Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
You mean 'the worlds leading climate change scientists who need to keep scaring people to keep themselves in a job''
TBF that's the approach of a lot of science, you're doomed unless you give us more money. Its particularly prevalent when a project has it funding cut, they usually announce they were about to discover something that would save everyone.
Old 18-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Originally Posted by weltklasse
far from angry. LOL. careful you will explode if you carry on like that little man . For what its worth. i agree with the protests. I understand the the issue of climate change is going to fall ever more heavily on the next generations also i agree with you earlier point that coordinated international action is the way to go. finally anything skint says normally turns out to be full of shit. HTH.

I don't often see your posts as I have you on ignore but strolling copied this one.

If we are going to start mentioning talking shit you have previously said that you burn coal at home, probably the most polluting fuel of all, your neighbours must be so pleased. Yet you claim to agree with the protests, that has to be the most stunning hypocrisy of the thread.

You might like to pose as sympathetic to them but you clearly don't give a shit.
Old 18-04-2019, 07:36 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Even from a position of not believing in climate change I don't understand why the country and government as a whole aren't looking towards renewable and green energy, if only so you can still watch DVDs during a Zombie apocalypse.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 18-04-2019, 07:40 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
It's your attitude that is relevant. Your Gammonesque reaction to the the protesters - 'why aren't they at work?' followed by 'I've put in more than i've taken'.

The last bit is total bollox of course. The retirees now have been the biggest takers in history. Firstly A massive one off transfer of funds from the next generation to yours via house prices. Artificially created booms in stock markets giving nice pension payouts now - the price will eventually be paid later. And last but not least the climate which you haven't had to worry about in the slightest but the kids now do thanks to our actions - and you have the audacity to mock them.

I don't blame you as an individual one bit for taking advantage of all these niceties given to you, but don't come on here claiming you've put in more than you've taken out. FFS. Nothing can be further from the truth.
Don’t forget free higher education, and the sale of many state assets with the proceeds quickly spent by way of tax breaks.
Old 18-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I don't mind protests for climate change yep I think we have a problem that needs sorting but these do not come across as protests they come across a bunch of self indulged professional protesting tree hugger's partying in central London doing yoga, swirly whirly dancing on Waterloo bridge and crafts.

While again disrupting ordinary people's lives doing what they are doing to earn a crust.

We hear the protest is about Climate Change but is lost due to the main message that comes out that it's just about the disruption it has caused,nutters gluing themselves to windows and trains. .

How much have we talked about climate change on this thread ?...We have learnt more about Skint's pension and Golfs obsession with it or him LOL
Old 18-04-2019, 08:00 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Yep far from.angry, I find you hilariously pathetic , akin to a child trapped in an adults body. But for 3 lines of that post you seem to have been jolted into straying from your normal inane comments on other posters and have actually posted something relative and interesting . Sadly, and predictably though, you revert to type at the end of a half decent post , and your unhealthy fetish about skint becomes the focus of it again . What is wrong with you man ?
you need to get your anger issues and sad obsession with me sorted. laughable that you actually think you have achieved something with your spittle fuelled posts. I will expect another release of impotent rage from you shortly. You need to direct the whats wrong with you question to yourself btw.

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-04-2019, 08:04 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I don't mind protests for climate change yep I think we have a problem that needs sorting but these do not come across as protests they come across a bunch of self indulged professional protesting tree hugger's partying in central London doing yoga, swirly whirly dancing on Waterloo bridge and crafts.

While again disrupting ordinary people's lives doing what they are doing to earn a crust.

We hear the protest is about Climate Change but is lost due to the main message that comes out that it's just about the disruption it has caused,nutters gluing themselves to windows and trains. .

How much have we talked about climate change on this thread ?...We have learnt more about Skint's pension and Golfs obsession with it or him LOL
don't forget the boners obsession with trying to act the big man too.

Les the reason why protests need to cause disruption is that otherwise the government and others will not pay any attention but you know that and try the Matov lite approach why is that?

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Disruption is the point! How about you go and visit the XR website and educate yourself. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 18-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Originally Posted by weltklasse
far from angry. LOL. careful you will explode if you carry on like that little man . For what its worth. i agree with the protests. I understand the the issue of climate change is going to fall ever more heavily on the next generations also i agree with you earlier point that coordinated international action is the way to go. finally anything skint says normally turns out to be full of shit. HTH.

