Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-03-2019, 11:07 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
That Gaming Wow Moment.

As a gaming vet I've had quite a few of these wow moments.
Pong being a first followed by the great Space Invaders and then Moon Cresta.
But after F-Zero and SMW, it would have to be Ridge Racer on PS for me...

I had this game and console on jap import and played it solid for months.

You?
Old 16-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Mario 64.

Seeing a 3-D Mario swimming underwater was the last time I was blown away.
Old 16-03-2019, 11:17 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Actually PSVR has given me a few “wow” moments, too.
Old 16-03-2019, 11:21 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I was so good at Ridge Racer. I even got a best time score printed in a Playstation mag. Namco bought out the Negcon controller specifically for this game and I bested it with that too.

NERD.
Old 17-03-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Mario 64.

Seeing a 3-D Mario swimming underwater was the last time I was blown away.
That was my next wow moment.
I bought my first flat in Shortlands and just down the road from me was an import game shop called Raven Games. I met up with him last season in the club shop before a game but that's neither here nor there.

I finished work early specifically to get to Raven Games the day the N64 was released.
I had no intention to buy it that day, even though I was and still am a huge Nintendo fan. My idea was to give it a few months and buy it on import when the price had come down.
I'd paid about 500 quid for The PlayStation with Ridge Racer on import and about the same for The Snes with SMW a few years previous to that so I wasn't about to spunk similar on an N64 import machine...and then I stopped at Raven Games on my way home from work the day the N64 came out.

I went home 500 quid poorer that day but it was worth it just for SM64.

Another wow moment.
Old 17-03-2019, 12:19 AM

Oh and btw, my Ridge Racer prowess translated to the arcade version.
You can keep your Sega Daytona USA (I was good at that too)
I was The Ridge Racer master.
Old 17-03-2019, 09:43 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Actually PSVR has given me a few wow moments, too.
Mine has mainly given me Im gonna throw up moments. I simply cant play it for longer than a couple of minutes!!!

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
That was my next wow moment.
I bought my first flat in Shortlands and just down the road from me was an import game shop called Raven Games. I met up with him last season in the club shop before a game but that's neither here nor there.

I finished work early specifically to get to Raven Games the day the N64 was released.
I had no intention to buy it that day, even though I was and still am a huge Nintendo fan. My idea was to give it a few months and buy it on import when the price had come down.
I'd paid about 500 quid for The PlayStation with Ridge Racer on import and about the same for The Snes with SMW a few years previous to that so I wasn't about to spunk similar on an N64 import machine...and then I stopped at Raven Games on my way home from work the day the N64 came out.

I went home 500 quid poorer that day but it was worth it just for SM64.

Another wow moment.

I used to go to Raven Games too. They were quite expensive but I liked the service they gave. I had a jap PS1, too ! My import N64 cost half a grand, too.

I even had an American 3DO a year or two before it came out in the uk. Road Rash was an excellent game.
Old 17-03-2019, 08:50 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
I have the rare Ridge Racer which came packaged with a Playstation steering device unique to the game.
This is a Japanese import and I bought it new from Ace Games which was near London's Goodge Street Station and this shop was a mecca for import games.

Silica Shop in Sidcup was my local gaming shop and I bought my Atari VCS system from them.

I have loads of Retro import games from the US and Japan on Playstation and Dreamcast which run much smoother than their PAL variants as NTSC runs faster.

Road Rash fans may like to check out the Next Gen "Road Redemption" game which I have on Xbox One as it is like a newer version of the classic game.
Old 17-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
3D Monster Maze on the ZX81

Jet Set Willy and Sabrewolf on the Spectrum

Elite on the BBC

Zarch on the Archimedes

Carrier Command, Shadow of the Beast and Stunt Car Racer on the Atari ST

Pretty much everything on the Neo Geo

Wolfenstein the original on PC, just blew everything away then Doom and Quake! ID were so at it! GTA1 and 3 were bonkers at the time.

Last of Us on the Playstation, just total emotional involvement

Like IoW I cant do the VR for too long but it is something else, the Star Wars mission on Battlefront was a childhood dream and Wipeout is sickeningly insane. Don't get me started on RE7! Too scared to play it any more!
Old 17-03-2019, 11:26 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
If you include arcade games, then Paperboy - with bmx handlebar controls, audio samples coming through stereo speakers and cartoon style graphics.
Old 18-03-2019, 08:57 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Super Mario was the obvious one, but Rogue Leader on the Gamecube. Getting to go through through the trench on the Death Star in an X-Wing was the stuff dreams are made of!
Old 18-03-2019, 07:05 PM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Street fighter 2 on the snes
Tomb raider 1 Saturn
Mario kart 64
Star fox snes
Old 18-03-2019, 07:41 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
So many through the ages on different platforms...

Mazogs on ZX81

Elite on the BBC

Fairlight on the Spectrum

Uridium on the C64

Dungeon Master on Atari ST

Another World/Sensible Soccer on the Amiga

To many games to choose from on the PC but the likes of Half Life/Diablo 1/Counter Strike/Red Alert 2/Syndicate.

All had great wow gaming moments
Old 18-03-2019, 07:46 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
GTA3 on PS2. Me and my mate always loved GTA on Playstation and so GTA3 being a 3D world just blew us away. I remember we played it for virtually the entire weekend when he had just got his PS2.
Old 18-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Red dead redemption on the 360. John Martson on horseback riding into Mexico

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 18-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
That Gaming Wow Moment.

Controlling Metal Gear Rex in a battle with Liquid Snake controlling Meal Gear Ray. Spine tingling stuff.

God Of War 3, scaling Mount Olympus, on the back of a Titan, whilst doing battle with Poseidon was absolutely incredible.

When the DayZ mod was initially released for ArmA 2 was unforgettable. Being terrified of going into a big City for fear of losing your hard earned loot. The fear of a Zombie being aggroed by your presence. The joy of finding a D.M.R. Wish i could do it all again.

Last edited by Joe85; 18-03-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 19-03-2019, 09:45 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Red dead redemption on the 360. John Martson on horseback riding into Mexico
I'm not a massive gamer and mainly play Football games when I do play but I have to say this game was something special for me and I played it about 5 years after it came out
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 19-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sit down version of Outrun. I think I was on Brighton pier when I saw that for the first time. Blew me away (and not just because I think it was 50p a go).

I went to To view the link you have to Register or Login the weekend we played Burnley and they had a working one there. Still an amazing experience.
Old 19-03-2019, 06:01 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quake 2 online was magnificent. Picking up the Rail Gun or the BFG and letting loose was just madness particularly in a confined area.

Going back a bit Metal Gear Solid, that initial opening cinematic scene and playability was a game changer.

Then popping forwards again Call of Duty: Modern Warfare/ COD4. Unreal online playability, that eventually turned to shit when they started to mess about with it.