Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
A superb piece on the new and utterly wretched competition:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Have been further dismayed by the news that to accommodate this unnecessary crap September 2020 will see counties playing five 4 day county championship matches.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post

Have been further dismayed by the news that to accommodate this unnecessary crap September 2020 will see counties playing five 4 day county championship matches.
******* hell, where did you hear that ROB? As well as being logistically challenging, there's an even bigger potential that The Weather will win the league next year.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:54 AM

Webb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for you
Quote:

Good piece.

The whole thing is an absurd concept of marketing bs and forced commercial crass. I don't know of anyone likes cricket currently who feels like this is a good thing. Similarly, I can't think of anyone who currently doesn't like cricket, but would now suddenly be interested in going to a game in The Hundred (which is in fact seems to be far more complicated) against all three current formats, and I just don't understand that apparently there have been focus groups or whatever that have provided enough evidence to give this a go.

Lots of my mates have developed an interest in test cricket following going to a T20 and working up from there, so maybe there is a case around that, but I just can't see it working as the ECB has pissed off their fanbase for a seemingly non-existent 'new' audience. Cricket isn't broken, there's not a need to change it, you just need to make it more accessible. Make people fall in love with it for what it is, not change your 'product' to suit. My gf finally started taking an interest in cricket this summer following the World Cup, and, more importantly, test match cricket.

The answer is to get, say, two of the summer home test matches (at least, and some ODI/T20s) on free to air/YouTube/split rights deal between Sky and BBC/Channel 4/internet streaming during the school summer holidays, not this whole forced concept that no-one, apart from ECB accountants or counties being blackmailed, seems to want or need.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
******* hell, where did you hear that ROB? As well as being logistically challenging, there's an even bigger potential that The Weather will win the league next year.
First match will start on August 31st .... article in South London Press by Marcus Hook a few weeks back. In it he also points out what a p*ss poor season Surrey have had.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:01 PM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Ruskin Old Boy;14939494
.... he also points out what a p*ss poor season Surrey have had.[/QUOTE]

Obviously a highly perceptive bloke.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Golden Oldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
Obviously a highly perceptive bloke.
Indeed.

I could have added "brave" as Surrey have a fondness for making out all is well. From an earlier post:

"2019 has already been a momentous year at The Kia Oval". Thus starts the letter to members from R Gould, CEO of the Club.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Indeed.

I could have added "brave" as Surrey have a fondness for making out all is well. From an earlier post:

"2019 has already been a momentous year at The Kia Oval". Thus starts the letter to members from R Gould, CEO of the Club.
Those Employee Training Days and jollies in the OCS Stand don't organise themselves you know Ruskin. Never mind about the cricket...
Old 09-10-2019, 05:28 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
First match will start on August 31st .... article in South London Press by Marcus Hook a few weeks back. In it he also points out what a p*ss poor season Surrey have had.
Can't wait to see the fixture list. The 100 should be played in September. County games have to take priority. Everyone who supports real Cricket should be up in arms.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
I think that people do not think Sangakkara (sp) was at Surrey long enough or he surely had to be on the list.
Stewart was a good player,but no way should he be top of that list. I rated graham thorpe and Ramps above him and they are not even on the list.
And no Monte Lynch.

Ffs.

Cricket wanker.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:26 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Good piece.

The whole thing is an absurd concept of marketing bs and forced commercial crass. I don't know of anyone likes cricket currently who feels like this is a good thing. Similarly, I can't think of anyone who currently doesn't like cricket, but would now suddenly be interested in going to a game in The Hundred (which is in fact seems to be far more complicated) against all three current formats, and I just don't understand that apparently there have been focus groups or whatever that have provided enough evidence to give this a go.

Lots of my mates have developed an interest in test cricket following going to a T20 and working up from there, so maybe there is a case around that, but I just can't see it working as the ECB has pissed off their fanbase for a seemingly non-existent 'new' audience. Cricket isn't broken, there's not a need to change it, you just need to make it more accessible. Make people fall in love with it for what it is, not change your 'product' to suit. My gf finally started taking an interest in cricket this summer following the World Cup, and, more importantly, test match cricket.

The answer is to get, say, two of the summer home test matches (at least, and some ODI/T20s) on free to air/YouTube/split rights deal between Sky and BBC/Channel 4/internet streaming during the school summer holidays, not this whole forced concept that no-one, apart from ECB accountants or counties being blackmailed, seems to want or need.
Read this morning that you won't be able to wear the shirt on public transport in London because of Tfl junk food advert rules
Hope Surrey and Middlesex haven't ordered a load
You really couldn't make this up 😀
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was prepared to give the whole thing a chance until I saw the term "Batter" on The Hundred website. That's something you put around fish.
What if Oval Invincibles lose their first game? (and on current form......) Will they get re-marketed?
Apparently "this team leaves a lasting impression long after the last ball"
I hope it's not the same lasting impression 8 pints and a hog roast leaves on me at the Oval.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I sincerely hope the hundred is a total flop.

Makes my blood boil.

Cricket wanker.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I sincerely hope the hundred is a total flop.

Makes my blood boil.
Indeed. What a load of old cock.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
Was prepared to give the whole thing a chance until I saw the term "Batter" on The Hundred website. That's something you put around fish.
What if Oval Invincibles lose their first game? (and on current form......) Will they get re-marketed?
Apparently "this team leaves a lasting impression long after the last ball"
I hope it's not the same lasting impression 8 pints and a hog roast leaves on me at the Oval.
Jeez, that website. All capital letters & bright colours. It's a bit too shouty for this 50 year old man. Which, one supposes, is the intent.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:15 PM

Well, at least it's good to know that the Southern Brave will be 'Endlessly curious, with an insatiable appetite for adventure'

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hell.
Old 17-10-2019, 07:40 AM

Webb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Jeez, that website. All capital letters & bright colours. It's a bit too shouty for this 50 year old man. Which, one supposes, is the intent.
I'm 34 (going on 50). It's definitely too shouty for me.

I just hate the forced brand identity of the new teams, the bullshit concepts behind the teams that clearly a marketing agency with no concept of cricket have come up with, trying to generate faux heritage and culture, and just generally that this tournament isn't needed or wanted.
Old 17-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Golden Oldie

More on the sponsorship shambles. The NHS has expressed dismay that KP Snacks is sponsoring the tournament. The NHS Chief Executive Officer said: “If you think about the extra demand that is being created through the obesity epidemic, with poor diet now a bigger risk factor for ill health than smoking, it is disappointing when, for example, you see the English Cricket Board doing a deal with junk food aimed at children,”.

Old 17-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
To be fair, their Honey roast peanuts are lush and high in protein..
Old 17-10-2019, 10:59 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Ravi Bopara has left Essex for Sussex.
Old 18-10-2019, 03:05 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some early odds for the title next season. I won't be backing Surrey.