I don't often see your posts as I have you on ignore but strolling copied this one.

If we are going to start mentioning talking shit you have previously said that you burn coal at home, probably the most polluting fuel of all, your neighbours must be so pleased. Yet you claim to agree with the protests, that has to be the most stunning hypocrisy of the thread.

You might like to pose as sympathetic to them but you clearly don't give a shit.
more lies from skint you respond to my posts rather too often for the i have you on ignore line to be believed.

yes previously i have burnt coal mainly smokeless but when thats not available i make a choice of either wood or coal. Your so called position has been that whatever we do would have no impact because of the actions of others. So in a desperate attempt to accuse me of hypocrisy you now abandon that position? Try and engage brain lets be honest you are so full of it your eyes are brown.

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-04-2019, 08:45 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Not so sure Les. Its been the headline for the last 3 days on pretty much every news I have seen/read/listened too. I have found myself talking to the kids more and thinking twice about what I am putting in the bin.

Which is the point. They aren't expecting to actually change the climate during these protests. The aim is for maximum media exposure, maximum possible amount of arrests and to draw worldwide attention.

A German lady I listened to on the radio said it was the first sane thing she had heard from England in the last ten years. Prior to that point she had assumed we had all turned into insular little islanders.

Last edited by Hpalace; 18-04-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 18-04-2019, 08:47 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Obsession with Skint? Just pointing out the fallacy of babyboomers putting in more than they take out.
Old 18-04-2019, 09:11 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Don’t forget free higher education, and the sale of many state assets with the proceeds quickly spent by way of tax breaks.
Don't forget cheap houses, buying to let, buying up council property on the cheap, pushing the next generations out of ever owning their own houses.
Old 18-04-2019, 09:14 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can I get arrested if I rip them off the tubes?
Old 18-04-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Yes. I doubt you will attract the same publicity though.
Old 18-04-2019, 09:38 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I couldn't be arsed to look at the whole thing, but I noticed two glaring errors: 1), the alphabet is either from Phoenicia or Greece, and not Egypt; and 2), "The Sea Peoples" were not a thing.
..and pokemon.
Old 18-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
And considering this is what they are concerned about

"At the end of 2018, the UN Secretary General warned us:

Humanity and life on Earth now face a ‘direct existential threat’
The world must act swiftly and robustly to keep global warming under 1.5°C and try to avoid utterly catastrophic impacts to life on Earth.
Human activity is causing irreparable harm to the life on this world. A mass extinction event, only the sixth in roughly 540 million years, is underway. Many current life forms could be annihilated or at least committed to extinction by the end of this century.

The air we breathe, the water we drink, the earth we plant in, the food we eat, and the beauty and diversity of nature that nourishes our psychological well-being, all are being corrupted and compromised by the political and economic systems that promote and support our modern, consumer-focussed lifestyles.

We must act while we still can. What we are seeing now is nothing compared to what could come.

Effects on global human society, if the climate and ecological emergency is not addressed, may spiral out of control.

Sea level rise
Desertification
Wildfires
Water shortage
Crop failure
Extreme weather
Millions displaced
Disease
Increased risk of wars and conflicts"

I'm not convinced they give much of a shit about your tube journey
Old 18-04-2019, 09:43 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Old 18-04-2019, 09:51 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
and to top it all off you get a nice state pension -- something else paid for by the current generation, which of course will be non existent when they come to retire.
Nice state pension? It isn't that great in the UK. Wouldn't pay the rent on many houses in the south of England.
Old 18-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Disruption is the point! How about you go and visit the XR website and educate yourself. To view the link you have to Register or Login
I do not need to educate myself about climate change I know there is a major problem from dumping in our oceans,dumping in a blue box for it to be dumped in china to air pollution/pollution we all need to do something about it,I don't need swampy lefty lectures about it.

All I am saying is the message that has been put across is just disruption and these people should be arrested not so much the message about climate change or much to do with any protest that descends into smashing stuff up or stopping normal people from going to work.

Yep look at the headlines where does it say WE MUST CHANGE rather than get these nut jobs of our streets.
Old 18-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
And dentistry. Got a gold tooth for free when I was about 22, from a dentist called Lester Piggett. First pair of glasses was free as well.