Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:25 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I remember reading in Brian Clough's autobiography that said something along the lines of, "there are two typs of people in football. Football people (the players, coached and so on) and non-football people (the club owners and chairmen). Non-football people's job is to provide money. Football people's job is to take as much money off them as possible."

I suspect some of our recent managers had the Clough philosophy.

I also think it is changing. Premier league clubs are multi-million pound franchises and they cannot be run by self-interested amateurs. I see it becoming more like North American sports franchises where the money men and sporting staff are separate. I think Parish sees it this way as well.
I think all of your post is spot on, except for the bit I've highlighted. Parish has employed near enough the entirety of the 'managerial merry go round' and often buys the playing version of that too. He's become a footballing chairman of the nineties and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:27 AM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That Fulham example is very bad, but such "tapping up" of players I am sure is very common.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:05 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Update: Hartlepool fans seem to believe that the agent representing Luca Murphy is one Gary Coxall. He was the Chairman of Hartlepool for two tumultuous years from 2015 to 2017 which culminated in them tumbling out of the football league under the ill fated management of Dave Jones. People might recall Jeff Stelling's anti-Jones rant on Sky as they slipped towards relegation. Coxall resigned shortly after relegation was confirmed, and his regime at the helm was subsequently investigated by the police after allegations of financial irregularities. No charges have been brought to date.

Coxall is an Essex man born and bred. It should be noted that he himself is not a registered football agent although he may of course be employed by a registered agency.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:22 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
It seems that DirtyBird, the chicken shack restaurant chain invested in by Steve Parish and Will Salthouse, has reached the end of the line after slipping into administration. A sale of the company's relatively meagre assets is proposed by the administrators, and the various investors will have to walk away with nothing. The company was never able to get even close to turning a profit.

On the face of it this seems like an unusually poor investment decision by a savvy businessman like Steve Parish. Glenn Murray, Wayne Routledge and David Brooks - all USM clients - will also no doubt be very disappointed to have lost their money, having presumably been persuaded to invest by their agent.

Changing the subject entirely, I caught a showing of Goodfellas on TV the other week, no doubt that it is a fantastic movie.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Probationary User

spaniel is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
It seems that DirtyBird, the chicken shack restaurant chain invested in by Steve Parish and Will Salthouse, has reached the end of the line after slipping into administration. A sale of the company's relatively meagre assets is proposed by the administrators, and the various investors will have to walk away with nothing. The company was never able to get even close to turning a profit.

On the face of it this seems like an unusually poor investment decision by a savvy businessman like Steve Parish. Glenn Murray, Wayne Routledge and David Brooks - all USM clients - will also no doubt be very disappointed to have lost their money, having presumably been persuaded to invest by their agent.

Changing the subject entirely, I caught a showing of Goodfellas on TV the other week, no doubt that it is a fantastic movie.
Wasnt that the thing that Glenn Murrays wife was doing that got Murray into tax trouble? Such an off-putting name for a chicken restaurant. No wonder it failed really.