Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:09 AM

bill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is finebill_man is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Yeah keep it up. It was annoying at the start of the game when you seemed to be banging it constantly regardless of when there were chants going but in the second half I thought it worked well. I.e only when chants are going!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
It's not a bad idea but you might be better off in block A or B, effectively the HF's old spot (but position yourself as close to the Arthur as possible).

You will get more traction with people who were used to the HF being there and will be more likely to join in. This would result in noise spreading to the Arthur anyway as it did before, without particularly annoying anyone more than it did before. Plus, there will be fewer timing issues.
That makes a lot of sense.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Ajedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Blimey, I didnít expect such a response. I donít usually post on BBS but
felt it was only fair to give everyone a chance to have their say.
Thank you for all your comments good & bad, from reading them all
hopefully we can work out a middle ground where we improve the atmosphere but not ruin anyone elseís day.

I would just like to say it was never my intention in anyway to set myself
out to be a better fan or leader and am in no way egotistical, in fact
quite the opposite, I was a nervous wreck, full of self doubt and almost
bottled it. I am now glad I didnít and the positive comments after the game and on here have given me a lift that maybe it can work if we get
it right.

Also I admit I had no idea that the drum was so loud and the sound carrying as far until I read the comments on here, I actually thought it
would struggle as itís only a small drum so I was hitting it really hard,
I know now thatís the wrong approach.

Again I am in no way trying to emulate the HF or set up another Ultras
style area, I am exactly what has been pointed out ď an old bloke
with a drumĒ but I would like to try and improve things in the Arthur.
I am very happy to listen to anyone who has any ideas, I have taken
on the points raised on here & will give it another go against Wolves,
anyone who fancies a laugh and feels the same maybe try for seats
in the back of block V W & X, therefore driving out the day trippers who
contribute nothing and us like minded people can bugger it up together ! To anyone who joins in from anywhere else in the Arthur I will truly appreciate any support.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:21 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Did you apply to be in the singing section?
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 02-09-2019, 12:22 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajedman View Post
Blimey, I didnít expect such a response. I donít usually post on BBS but
felt it was only fair to give everyone a chance to have their say.
Thank you for all your comments good & bad, from reading them all
hopefully we can work out a middle ground where we improve the atmosphere but not ruin anyone elseís day.

I would just like to say it was never my intention in anyway to set myself
out to be a better fan or leader and am in no way egotistical, in fact
quite the opposite, I was a nervous wreck, full of self doubt and almost
bottled it. I am now glad I didnít and the positive comments after the game and on here have given me a lift that maybe it can work if we get
it right.

Also I admit I had no idea that the drum was so loud and the sound carrying as far until I read the comments on here, I actually thought it
would struggle as itís only a small drum so I was hitting it really hard,
I know now thatís the wrong approach.

Again I am in no way trying to emulate the HF or set up another Ultras
style area, I am exactly what has been pointed out ď an old bloke
with a drumĒ but I would like to try and improve things in the Arthur.
I am very happy to listen to anyone who has any ideas, I have taken
on the points raised on here & will give it another go against Wolves,
anyone who fancies a laugh and feels the same maybe try for seats
in the back of block V W & X, therefore driving out the day trippers who
contribute nothing and us like minded people can bugger it up together ! To anyone who joins in from anywhere else in the Arthur I will truly appreciate any support.
To the tune of Sloop John B
Old 02-09-2019, 12:23 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Best of luck with it mate. Hopefully it helps those between the singing section and the AW get sustained periods of singing going in unison.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Glazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Well done, the prefect man to start a wind section.

Block Y was a wind section on Saturday. Really dirty smelly farts from some flatulent bastard!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:33 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fair play to you for trying like others have said getting like minded people around you is your best bet
Old 02-09-2019, 01:11 PM

aderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As long as you dont start making demands on the club to evict people from their seats, then keep it going and good luck.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:22 PM

Ajedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAjedman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Did you apply to be in the singing section?
No, I have been in the Arthur for years & want to stay, I also donít feel that
singers should only be limited to a designated area but encouraged where ever
they are.
I do get tickets in the singing sections when arranged at away games and cup games when the Arthur is closed.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:34 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Out of interest, did you talk to the people directly next/behind/in front of you prior to Saturday or did you just rock up with the drum out of the blue?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:35 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I’m pretty useful on the bongos if you need some support.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:37 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I'd love to bring a harmonica to a game and start a chant.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:44 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Iím pretty useful on the bongos if you need some support.
Away with you, you've obviously not heard me on the spoons.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:52 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Iím pretty useful on the bongos if you need some support.
Do you also keep tropical fish in your underpants ?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:54 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderuk1 View Post
As long as you dont start making demands on the club to evict people from their seats, then keep it going and good luck.
The only demand I would have is to get rid of the tourist in V next to W in the back 6 or 7 rows.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:07 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
well done for trying.

A few things about drumming and the drum itself.

Get a low tuned floor tom, don't use standard drum sticks, use mallets with softened ends. You seemed to be hitting it as hard as you could, I would strongly recommend using it as a beating pulse, rather than thumping it so loudly. Be dynamic with it.

It's going to be impossible to connect Arthur and HF with the same song if you play at the same time as the HF sing, you'll go out of time - so avoid doing that all together. Just use it at corners (as you did) for the classic 'clap clap - clap clap clap - clap clap clap clap - Palace!' bit

I think you'd be better position in the block of the Arthur nearest the Holmesdale.

Nice one for trying to improve things. Arthur needs to get it's bite back vocally. Been diluted down over the last few seasons. Losing the HF from B has been another blow.
There you go ^ take this blokes ^ advice and also get yourself an apprentice drummer ( Adam and the Ants had 2 sets of drums and it sounded pretty good) , good luck with it mate
Old 02-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Well done, the prefect man to start a wind section.
No, we don't want a prefect.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:14 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Would love a vuvuzuela Section. Would really add a different vibe and variety .
Pmsl
Old 02-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Eaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
Block Y was a wind section on Saturday. Really dirty smelly farts from some flatulent bastard!
Sorry about that.

Will leave the wife at home next time.