Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM

Ajedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Drum in the Arthur

I am the bloke with the drum from the Arthur yesterday and would
ask you to read this and give it some thought...

I have supported the club since the late 70s and go to every home
and nearly all away games (8000 points) I have stood at the back of
Block W for years and have noticed a massive decline in the atmosphere, especially the last few as we seem to be overtaken by
day trippers, tourists and at times away fans. I was really disappointed
at the Everton game, that by moving the HF/Singing section the link with theArthur has been lost and definitely from the back of Blocks V W & X we can now longer see them or hear what they are singing, resulting in the Arthur being quieter than ever, all we can hear now are the away fans.

Rather than moan & lose the atmosphere altogether I decided to try & do something about it. I originally put the idea of a drum in the Arthur to Steve Parish in Switzerland during pre season and he was very positive, so on Tuesday at the Colchester game I asked again & have been given permission to give it a try.

My idea is NOT to bang it continuously but ONLY if & when a chant
has started to try to increase it & spread it along the Arthur, I
acknowledge it didn’t quite work in the first half but improved in
the second & is definitely a work in progress.
Again as it is difficult to see & hear the new SS, encouraged by others
around me we started our own songs, this really seemed to get things
going - and who’s says we have to sing the same as the Holmesdale
we never have before !
I also tried moving around so no one area has to suffer continuously
as I know it’s loud and irritating to some (I also chose the smallest drum.)
As for timing issues, let’s face it, that’s always happened between
stands, in fact we don’t all keep in time when Glad All Over is played
over the tannoy.
I am sick of hearing the away fans sing “ Where’s your famous atmosphere “ & am trying to get the Arthur involved again rather
than do nothing. On Saturday I only had one negative comment to
my face & when leaving had loads of people come over and say well
done.

I intend to try & give it a go & would really appreciate your support,
if it fails at least I can say I tried.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
I would prefer you left it at home

Drove me (and many others near me) around the bend

I'm in row 11, and it was ridiculously loud even there
Old 01-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
This will only work if your wear a big foam finger, who r ya t-shirt and and a red n blue curly wig
Old 01-09-2019, 02:38 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really enjoyed it
Keep up the good work
Old 01-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Thank god I'm on the other side of the stadium the drum from the fanatics is bad enough!

As I say I'm far away enough though so good luck
Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM

dougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would love a vuvuzuela Section. Would really add a different vibe and variety .
Old 01-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I could bring my clarinet to the Whitehorse if that helps?

Cricket wanker.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post

I was pretty deadly on a recorder back in Primary school. Know a proper nawty **** who’s nifty with a triangle too.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:52 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajedman View Post

I have supported the club since the late 70s and go to every home
and nearly all away games (8000 points) I have stood at the back of
Block W for years and have noticed a massive decline in the atmosphere, especially the last few as we seem to be overtaken by
day trippers, tourists and at times away fans. I was really disappointed
at the Everton game, that by moving the HF/Singing section the link with theArthur has been lost and definitely from the back of Blocks V W & X we can now longer see them or hear what they are singing, resulting in the Arthur being quieter than ever, all we can hear now are the away fans.

Rather than moan & lose the atmosphere altogether I decided to try & do something about it. I originally put the idea of a drum in the Arthur to Steve Parish in Switzerland during pre season and he was very positive, so on Tuesday at the Colchester game I asked again & have been given permission to give it a try.

My idea is NOT to bang it continuously but ONLY if & when a chant
has started to try to increase it & spread it along the Arthur, I
acknowledge it didn’t quite work in the first half but improved in
the second & is definitely a work in progress.
Again as it is difficult to see & hear the new SS, encouraged by others
around me we started our own songs, this really seemed to get things
going - and who’s says we have to sing the same as the Holmesdale
we never have before !
I also tried moving around so no one area has to suffer continuously
as I know it’s loud and irritating to some (I also chose the smallest drum.)
As for timing issues, let’s face it, that’s always happened between
stands, in fact we don’t all keep in time when Glad All Over is played
over the tannoy.
I am sick of hearing the away fans sing “ Where’s your famous atmosphere “ & am trying to get the Arthur involved again rather
than do nothing. On Saturday I only had one negative comment to
my face & when leaving had loads of people come over and say well
done.

Good lad .. Nice to see and hear of other fans doing their bit . The HF. are not the only ones capable of rousing up some noise . We are all in this together through thick and thin , and its not all about them . so keep it up fella , the arthur is pretty loud when they all get going so it can only be a positive .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 01-09-2019, 02:53 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Good work fella. I was critical in the first half because it seemed the extra noise was making it even harder to follow whatever songs were in progress. But I think we noticed you less in the second half, which probably means you were keeping it nice and simple and just adding to chants, rather than trying to lead.

In the interests of re-establishing that important link with the HF, I suspect your best bet is to position yourself nearer the front so you can see what they're doing and try to get the AW singing along. I also think it's essential to stick to the basic beat rather than try to emulate what the SS are doing. The timing issues due to distance already make it hard to keep in time. Complicated rhythms are only likely to make that worse.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:07 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So typical , a bloke comes on here trying to get something going only to be slagged off and people taking the piss.

Drums are not everyone's thing obviously, but if people have moved from the Arthur to the new SS kudos to some who try. Hopefully a few will gather round and something will get going
Old 01-09-2019, 04:21 PM
SE26

The Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Sniper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ha why the hell do we need 2 drums in different stands singing different chants? Sounded a mess and out of time from block C, as others were saying around me.

Respect for trying, but not sure if you're helping.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's not a bad idea but you might be better off in block A or B, effectively the HF's old spot (but position yourself as close to the Arthur as possible).

You will get more traction with people who were used to the HF being there and will be more likely to join in. This would result in noise spreading to the Arthur anyway as it did before, without particularly annoying anyone more than it did before. Plus, there will be fewer timing issues.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajedman View Post
…………..

Personally I thought it worked quite well and seemed to me to an extent at least got the Holmesdale going.

I doubt if you'll ever get everyone in time unless you have the words on the big screen with a dot moving above the words.

Keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sniper View Post
Ha why the hell do we need 2 drums in different stands singing different chants? Sounded a mess and out of time from block C, as others were saying around me.

This.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Congrats on all your Parish points, you’re quite the fan.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Well done, the prefect man to start a wind section.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:43 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sniper View Post

Absolutely, just let the fanatics do their thing without a poor copy of it, a couple of times yesterday the chants were spreading round the stadium only to be ruined by the Arthur drum which was doing something else, theyve gone to all this trouble to set up a section in block e, let them crack on with it
Old 01-09-2019, 04:46 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Well done, the prefect man to start a wind section.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Good on you mate, at least your trying to do something.