Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-04-2019, 02:39 AM

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Give me the angst-ridden bass-driven energy of Joy Division over Morrisseyís whining any day.....
Morrissey is a whinge bag little cretin. Johnny Marr is a god. Back on the subject I gave them another listen tonight it just didn't do it for me I did however find a cure cover for Jimmy Hendrix purple Haze and it was sensational. Couldn't believed I've never heard it before there spin was fantastic.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:44 AM

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I will say though on a second listen she's lost control is a very good song and shadow play wasn't to bad. But overral just not me cuppa.
Old 18-04-2019, 03:07 AM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is class
Old 18-04-2019, 05:36 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
The cure are amazing
Old 18-04-2019, 09:14 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCoppell View Post
I will say though on a second listen she's lost control is a very good song and shadow play wasn't to bad. But overral just not me cuppa.
Last attempt: Try 'A Means to an End" from Closer
Old 19-04-2019, 09:50 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Last attempt: Try 'A Means to an End" from Closer
Or Isolation. That moment where the electronic drums are joined by the full kit is fab. And Twenty Four Hours is a cracker.
Old 24-04-2019, 08:12 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Why doesn't that surprise me?
To be fair I can understand that they arenít better but I think itís just more a timing thing. I recall hearing and still get new new order tracks. As most of joy division was the year I was born it all has to be done retrospectively.

Tutti frutti is still one of my recent favourite songs.
Old 24-04-2019, 10:10 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
On the recent 'best intro' thread, my suggestion was New Dawn Fades by Joy Division. I think they are alright.
Old 30-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
To be fair I can understand that they arenít better but I think itís just more a timing thing. I recall hearing and still get new new order tracks. As most of joy division was the year I was born it all has to be done retrospectively.

Tutti frutti is still one of my recent favourite songs.

Tutti Frutti, I think, is bloody awful.

I love new order but they are on the slide, Iím afraid. For me, there is no new order without Hooky.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:02 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Tutti Frutti, I think, is bloody awful.

I love new order but they are on the slide, Iím afraid. For me, there is no new order without Hooky.
I wish Bernard would stop that awful whooping he does during songs, especially Joy Division numbers. Maybe it's just a nervous thing? I am probably the only person on the planet who quite likes the first NO album, Movement.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:30 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I wish Bernard would stop that awful whooping he does during songs, especially Joy Division numbers. Maybe it's just a nervous thing? I am probably the only person on the planet who quite likes the first NO album, Movement.
I love Movement. Itís still Joy Divisiony.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I saw Hook and his band at the Roundhouse last year doing Movement and the 2 Joy Division albums. Was superb.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:40 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I saw Hook and his band at the Roundhouse last year doing Movement and the 2 Joy Division albums. Was superb.
Good to hear. Thought New Order were awful last Glastonbury appearance and a little piece of me died.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:38 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I quite liked The Other Two. Just had a listen to "Tasty Fish" for the first time in god knows how long and it's still a jolly nice pop song.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I quite liked The Other Two. Just had a listen to "Tasty Fish" for the first time in god knows how long and it's still a jolly nice pop song.
Jolly good... Just listened to that song ... Pretty much Rick Astley territory.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Jolly good... Just listened to that song ... Pretty much Rick Astley territory.
Er, no. More St Etienne.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Er, no. More St Etienne.
poison for the ears .... Do you like this stuff?
Sort of amateur Bananarama!

Old 01-05-2019, 12:06 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
On the recent 'best intro' thread, my suggestion was New Dawn Fades by Joy Division. I think they are alright.
Great song, shit band

I'm negging everyone on here this afternoon who posts bullshit like 'they're as good as the smiths', 'they're in my top ten', 'context is everything' and other frankly bizarre shit.

******* idiots.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Great song, shit band

I'm negging everyone on here this afternoon who posts bullshit like 'they're as good as the smiths', 'they're in my top ten', 'context is everything' and other frankly bizarre shit.

******* idiots.
All power to your neg.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:09 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
Joy Divisions work pisses on that of the Smiths and the Cures from a great height - end of story.
I've just seen this. Brilliant, lol.