Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-03-2019, 08:39 PM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
Aztec Camera
Belle and Sebastian
The Blue Nile
Orange Juice
Old 24-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
I think he means theyíre not much cop.

Kasabian are from Leicester- so theyíd probably count themselves as Midlanders.

Hmmm... I though that was the tone.

Donít care. Love Embrace and Kasabian (who, to me, are Northern)
Old 24-03-2019, 08:47 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Good music is good music, regardless whether it’s from the north, south, east or west.
Old 24-03-2019, 09:20 PM

salad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am a Londoner but it"s the north for me by a mile.Apart from Shack from Liverpool I have several faves from Scotland.

Trashcan Sinatras
Teenage Fanclub
Belle and Sebastian
The Delgados
Camera Obscura
Bert Jansch

So Scotland is the winner for me
Old 24-03-2019, 09:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Thin Lizzy are literally the only decent band ever to come from Eire.
They're good at writing, though.
Phil Lynott was from somewhere like Wolverhampton or equally vulgar.
Old 24-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by salad fan club View Post

First time for everything.
Old 24-03-2019, 10:00 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Pogues and The Fureys are both bloody brilliant.
Old 24-03-2019, 10:25 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Hmmm... I though that was the tone.

Donít care. Love Embrace and Kasabian (who, to me, are Northern)

Loved Fireworks & Good Good People by Embrace but felt they sort of blanded out after that.
Kasabian debut album decent but not really grabbed me musically since.
Old 24-03-2019, 10:26 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Still think U2 are brilliant- itís just Bono is a bit of a tool.
Old 24-03-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salad fan club View Post
I am a Londoner but it"s the north for me by a mile.Apart from Shack from Liverpool I have several faves from Scotland.

Trashcan Sinatras

Teenage Fanclub

Belle and Sebastian

The Delgados

Camera Obscura

Bert Jansch

Love Trashcans, also Big Country & Hue And Cry.
Old 24-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Loved Fireworks & Good Good People by Embrace but felt they sort of blanded out after that.
Kasabian debut album decent but not really grabbed me musically since.

Yep. Agree

Embraceís first album was spectacular (especially for a first album). My Weakness Is None Of Your Business and Come Back To What You Know are wonderful songs. Thereís the odd great song on following albums but sadly they are not what they used to be.

Kasabianís first album was superb. Again, following albums have odd stonkers on but nothing touches the first one.

First albums can be wonderful, as the songs on the album have probably been germinating for years inside the bandís mind, and sometimes 2nd albums eclipse the first (Interpol springs to mind). But, there are very few bands that consistently write at the same level for the whole of their career.
Old 24-03-2019, 10:39 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The north for me

The Beatles > The Rolling Stones
Take That > East17
The Smiths > The Cure
The Stone Roses > Carter USM
Happy Mondays > Wonder Stuff
Duran Duran > Spandau Ballet
Pulp > Blur

Northern bands and pop groups always have their southern counter-parts and they're almost always better than them. The problem with using sales as a benchmark, is that southerners buy shit southern music because they resent the superior northern stuff. East17 were shit, but I bet their sales compare well against Take That, because chavvy London teenagers identified with them. The Rolling Stones are a dreadful band, but proud London working-class men with affected accents and manners wouldn't have been seen dead enjoying a beatles album, so the Rolling Stones were their go to alternative.
Old 26-03-2019, 10:49 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
The Pogues and The Fureys are both bloody brilliant.
The Dubliners
Aslan
Planxty
Ash
Stiff Little Fingers
Van Morrison
My Bloody Valentine
The Cranberries
The Corrs
Jedward
Old 26-03-2019, 12:26 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Young Fathers.
I have no opinion on any of this north/south rubbish, just wanted to say Young Fathers are ******* great.

Carry on.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 26-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Dubliners
Aslan
Planxty
Ash
Stiff Little Fingers
Van Morrison
My Bloody Valentine
The Cranberries
The Corrs
Jedward
Definitely north over south from that list.
Old 27-03-2019, 06:44 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Dubliners
Aslan
Planxty
Ash
Stiff Little Fingers
Van Morrison
My Bloody Valentine
The Cranberries
The Corrs
Jedward
Not forgetting the Bachelors.
Old 27-03-2019, 07:12 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Dubliners
Aslan
Planxty
Ash
Stiff Little Fingers
Van Morrison
My Bloody Valentine
The Cranberries
The Corrs
Jedward
The Miami Showband
Old 27-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Definitely north over south from that list.
Better drummers?
Old 27-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The Isle of Wight wins this hands down....Level 42, the greatest band in the world ever FACT, hail from there.
Didnít they form Level 42 in London after leaving the IOW?
Old 15-06-2019, 04:43 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
If I had to choose between South v North bands I'd have to choose North but it's a stupid argument as there have been great bands from all regions. Even Essex!

The country as a whole should be very proud of it's musical heritage. Even Essex!
That would be one of the best bands to grace this earth Depeche Mode.

Loved the early Yazoo stuff as well. Move Out is a classic still.

Think Blur hailed from Colchester, although nothing special imo