Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-06-2019, 03:42 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
The Jam Appreciation.

Some people might say my life is in a rut...
Old 06-06-2019, 03:54 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
you wanna cut down on beer or the kids new gear...
Old 06-06-2019, 04:06 AM

They are one of the best British bands of all time.
And Rick Buckler lived in Fort Neef.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:55 AM

I'll always remember their last appearance on TOTP.
Beat Surrender - great song but it was more Style Council (who I also loved but not as much as The Jam) than The Jam.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:28 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Weller was such a young lad yet writing some great socially pointed lyrics well ahead of his time. The Jam still sound as fresh and vital as they did back then.

Going Underground never ages.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 06-06-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Weller was such a young lad yet writing some great socially pointed lyrics well ahead of his time. The Jam still sound as fresh and vital as they did back then.

Going Underground never ages.
Instead of kidney machines we pay for rockets and guns.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:53 AM

One of the greatest songs of all time.
I'm pretty sure it stayed at Number 1 for a while.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:06 AM
Just trying my best

dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dartfordeagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
"What chance have you got against a tie and a crest"
Still true
Old 06-06-2019, 06:12 AM

I was a teen when The Jam were at their peak and spoke to me.
It broke my heart when they said goodbye with Beat Surrender.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:27 AM

jeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Met all three of them back stage at the Rainbow theatre as I had a pass ... Selecter were the support group Bruce Foxton opened the stage door to let me and a mate in !
Saw them lots of times times live and one was at Bromley college which was kept very low key
Great band and I’ve got great memories of the live performances
Old 06-06-2019, 06:40 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Two thirds back together.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:27 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Paul Weller is a miserable twat. Joe Strummer said of them that they only got where they were because of daddy Weller.

I quite like them though.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
From the Jam stole the show in front of 30k last year in Leeds. Overshadowed the headline of Human League , though Kid Creole and the Coconuts were obviously superior.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:11 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
From the Jam stole the show in front of 30k last year in Leeds. Overshadowed the headline of Human League , though Kid Creole and the Coconuts were obviously superior.
'Tropical Gangsters' was the first album I purchased (on cassette). I was only 10 in fairness.
Old 15-06-2019, 04:37 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They smelt of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs and too many right wing meetings...

Always felt Weller sold us out when he left and set up Style Council
Old 15-06-2019, 04:54 PM

jeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejeffers1960 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saturdays kids live in council houses wear v necked shirts and baggie trousers
Old 15-06-2019, 04:56 PM

Saturdays boys live life with insults ... drink lots of beer and wait for half time results ...
Old 15-06-2019, 04:58 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
You'll see nuclear textbooks for atomic crimes
Old 15-06-2019, 04:59 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
I'm stranded on the Vortex floor, my head's been kicked in and blood's started to pour
Old 15-06-2019, 05:03 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffers1960 View Post
Saturdays boys live life with insults ... drink lots of beer and wait for half time results ...
Saturdays girls work in Tescos and Woolworths, wear cheap perfume cos it's all they can afford