Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:56 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Anyone else not in the slightest bit interested in Women's Football?

It's rubbish. No amount of crowbarring into football coverage (often at expense of lower end premier league teams like us), advertising campaigns, and news reports, will change that. Honestly think a decent Sunday League team is a better standard. Sick of hearing about it, frankly.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:07 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Grab some of this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-05-2019, 08:21 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Don't care it's the truth.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:24 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Iím not.

Last edited by teesdale99; 09-05-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am also not the slightest bit interested - but I think promoting it is, to a point, a positive thing. The coverage is very shoehorned but I think it is often well intentioned.

The result is that you get more positive female role-models and more girls getting into football and sport as a result, breaking down gender stereotypes and hopefully having a positive overall impact on society. Will hopefully also help get that generation away from their smart phones for more than 5 minutes at the risk of sounding like a fuddy duddy, and the standard of womens football will improve over time too. The standard at the highest level is often watchable, but still no where near as exciting as a good championship match.

Still, it's a great shame womens football was shut down in the WW2 era, I genuinely think we'd be further along as a society if it hadn't been.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
World Cup starts next month, I'm looking forward to it
Old 09-05-2019, 08:46 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroakley9 View Post
World Cup starts next month, I'm looking forward to it
Me too. Anyone who’s representing Palace or England I’m interested in.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
First game for England is Scotland. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Anyway. Great thread. Look at me, look at me.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Proper geeza is Stan the Man. Don’t like em foreigners wearing their gloves, or them women trying to play a man’s sport.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:52 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
"women know your limits"

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Proper geeza is Stan the Man. Donít like em foreigners wearing their gloves, or them women trying to play a manís sport.
You like watching multi millionaires being so precious about their levels of personal comfort while earning in excess of 100k for a weeks work, that they have to wear gloves in case their hands get chilly? Not the sort of 'die for the cause' attitude i want Palace players to exhibit frankly. And yes, Women's football (and sport frankly) is rubbish, and i'm not interested. They are welcome to play it as much as they like, and i hope they have a good time, but that does not alter the fact it is a terrible standard, and is being overly pushed on people for political purposes.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post

Still, it's a great shame womens football was shut down in the WW2 era, I genuinely think we'd be further along as a society if it hadn't been.
Pull yourself together ffs.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:33 PM

Simple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimple&Stupid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I am also not the slightest bit interested - but I think promoting it is, to a point, a positive thing. The coverage is very shoehorned but I think it is often well intentioned.

The result is that you get more positive female role-models and more girls getting into football and sport as a result, breaking down gender stereotypes and hopefully having a positive overall impact on society. Will hopefully also help get that generation away from their smart phones for more than 5 minutes at the risk of sounding like a fuddy duddy, and the standard of womens football will improve over time too. The standard at the highest level is often watchable, but still no where near as exciting as a good championship match.

Women's football was effectively shut down by the FA in the 1920s so yes, it would've been much further along the road by now if that hadn't happened. But it did and so Women's football is of a very low standard and not worth watching. Unless a relative's playing
Old 09-05-2019, 11:35 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Pull yourself together ffs.
Great response, no attempt to argue whatsoever, just respond with an insult. Gotta love the BBS at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW
Proper geeza is Stan the Man. Donít like em foreigners wearing their gloves, or them women trying to play a manís sport.

Nailed it fellas, not a place for any sort of intelligent debate this thread. Just a bit of chest beating and trolling, I fell for it hook line and sinker thinking anything else
Old 09-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple&Stupid View Post
Women's football was effectively shut down by the FA in the 1920s so yes, it would've been much further along the road by now if that hadn't happened. But it did and so Women's football is of a very low standard and not worth watching. Unless a relative's playing
I said nothing of the sort, although I guess it would've been.

Glad actually responding with some kind of argument is not beyond everyone.

Last edited by Glɑzier; 09-05-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:45 PM

How up your arse do you have to be to suggest that 'society would be further along (whatever that means), had we all been used to watching an inferior sport? Sport encourages masculine traits like aggression and competitiveness, not feminine traits such as nurturing, sensitivity and empathy. We would be in a far worse place socially had this been the case.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:02 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

ďSupporting Palace has a certain cult value Ė like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.Ē
- John Peel
Old 10-05-2019, 06:32 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Easy to be critical of women’s football if you are trying to compare it to the level of football we are used to seeing in the higher divisions of the men’s game - but for me, this is a blinkered opinion to take when you bear in mind the rather obvious limitations facing players who are in the majority part-time and have to dedicate a substantial amount of their own time and finances just to play - there are still only a handful of club’s that have a fully professional squad of players and coaching staff, let alone the physical advantage that men have in stature that is reflected in all other forms of sport where men are naturally stronger, faster and more robust in the majority of cases.

Without using the men’s professional version of the game as the benchmark, I feel women’s football has a very high level of skill in many areas that can be favourably compared to the men’s game at a non-professional level and if you take this into account and watch the sport at face value, I find the matches are enjoyable and can provide just as much excitement and spectacle as any men’s game if you take what you see at face value, without the lofty expectations of seeing something approaching the same level of physical and proffesional ability as the highest level of the men’s version.

I definitely feel there is huge scope for the women’s game to develop and make conditions better to help players gain an even higher level of skill and tactical ability but a lot of this is purely down to finances and in most cases, even the top women’s side have to play second fiddle to the men’s sport in terms of facilities and availability of good coaching, so as someone once said, comparisons are odious and so are any ill conceived prejudices against what are very dedicated and honest players, staff and the army of voluntary helpers that are trying to push women’s football forward.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:48 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
One of the funniest videos of all time.