Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-07-2019, 09:05 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Season tickets should include membership - the main benefit of membership is access to,tickets if you don’t have a season ticket so it’s ridiculous to expect season ticket holders to pay for this just for one or two other minor benefits
Old 23-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Really disappointed at the club with this. I know it’s no big deal in the whole scheme of things but it’s yet another example of the monetising of every single interaction we have with the club.
Yep, it’s getting that way isn’t it.

It’s sad that a time when the club is swimming in money from the EPL and then the sale of AWB, they seem to be chasing every spare quid from the fans.

From my point of view, I’m willing to spend a given percentage of my income on Palace. As some Palace things increase in cost, I cut my clothe accordingly. So, I now attend fewer away matches to counterbalance the increased cost of my ST etc.

But it does make my heart sink a bit when I see some very average players driving by in their customised cars.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:36 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

It’s sad that a time when the club is swimming in money from the EPL and then the sale of AWB, they seem to be chasing every spare quid from the fans.
Sad? It's disgusting.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Sad? It's disgusting.
Did they make you buy some new Palace bed sheets again?
Old 23-07-2019, 09:42 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sad? It's disgusting.
south London and Proud my arris
Old 23-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
south London and Proud my arris
Club should change the slogan to $outh £ondon and Proud
Old 23-07-2019, 09:53 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Did they make you buy some new Palace bed sheets again?
No ST or membership for me this year, Stav.

See you at the Everton match.
Old 23-07-2019, 09:57 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No ST or membership for me this year, Stav.

See you at the Everton match.
I’ll wear my bow tie
Old 23-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
While I'm disappointed that the club has decided to charge for streams of friendlies/U23 matches, I think it's fair enough if that's what they want to do. There is a cost to providing the streams.

However, what I don't think is acceptable is bundling it in with memberships which give relatively few additional benefits to season ticket holders and charging s/t holders the same as non-s/t holders to get that membership.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 23-07-2019, 10:54 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
Club should change the slogan to $outh £ondon and Pounds
Efa

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 23-07-2019, 11:43 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
How come I watched the game on Palace Player today (well the second half anyway)?

I'm not a member of anything.

Not complaining, maybe I should.
What have you done that deserves that punishment?
Old 23-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
While I'm disappointed that the club has decided to charge for streams of friendlies/U23 matches, I think it's fair enough if that's what they want to do. There is a cost to providing the streams.

However, what I don't think is acceptable is bundling it in with memberships which give relatively few additional benefits to season ticket holders and charging s/t holders the same as non-s/t holders to get that membership.
I'm with you Steve.

I would have paid a couple of quid for each game had that simply been the choice. Its the whole membership thing when I've got a season ticket worth hundreds of pounds (every year for god knows how long) that irritates the crap out of me.

They've shot themselves in the foot big time though, normally I would have gone to 2 or 3 friendlies and bought a selection of merchandise through the season. Probably would have spent over £100 ultimately, but now they've pissed me off I'm making a point of not spending another penny this season.

I know many season ticket holders (some who spend far more than I do) with the same attitude.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 23-07-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 27-07-2019, 05:43 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
So apart from being ‘Gold’, will there be any other duplicitous ways to watch this afternoon?

Can’t see Donkey having it somehow.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 28-07-2019, 11:06 AM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I'm with you Steve.

I would have paid a couple of quid for each game had that simply been the choice. Its the whole membership thing when I've got a season ticket worth hundreds of pounds (every year for god knows how long) that irritates the crap out of me.

They've shot themselves in the foot big time though, normally I would have gone to 2 or 3 friendlies and bought a selection of merchandise through the season. Probably would have spent over £100 ultimately, but now they've pissed me off I'm making a point of not spending another penny this season.

I know many season ticket holders (some who spend far more than I do) with the same attitude.
I know a fan who was pxxxxx off when he couldnt watch u23s without membership so he stopped going in bar before game his little protest think club should have at least offered st holders half price membership if they dont think there st price is not enough to give them free membership .
Old 29-07-2019, 08:29 PM

BollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm a lifelong fan of Tarantino films. But I can't believe the price of going to see Once Upon A Time at the cinema, they're taking the piss. Why should I pay £20+ when I can wait for the DVD? But then the DVD costs £14.99. £14.99! are they taking the piss? I'm not paying that. Not when I can wait a year or two and watch it for free on the Channel 4

******* hell people, things cost. Why shouldn't they? Why should you get something for nothing?

Get over it. Or, even better get a job that allows you to live the life you think you should.
Old 29-07-2019, 08:35 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Is the club streaming the game against Wimbledon?
Old 30-07-2019, 04:09 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
We actually had one of the owners posting on here and answering everyone’s questions. Unsurprisingly the BBS ****ed that up
I am surprised you believe that...

My memory is much clearer.

Steve may well have got worn down over the months by inane requests on the BBS...but I remember exactly when he stopped posting.

It was the day Pulis jumped ship. The BBS was in meltdown. Steve must have thought > feck this, I am not staying around to handle this....

I cant blame him, but lets not rewrite history and blame it on the BBS.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:50 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I am surprised you believe that...

My memory is much clearer.

Steve may well have got worn down over the months by inane requests on the BBS...but I remember exactly when he stopped posting.

It was the day Pulis jumped ship. The BBS was in meltdown. Steve must have thought > feck this, I am not staying around to handle this....

I cant blame him, but lets not rewrite history and blame it on the BBS.
Im not re-writing anything Pete.

It might surprise you that, after Tony Pulis left in August 2015, Steve still made another 750+ posts as CPFC2010.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 30-07-2019 at 05:10 AM.
Old 14-10-2019, 01:27 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I got the gold membership in the end.

Was watching the first half of the U23s game against Watford okay, now it's asking me to pay £3 to watch the second half. The stream is a bloke standing on the halfway line jerkily moving the camera about and reaching his hand in front of the camera every now and again to adjust the zoom.

Hopefully the membership will come in handy at some point for getting tickets, the stream thing isn't remotely worth it.

Werner Herzog
Old 14-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tried to log on when I got home, demanded £3. Normally support the club but this sort of thing is a joke.