Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-08-2019, 05:33 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
I gave up after the first couple of episodes of series 3, really enoyed the first 2 series.
**** me i nearly agree with Little Al, although i carried on watching. Don’t get how people thought series 4 was better than 3. First two excellent.
Old 27-08-2019, 07:16 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Not one of my favourite episodes and yes, the slow mo looking hard group walks is all getting a bit of a pastiche of itself; but still a watchable programme.

I wonder if they intend to take it through to WW2?

Creator Steven Knight wants to finish it in 1939, apparently.
Old 28-08-2019, 06:00 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Just finished watching E2. What the hell was that attempt at a Scottish accent by that Billy Boy???

Have to say, finding this series disappointing and a bit boring so far.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 31-08-2019, 04:58 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
The curse of transitioning from BBC2 cult viewing to BBC1 mainstream seems to be striking a programme again.
More than that, it's going full HBO/Boardwalk Empire for the American market.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:11 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This series is the worse by far. Too much arty stuff and lost the roots of being a street gang.

Each series is set 2 years on from the last and he's finishing at the first air raid siren in Birmingham. This means we have another 4 series so he needs to go back to the early style or it will be utter shyte by the finish.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Just finished watching E2. What the hell was that attempt at a Scottish accent by that Billy Boy???

Me too. And we loved S1 and 2.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Peaky Blinders has become very shouty, very cliched and has very little substance to it anymore. There is no depth to any of the characters, bar Tommy. It is a shame because as several others have said, the first two seasons were fantastic.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Stick with Dowie. Oh dear

Wright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWright+Bright : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Peaky Blinders has become very shouty, very cliched and has very little substance to it anymore. There is no depth to any of the characters, bar Tommy. It is a shame because as several others have said, the first two seasons were fantastic.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s like watching a Guy Richie film now.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I've found the latest season to be ridiculously pretentious and cliched. What was all that shit in the first episode about him shooting the horse and then putting the gun against his own head. Ooooh he is soooo troubled and deep. Bollocks. Ooooh look he is sitting by a fire, how troubled and deep he is. Pile of old wank. And the slo-mo's, and those stupid spouts of flame, blah blah regurgitated rubbish.

I'll still watch it, though

[Edited - current season I am talking about]

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; 10-09-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:14 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Mosley has the touch of Swiss Tony about him.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 10-09-2019, 11:52 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Introducing humour isn't working either. Doesn't suit the vibe and if you're going to insist, at least make it funny. The Billy Boy accent was cringe btw. Can never understand how people who can't pull off an accent get cast in these roles. It's pretty basic shit.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:37 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Someone should do a youtube comp of every Slow Mo 'atmospheric and edgy' walking scenes, to highlight how risible it all is. Over stylised fancy dress party drivel at this point.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:

Was it a Scottish accent? I assumed it was meant to be an Irish accent, albeit belonging to a character based in Glasgow. The only period I was remotely interested in this was when Tom Hardy was featured. Best character in the programme.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Was it a Scottish accent? I assumed it was meant to be an Irish accent, albeit belonging to a character based in Glasgow. The only period I was remotely interested in this was when Tom Hardy was featured. Best character in the programme.
His massively overly hammed-up caricatured 'Cockernee' accent was worse than Jack Wild's Artful Dodger, and Dick Van Dyke's Bert, combined.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:24 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Someone should do a youtube comp of every Slow Mo 'atmospheric and edgy' walking scenes, to highlight how risible it all is. Over stylised fancy dress party drivel at this point.
Add it the slow mos of Polly Gray trying to look all matriarchal. Gets a bit cringe after a while.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Add it the slow mos of Polly Gray trying to look all matriarchal. Gets a bit cringe after a while.
I tasted a little bit of sick during the scene where the pilot is eating her minge while she is SMOKING A FAG.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:30 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Said exactly the same to Mrs Bubbs this morning.

Only get a chance to watch TV online these days, and I know when something is boring me because I keep looking at how many minutes is left to go less than halfway in. Monday’s episode was one of those.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 11-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Said exactly the same to Mrs Bubbs this morning.

Only get a chance to watch TV online these days, and I know when something is boring me because I keep looking at how many minutes is left to go less than halfway in. Monday’s episode was one of those.
I watched the first few episodes of this for the first time t'other week and I was severely unimpressed.
It was trying to be a British mixture of Boardwalk Empire and the one and only Sopranos and in my opinion, failed miserably on both counts.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
His massively overly hammed-up caricatured 'Cockernee' accent was worse than Jack Wild's Artful Dodger, and Dick Van Dyke's Bert, combined.
Which is what made it so entertaining. Doesn't he do the same voice in everything he does - Bronson and that Krays movie?
Old 17-09-2019, 09:44 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Peaky Blinders

5 episodes in- the Mosley/ Billy Boys story arc is fine, but the slow mo camera is starting to grate & the endlessly angry Arthur is becoming wearying. It feels like I’ve spent enough time with these people.Might jack it in after this series.