Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:53 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajedman View Post
I am the bloke with the drum from the Arthur yesterday and would
ask you to read this and give it some thought...

I have supported the club since the late 70s and go to every home
and nearly all away games (8000 points) I have stood at the back of
Block W for years and have noticed a massive decline in the atmosphere, especially the last few as we seem to be overtaken by
day trippers, tourists and at times away fans. I was really disappointed
at the Everton game, that by moving the HF/Singing section the link with theArthur has been lost and definitely from the back of Blocks V W & X we can now longer see them or hear what they are singing, resulting in the Arthur being quieter than ever, all we can hear now are the away fans.

Rather than moan & lose the atmosphere altogether I decided to try & do something about it. I originally put the idea of a drum in the Arthur to Steve Parish in Switzerland during pre season and he was very positive, so on Tuesday at the Colchester game I asked again & have been given permission to give it a try.

My idea is NOT to bang it continuously but ONLY if & when a chant
has started to try to increase it & spread it along the Arthur, I
acknowledge it didn’t quite work in the first half but improved in
the second & is definitely a work in progress.
Again as it is difficult to see & hear the new SS, encouraged by others
around me we started our own songs, this really seemed to get things
going - and who’s says we have to sing the same as the Holmesdale
we never have before !
I also tried moving around so no one area has to suffer continuously
as I know it’s loud and irritating to some (I also chose the smallest drum.)
As for timing issues, let’s face it, that’s always happened between
stands, in fact we don’t all keep in time when Glad All Over is played
over the tannoy.
I am sick of hearing the away fans sing “ Where’s your famous atmosphere “ & am trying to get the Arthur involved again rather
than do nothing. On Saturday I only had one negative comment to
my face & when leaving had loads of people come over and say well
done.

I intend to try & give it a go & would really appreciate your support,
if it fails at least I can say I tried.
Well done for being proactive and making an effort. The singing section and attempts to dramatically improve atmosphere throughout the ground is a work in progress. The early signs are that it has led to an initial improvement in atmosphere but if we are going to see a really dramatic improvement we need to find a way of getting all the stands involved. This can start with finding ways to maintain the link between holmesdale and Arthur. The obvious way for this to happen is if blocks d to a pick up on block e chants I guess? When lots of people in all stands sing WLY it’s great, but do we really have to wait until we score before joining in? Maybe an additional drum (or clarinet) will help or maybe it will cause confusion?

One slight contradiction is that you say the Arthur don’t always sing the same songs as the holmesdale. If this is the case not hearing the chants from block w should make too much difference as they can start their own.

Last edited by teesdale99; 01-09-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
As you say mate we now can't hear the HF or their drum any more, but the Arthur Block V are notorious for signing out of time with the Holmesdale and their drum always helped. So if we have a drum that helps singing in the Arthur and when we join in with the HF all the better. I spoke to you at half time and wished you luck.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:55 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
The Glitter Band had two drummers.

Never did them any harm.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:59 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sniper View Post
Ha why the hell do we need 2 drums in different stands singing different chants? Sounded a mess and out of time from block C, as others were saying around me.

Respect for trying, but not sure if you're helping.
Not trying to be an us and them but the Arthur has always done it's own thing, singing in reaction the the game and the away fans along with joining in with Holmesdale. So two drums are not going to cause a problem. It was the Arthur drum you could hear on the TV.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:05 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
It was loud and weird, but if it helps I’ll get used to it and support it. Just one request though, please keep it to a simple beat and not all the fancy stuff, found that quite distracting.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Free Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFree Balls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can understand an ultras group of young lads leading the Holmesdale having a drum, but a random old boy bashing his drum in a different stand just all looks a bit 'barmy army' to me.

Always liked the AW as it had an old school feel to the support, but not sure why he wants to turn it into a weird copy of the HF.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:06 PM

Matadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatadam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajedman View Post
I am the bloke with the drum from the Arthur yesterday and would
ask you to read this and give it some thought...

I have supported the club since the late 70s and go to every home
and nearly all away games (8000 points) I have stood at the back of
Block W for years and have noticed a massive decline in the atmosphere, especially the last few as we seem to be overtaken by
day trippers, tourists and at times away fans. I was really disappointed
at the Everton game, that by moving the HF/Singing section the link with theArthur has been lost and definitely from the back of Blocks V W & X we can now longer see them or hear what they are singing, resulting in the Arthur being quieter than ever, all we can hear now are the away fans.

Rather than moan & lose the atmosphere altogether I decided to try & do something about it. I originally put the idea of a drum in the Arthur to Steve Parish in Switzerland during pre season and he was very positive, so on Tuesday at the Colchester game I asked again & have been given permission to give it a try.

My idea is NOT to bang it continuously but ONLY if & when a chant
has started to try to increase it & spread it along the Arthur, I
acknowledge it didn’t quite work in the first half but improved in
the second & is definitely a work in progress.
Again as it is difficult to see & hear the new SS, encouraged by others
around me we started our own songs, this really seemed to get things
going - and who’s says we have to sing the same as the Holmesdale
we never have before !
I also tried moving around so no one area has to suffer continuously
as I know it’s loud and irritating to some (I also chose the smallest drum.)
As for timing issues, let’s face it, that’s always happened between
stands, in fact we don’t all keep in time when Glad All Over is played
over the tannoy.
I am sick of hearing the away fans sing “ Where’s your famous atmosphere “ & am trying to get the Arthur involved again rather
than do nothing. On Saturday I only had one negative comment to
my face & when leaving had loads of people come over and say well
done.

I intend to try & give it a go & would really appreciate your support,
if it fails at least I can say I tried.
Whilst I admit it did improve the atmosphere at times, other times I couldn’t hear myself think and I am in row 24. It drove my 87 year old dad nuts as he sits just in front of the walkway. Not sure he was a fan of you wandering about.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:11 PM

Simon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimon Sledger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Drum in the arthur as well now? Leave it out! We can clap with our hands too you know!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:23 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
I'm all for it from 6000 miles away.

Could you possibly find out where Maz sits and occupy the seat behind him.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:25 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Balls View Post
I can understand an ultras group of young lads leading the Holmesdale having a drum, but a random old boy bashing his drum in a different stand just all looks a bit 'barmy army' to me.

Always liked the AW as it had an old school feel to the support, but not sure why he wants to turn it into a weird copy of the HF.
I'm glad you said drum.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Well done, the prefect man to start a wind section.
Not bad, not bad at all.

Cricket wanker.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:30 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Good on you. The more lively parts of the ground there are the better.
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post

Never did them any harm.
Anyone want to volunteer and blow a pink oboe?

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:

Good point well made
Old 01-09-2019, 05:34 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
So that’s the LH and AW. Who’s gonna vote to start the next in the MS in the directors box?
Learn and synchronise with the other two and we’ll be onto something. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
So that’s the LH and AW. Who’s gonna vote to start the next in the MS in the directors box?
Learn and synchronise with the other two and we’ll be onto something. Keep up the good work.
Brighty.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Good on anyone who's prepared to put the effort into improving the atmosphere.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:

Never did them any harm.
More like this I reckon.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
I'm all for it from 6000 miles away.

Could you possibly find out where Maz sits and occupy the seat behind him.
Just scan the seats for a Captain Pugwash look alike!

Old 01-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Just look around row 10 ish 3 rd of the way up from the AW corner .... Scan the seats for a Captain Pugwash look alike!