Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentishEagle View Post
Wow.... getting the excuses in very early
I'm not in the HF ???!!! I was merely trying, in a light-hearted way, to predict the meltdown that this thread may become later.

I'm sure the HF will make lots of noise, but from past experience there will be people on here saying that they couldn't hear them or that they weren't loud enough.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
I am very much in your camp but can I have some of what you are on. Read all your post and was waiting for the sarcastic comment at the end like Twitter/Facebook.
Well it's all true. Going to the game today with a negative mindset is going to mean you have a pretty shitty day unless we knock it out the park and even then the early part will be mired in negativity. No thanks. I have to confess I am on holiday so maybe I'd feel some more doom otherwise, but still excited and will be watching.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:28 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It had better be good or I will drop something on them from my enforced seat in the UH.

That is a joke BTW.....
Old 10-08-2019, 08:28 AM
Part Time Football Agent

Silks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSilks&Tekkers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Tone View Post
In all the 'excitment' regarding the transfer window I've not seen much discussion regarding the impending launch of our new singing section. Is it going to blow Everton away or be a damp squib? No display for the inaugural game?
For those in the section, I can assure you plans are in place.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:29 AM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I shall be very (and hopefully) surprised if it is anything other than a damp squib.

Has to be a work in progress.
Well in this weather I reckon you'll be right, assume that the winds will stop any potential flags and banner displays as well?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:33 AM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
COYP
First game, first 3 points please.
I have sent 2 able assistants to make a lot of noise today as my son and I are at a wedding.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:43 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
If you didnít read the bbs youíd be excused for not having any idea this was happening today. Nothing from the club about it on the official site. No rallying call on social media that I can see. Very happy to distance themselves from it after the rather shambolic way they handled it.

The one thatís guaranteed is that there will be constant noise and support from the 400 behind the goal. Iíve no doubt that there will be discussions about acoustics, the noise not being heard in other parts of the ground, flags, the repetitive nature of songs etc after the game. But to echo the words of others, if you enjoy a good atmosphere and want the team to feel supported and valued, donít just leave it to the hf, the Arthur, to the person sitting next to you. 400 people alone canít raise the roof. Get involved, sing and cheer them on, engage our backs to the wall south London mentality.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:43 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Will make Jack shit difference.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:54 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Will make Jack shit difference.
You might be right. But if there is a morgue like atmosphere the fault won’t lie with those that do sing or those that are trying to be positive and proactive.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Not sure Everton fans can mock any set of fans about atmosphere. Goodison park, lol
Absolutely, probably the worst in the PL. More so than Arsenal
Old 10-08-2019, 09:03 AM

St.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I'm not in the HF ???!!! I was merely trying, in a light-hearted way, to predict the meltdown that this thread may become later.

I'm sure the HF will make lots of noise, but from past experience there will be people on here saying that they couldn't hear them or that they weren't loud enough.
Not sure it will make much difference to the atmosphere, it will be good if the team play well.

The HF will be seen though which is what they want.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:10 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Francois View Post
Not sure it will make much difference to the atmosphere, it will be good if the team play well.

The HF will be seen though which is what they want.
The problem is the cameras will be pointing at Block B whenever they want a crowd shot.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 10-08-2019, 09:17 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So did anyone on here apply and get accepted to the singing section. If you did, was there any criteria you had to fulfil? There seems nothing on the Holmesdale fanatic twitter page. This needs to be a success.

We all need a lift, I am just about to start my 2-hour trip to the prematch pub and feeling very disillusioned with the club. I can never recall feeling like this for the opening game of any season.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Sledger View Post
Let's not leave the duty of vocal support to 400 people, Selhurst is at its best when we're all in it together, Roy Hodgson's red and blue army! I've got a good feeling we might get some of that fighting spirit back this season, South London Vs everyone else.
With the HF not getting what they wanted and ďtaking their ball homeĒ until they got what they wanted, long staying loyal season tickets got moved therefore the HF have to take responsibility along with Parish to make this happen.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 10-08-2019, 10:01 AM

BollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBollockyBill came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentishEagle View Post
Wow.... getting the excuses in very early - why wouldnít they be loud?? After all isnít this what they wanted to be an Ultra group right behind the goal?

Surely there canít now be any excuses from the HF they need to deliver the atmosphere they promised so let see it.....
Whooosh. Well that post went why over your head thinko.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:10 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
I feel itís going to be a muted atmosphere today, doesnít seem to be as much excitement and enthusiasm as usual. The moaning will come quickly if we concede. Personally the start of the season is feeling a bit meh for me, hopefully a good performance will get everyone going again.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
The problem is the cameras will be pointing at Block B whenever they want a crowd shot.
And why is that a problem?
Old 10-08-2019, 10:15 AM

Free Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
And why is that a problem?
He probably means those who have taken the HF seats in Block B are probably going to be new fans/neutrals/tourists etc so will be a bit strange, but who cares about the cameras anyway.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:16 AM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BollockyBill View Post
Whooosh. Well that post went why over your head thinko.
Wait everyone ..... I think William is trying to communicate.

Use your words little man
Old 10-08-2019, 10:19 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Well, whether your glass is half full or half empty - I hope you didn't pay £5.50 for it...