrue charges. Then, more visits.

I am getting advice from a company called akinika at the moment. They are professionals. Try googling them to see if they can assist.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:49 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Of course, there are other options.
Make sure any payments to persons are made in cash, and that the people have a reputation for getting stuff done.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:01 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Of note, any costs you incur from issuing enforcement or high court action should be levied on top the debt.

Currently, he will have a county court judgement - Its usually very important when dealing with individuals that its in their name (rather than just the company name) as it cripples your credit rating.

It might be worth getting onto the Company House register to find out where the company director has registered to. Once you have a name and home address on the county court judgement, its pretty grim for his credit rating and his businesses credit rating.

Ideally, with people trading as / one man companies, you want their home address added to the case.
Old 17-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dodgers View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thank you Ron, Brett, Vendy and others.These guys got on the case at the end of August. Two weeks later the bastard paid! Waiting for the statuary clearance of 14 days and then my money is back. The power of the BBS. I owe you a beer

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 17-09-2019, 12:14 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Well done - the sheriffs are the only ones really worth instructing.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 17-09-2019, 02:00 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I love a happy ending... and a story with a positive outcome.
Old 17-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Great stuff