Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 25-03-2019, 08:33 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Bancroft made captain of Durham.

Thoughts?
I'm a Durham fan as I was living there when they became a first class county and I think that it was a dreadful bit of PR

Captains are supposed to lead by example and inspire the rest of the team but I don't see how a proven cheat is going to do that.

Reading between the lines it seems that two likely candidates turned down the job and I guess that the management didn't think anyone else up to it.

It doesn't help that three cash rich counties (Surrey, Notts and Lancs) pinch their best players as Keaton Jennings, Mark Stoneman and Paul Coughlin have all captained Durham in the past
Old 25-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
So good to hear MCC vs Surrey on the radio this morning. Sun was out & the cricket was on. All good with the world.
Two Surrey youngsters one on debut put on 245. Jamie Smith 123 no on debut. Ollie Pope on 183
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 25-03-2019, 04:59 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
It sounds like last season never ended.

Closer to home the first set of university matches start tomorrow.
Old 26-03-2019, 07:16 AM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
It sounds like last season never ended.
You should do even better this year as you now have a third cricketer that came through the Durham academy system
Old 26-03-2019, 09:37 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is scary but incredibly exciting of what Surrey could be capable of achieving over the foreseeable future with the unbelievable young talent they have coming through.
Much will be dependent on how Alec Stewart, the coaches but also the experienced "older heads" in the team nurture this talent, we have the superb Mokel to offer guidance for the bowlers, if only we also still had the one and only Sangakara to nuture our exceptional young batsman whilst coming through. However, looking at the squad as it stands and it ain't bad is it.
This summer If we are not propping up the England team with Surrey players, also Weather permitting and if we play to our true potential, then i just dont see Surrey losing a game and cleaning up ALL competitions this summer.
Old 26-03-2019, 12:50 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
You should do even better this year as you now have a third cricketer that came through the Durham academy system
I'm Kent supporter rather than Surrey. My post was more about them last year winning the County Championship comfortably and look like they could do it again this summer.

I'm not expecting the season to be like that for Kent.
Old 26-03-2019, 02:15 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Is Clark injured, as he doesn't seem to be involved in the Surrey pre-season games in UAE (or is he just not good enough to displace one of the 8 Surrey academy players )?

(Fun fact : His younger brother helped my club 1st XI win the Middlesex League a few years ago)

Last edited by spike; 26-03-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 27-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I have taken out a minor sponsorship deal for Kent and yesterday went to a pre season breakfast great event all the players there and they certainly don’t appear to consider themselves as whipping boys.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 27-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I have taken out a minor sponsorship deal for Kent and yesterday went to a pre season breakfast great event all the players there and they certainly donít appear to consider themselves as whipping boys.
Good stuff.
Old 28-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
List of all the ins and outs here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Which county do people think has made the best signing?
Old 28-03-2019, 02:10 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
It is good to see Kent back in Division One and we should get more media coverage now.

I have happy memories of days down at Canterbury when I lived in Kent and have witnessed the following at Kent matches :

A parked car windscreen being shattered by a ball being hit for six.

A ball landing in a woman's cleavage which left her quite distressed as she was definitely not expecting a six to land there.

A fan next to me at Lords getting a soaking from a pint that was accidentally knocked down from balcony above' luckily it was in a plastic pint glass.

Seeing Derek Underwood deny Surrey a win at the Oval by batting until stumps as the last man for well over an hour.
Old 28-03-2019, 06:57 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
List of all the ins and outs here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure about best signings but some old war horses have retired - Steve Magoffin, Grant Elliot, Jonathan Trott, Nick Compton, James Tredwell, Jimmy Adams, Sean Irvine, James Foster, Paul Collingwood. That's some Vets team.
Old 29-03-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post

Duanne Olivier could be an inspired signing for Yorkshire
Old 29-03-2019, 10:17 PM

A live stream will be available for all of Kent's non-televised home games taking place in Canterbury this season.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-03-2019, 06:06 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
A live stream will be available for all of Kent's non-televised home games taking place in Canterbury this season.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thatís great news for folks who canít get to games. Do you think, however, that it might lead to even fewer bums on seats at grounds, where folk might have attended in person but will now simply sit at home and watch?
Old 30-03-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Thatís great news for folks who canít get to games. Do you think, however, that it might lead to even fewer bums on seats at grounds, where folk might have attended in person but will now simply sit at home and watch?
If it's anything like Durham's live streams it's no substitute for going to the match or even for watching it on "proper" TV as it's just a static camera so once the ball is off the square you don't know what's happened to it which is highly unsatisfactory.

There's no sound either
Old 30-03-2019, 09:33 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If it's anything like Durham's live streams it's no substitute for going to the match or even for watching it on "proper" TV as it's just a static camera so once the ball is off the square you don't know what's happened to it which is highly unsatisfactory.

There's no sound either
The sound and commentary on Surrey's last year were pretty good, but I agree the actual stream covering the square only is pretty rank.
Will certainly not affect crowds,but it is of course better for people who can't get to the games than following text.
Old 30-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
That’s great news for folks who can’t get to games. Do you think, however, that it might lead to even fewer bums on seats at grounds, where folk might have attended in person but will now simply sit at home and watch?
It will be just the standard feed that most counties use. It's better than nothing if you can't go but not a substitute for attending. I don't think anyone would not attend because of it as you can see far more in the ground.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:03 AM

Re above 3 posts - of course, you're all right.

Those static 'on square' cameras are rubbish - you see the batsman slog it into the deep then watch him, the bowler & the 'keeper 'watch' the out-of-shot fielder catch the ball. Consequently the batsman takes a swipe at the pitch & the bowler & keeper run off celebrating....
Old 01-04-2019, 01:50 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
It is good to see Kent back in Division One and we should get more media coverage now.

I have happy memories of days down at Canterbury when I lived in Kent and have witnessed the following at Kent matches :

A parked car windscreen being shattered by a ball being hit for six.

A ball landing in a woman's cleavage which left her quite distressed as she was definitely not expecting a six to land there.

A fan next to me at Lords getting a soaking from a pint that was accidentally knocked down from balcony above' luckily it was in a plastic pint glass.

Seeing Derek Underwood deny Surrey a win at the Oval by batting until stumps as the last man for well over an hour.
Tunbridge Wells is a great little ground to go to.