Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Solid today. But if/when he gets fitter there’s clearly a player there.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Lee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betrayLee B is like ice, their footing does betray
Thought that he was excellent today. Very calm on the ball. Reminiscent of Cabaye at times.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Liked the look of him, assured and confident on the ball. Bit of presence too. Intelligent player in midfield shocker!!!
Old 05-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Played well. Looked shattered when he was subbed, but the 80 minutes will hopefully do him the world of good.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:58 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked solid PL player. Shrewd signing it seems.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He and Cahill are Roy type players. One can see why. They have experience, great organizers and can do what needs to be done expediently. Thought McCarthy’s shot was excellent. Liked the fact that he tried to score like that. We need shooters. Very few available. Roy is so shrewd. James McCarthy is a versatile midfielder and it is in midfield Palace totally outclassed Wham today.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Probationary User

Jw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Looked like a more competent version of McArthur but with a lot of venom going forward. Need him starting IMO
Old 05-10-2019, 09:47 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw9 View Post
Looked like a more competent version of McArthur but with a lot of venom going forward. Need him starting IMO

Very unfair on McArthur who I personally thought was MOTM today.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:48 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Him and McArthur were excellent I thought. The central midfield 3 won the game for us.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:49 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace View Post
Him and McArthur were excellent I thought. The central midfield 3 won the game for us.
Yep. McCarthy a lot more forward thinking than I remembered him being
Old 05-10-2019, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Needed to see him start a PL games to see what we've got and certainly looked useful today. Didn't really miss Luka today - even from the spot.
I think there is a genuine decision for Roy to make. Being Manchester City next we play a different system of course.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:58 PM
19 years for 4,075 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
Played well. Looked shattered when he was subbed, but the 80 minutes will hopefully do him the world of good.
Agreed but he had tired a before that...probably should have come off 15 mins prior to when he did.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace View Post
I agree. Won everything in the middle and totally nullified WHU.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Needed to see him start a PL games to see what we've got and certainly looked useful today. Didn't really miss Luka today - even from the spot.
I think there is a genuine decision for Roy to make. Being Manchester City next we play a different system of course.
Our midfield certainly is a tough one.

For the City game, can't help but feel we need Luka but then again I honestly don't think he forms part of our best 11 right now!

McCarthy definitely should play.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We still look better with Luka.
He was ok but he needs games.
We still look better with Andros in the team, width and pace.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:56 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
We still look better with Luka.
He was ok but he needs games.
We still look better with Andros in the team, width and pace.
Andros' return to form from the bench at least is a positive. Strength from the bench at last. Hopefully he can get back to his best and force his way back in. I much prefer Wilf on the left.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:06 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Impossible to judge McCarthy until he is really fit but today, admittedly against a side who didn't press too hard, our midfield had an impressive assurance in its build up play. It's nice to know that, at the very least, McCarthy will be an able option for us in midfield. It's starting to look as if the £11-12M we spent on Cahill, Ayew and McCarthy was very shrewd expenditure, even if not obviously inspiring. If only we had landed a truly pacy striker.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:47 AM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We dominated the midfield today and he started. No coincidence. Definitely not fully fit though. Looks a quality signing and clearly his relationship with Sir Jimmy Mac pays dividends.

Hasn't got an exotic name so is unlikely to be given any credit FYI
Old 06-10-2019, 01:20 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
I know it’s a few years ago but I wonder if it helped that the 2 James’ played together at Hamilton & Wigan?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:29 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Impossible to judge McCarthy until he is really fit but today, admittedly against a side who didn't press too hard, our midfield had an impressive assurance in its build up play. It's nice to know that, at the very least, McCarthy will be an able option for us in midfield. It's starting to look as if the £11-12M we spent on Cahill, Ayew and McCarthy was very shrewd expenditure, even if not obviously inspiring. If only we had landed a truly pacy striker.

Even less than that i think.