Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:46 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like the idea fair play.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
So typical , a bloke comes on here trying to get something going only to be slagged off and people taking the piss.

Drums are not everyone's thing obviously, but if people have moved from the Arthur to the new SS kudos to some who try. Hopefully a few will gather round and something will get going
Agreed. I recall going into the Arthur for 1 match with Gosling to start atmosphere, vs Sheffield Utd, years back and we sung all game often alone. But it started the AWM at least. This effort is to be applauded and if anything the OP should form a group of singers to 'work' with. There are enough.

Last edited by Spindle; 01-09-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
There was a drum in Block Z last year. We had quite a decent atmosphere down there in the corner.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
There was a drum in Block Z last year. We had quite a decent atmosphere down there in the corner.
I've moved out of Z row 9 to U block row 6 this year after the HF moved .... The move is shocking as most of the AW don't sing and I have to now sit.
The HF move may be good for the lower but it's killed the AW.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Have the club started selling red and blue earplugs yet? Could be a nice little earner
Old 01-09-2019, 06:14 PM

EnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEnglandEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd steer clear of being critical of someone with good intentions. But simply I don't agree that drums are the answer to generating atmosphere. Anything that makes one person or group the focal point of the ownership of the voice of the crowd is exactly the thing that ultimately kills the soul of a stadium. We saw that last year when the HF threw their hissy fit.

As I said I personally don't like drums, I know others do. So I think in the spirit of fairness it seems to make sense to have one in the ground and everyone has had the opportunity to move closer to it if they want to. I choose to be in the back of the AW because it is an experience I want and that includes no drum.

So 10 out of 10 for spirit mate. But 0 out of 10 for making a unilateral and shit decision.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Samba band please.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Mariachi for me.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Stripper's?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
My son is the drummer for Dorking Wanderers (away games only as it pissed off too many people at home games)

He's bloody awful at keeping time, but he's keen. In my experience it makes a massive difference if people join in and sing along. Finding a good spot where people will join in is key. The OP will soon find somewhere where it works. I'd suggest Y or Z are blocks worth trying
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 01-09-2019, 06:48 PM

cpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc Fanatic 19 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fair play mate at least your trying something
Old 01-09-2019, 07:09 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Drum should be for the ultras section and main singing section only.

Lots sit in the AW for a more old school atmosphere rather than the Ultras style Holmesdale.

Also it will interrupt the flow from the Holmesdale which is growing game on game.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:11 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
well done for trying.

A few things about drumming and the drum itself.

Get a low tuned floor tom, don't use standard drum sticks, use mallets with softened ends. You seemed to be hitting it as hard as you could, I would strongly recommend using it as a beating pulse, rather than thumping it so loudly. Be dynamic with it.

It's going to be impossible to connect Arthur and HF with the same song if you play at the same time as the HF sing, you'll go out of time - so avoid doing that all together. Just use it at corners (as you did) for the classic 'clap clap - clap clap clap - clap clap clap clap - Palace!' bit

I think you'd be better position in the block of the Arthur nearest the Holmesdale.

Nice one for trying to improve things. Arthur needs to get it's bite back vocally. Been diluted down over the last few seasons. Losing the HF from B has been another blow.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:17 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Good on you for giving it a go , don’t give up after a few negative comments , give it a few games and you might get a regular bunch of guys join in , the AW can easily make more noise than the lower Holmesdale due to the roof , stick at it , get em rocking ,
Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I actually thought it worked quite well from my seat in row 17 of the AW.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:25 PM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
I was about 20 feet away from you, and thought that by the second half it was working well. Overall a positive addition to the AW atmosphere.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:35 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m anti drums at football, but singing in the Arthur would be louder than singing in LH.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:46 PM

paulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepaulpaulblue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
improved the atmosphere and will get better, well done.
stay at the back of Block W and let like minded fans move to nearby over the course of the season.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:58 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
Drum should be for the ultras section and main singing section only.

Lots sit in the AW for a more old school atmosphere rather than the Ultras style Holmesdale.

Also it will interrupt the flow from the Holmesdale which is growing game on game.
But as I said above we can't hear your drum any more we can't even hear you. So until your song radiates out to the rest of the Holmesdale and across to the Arthur we have no way of joining in.

The back of the Arthur and PTID section all stand and sing and although some of are old school I don't think a drum in the Arthur is a bad thing to keep the whole atmosphere going.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:25 PM

TwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Walking up from Norwood to the ground the area had loads of these stickers everywhere from someone from the AW. Then got to the ground to see some bloke banging a drum over there - this isn't making Palace great again!

All joking aside, fair play for wanting to improve things - all seems a bit ego driven though... announcing on the bbs you're the new drummer, saying how many people were congratulating you etc.