Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 21-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
County Cricket 2019

Just a few weeks to go now.

Surrey to rip the Championship up again, right?

Kent to finish bottom having had their bums spanked every week, yep?

Away you go. Have a good summer of willow against leather, everyone.

Just a shame that the ECB have titted up the fixtures so badly that there is barely any red ball cricket being played at weekends.
Old 21-02-2019, 11:47 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Sussex for promotion!
Old 21-02-2019, 12:54 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Good to see this thread again.

It will be tough for Kent in Division One. I would take staying up right now.

I write a more detailed post about the season schedule (in all competitions) nearer the time but in the Championship only one team will go down from Division One and three will go up from Division Two due to format changes.

I'm going to try and do quite a few days across all competitions this year having not been much in the last few years. I have got myself a membership for the first time since 2015.
Old 21-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Kent to finish bottom having had their bums spanked every week, yep?
........Just a shame that the ECB have titted up the fixtures so badly that there is barely any red ball cricket being played at weekends.
I think spanking is more a pastime in those Surrey stockbroker belt towns........

The schedule has been a joke for many a year. Depressing really but there you go.

And cheers in advance Rob. Will await your round up.
Old 21-02-2019, 06:11 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Is it worth renewing my season ticket at Surrey with the fixtures fwck up and world up and ashes etc?

Not sure but I will see what mood I am in next week
Old 21-02-2019, 08:13 PM

yorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for youyorkshire-eagle is just too good for you
Yorkshire to struggle again this season I think
Old 21-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Is it worth renewing my season ticket at Surrey with the fixtures fwck up and world up and ashes etc?

My cricket club get two memberships every year... I normally “borrow” one for the season.

Cricket wanker.
Old 21-02-2019, 10:49 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
Good to see this thread again.

It will be tough for Kent in Division One. I would take staying up right now.

I write a more detailed post about the season schedule (in all competitions) nearer the time but in the Championship only one team will go down from Division One and three will go up from Division Two due to format changes.

I'm going to try and do quite a few days across all competitions this year having not been much in the last few years. I have got myself a membership for the first time since 2015.
Think so too Rob. Need our batters like Billings and Denly to really step up. The bowling seemed decent
Old 21-02-2019, 11:58 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post

You will do the same as me and renew For 200 quid it is still a bargain.
Looking forward to kicking Kent down this year.
I see the Kent away county game is at Beckenham this year.
Old 22-02-2019, 07:56 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
My cricket club get two memberships every year... I normally “borrow” one for the season.

I like it. My work get a season ticket for Palace and I borrow for some games.
Old 22-02-2019, 07:57 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
I will I know I always ponder but it is always worth it
Old 22-02-2019, 08:50 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
To be fair to Surrey, the one thing they have finally done this year is something I've banging on about for ages.

My County Membership covers entrance to County Championship, One Day & T20 games. For T20, I can sit with up to 2 non-members in Members Areas. However, if I want to sit with >2 non-members (as I do when I arrange an outing for about 40 people once a year), I have to buy a ticket for myself in order to sit with them in non-Member areas.

I bitch to them about it every year. They've finally sorted it so I can don't have to pay to sit with a load of mates in a non-Members' area. Hurrah!
Old 22-02-2019, 09:15 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
20th - 23rd May

How nice would it be if we could all be at that having seen Palace win The FA Cup two days before.
Old 22-02-2019, 09:56 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This season for Surrey could be a lot harder to dominate as they did the last, as much will depend on who and how many players get called up into the England squad. The choice of overseas player will play a big part in our success this season similar to what Sangakara did by giving our batting the stability and a base to work from, but also with the development of our young players.
Old 22-02-2019, 11:45 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
This season for Surrey could be a lot harder to dominate as they did the last, as much will depend on who and how many players get called up into the England squad. The choice of overseas player will play a big part in our success this season similar to what Sangakara did by giving our batting the stability and a base to work from, but also with the development of our young players.
Morkel will be the key again for me. If he stays fit we can win the title again, even with some absent players for England. Interesting to see who the overseas player will be.
Old 22-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
20th - 23rd May

How nice would it be if we could all be at that having seen Palace win The FA Cup two days before.
Well we have been waiting nearly 115 years. Good to be an optimist.
Old 22-02-2019, 05:36 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Morkel will be the key again for me. If he stays fit we can win the title again, even with some absent players for England. Interesting to see who the overseas player will be.
No Question Andy if he can maintain his fitness then Morkel will be our match winner, i have to say about being concerned about our batting but much will depend on who gets called up. I still feel we lack that one top notch run getter like when we had Sangakara to call on, so a lot will now depend on the consistency Jason Roy shows but also how young Pope has developed.
Old 22-02-2019, 05:38 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Agree, hence I don't expect much from Surrey this year.
Old 22-02-2019, 07:23 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think they've already announced Dean Elgar. Surrey have also signed Jordan Clark and Liam Plunkett over the winter.
Old 22-02-2019, 07:40 PM
Always late for kick-off

3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

COYK

S****y at Beckenham in May is a good choice by the County, looking forward to an easy 24 points.

Planned week away in September for the Championship match in Yorkshire. Will be the first time in a while, may make it an extended road-trip with Nottinghamshire away the week before.....

Fingers crossed Matt Henry gets his chance to have a crack at 1st Division batsmen.