Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:57 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Post Brexit transfer market

Forgive me if there is a thread discussing this somewhere already

I know Parish in the past has spoken about how Brexit would mean we could look at players outside of Europe as more realistic options like South American players being easier to get work permits for, do we know if the club has been scouting much outside of Europe in preparation for the potential of this happening?

If the 31st October does mean we come out of Europe I wonder how this will change the transfer market even as close as the January window?

Be interesting if anyone had any media reports on how post Brexit football might look in the UK as I know Parish has spoken quite optimistically about it.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 12-09-2019, 11:05 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I know Parish in the past has spoken about how Brexit would mean we could look at players outside of Europe as more realistic options like South American players being easier to get work permits for, do we know if the club has been scouting much outside of Europe in preparation for the potential of this happening?
What do you reckon?
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Forgive me if there is a thread discussing this somewhere already

If the 31st October does mean we come out of Europe I wonder how this will change the transfer market even as close as the January window?

Be interesting if anyone had any media reports on how post Brexit football might look in the UK as I know Parish has spoken quite optimistically about it.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:42 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 12-09-2019, 01:52 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let Brexit happen first.
The way you guys are going, you'll delay it till everyone who wanted it is dead.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:47 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Not Premier League but:

The best club around our size for having scouting networks set up around the world are Watford.If it came down to who could get the most South American talent Watford would win hands down.They already have some excellent young talent who they are trying to get work permits for.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:06 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
The best club around our size for having scouting networks set up around the world are Watford.If it came down to who could get the most South American talent Watford would win hands down.They already have some excellent young talent who they are trying to get work permits for.

We are fourth in the PL at the moment. Remind us where Watford are in the table.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I would love it if we signed the best players in South London. Maybe we should start with that? I don't really understand SP's argument about Brexit, to be honest.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:09 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
We are fourth in the PL at the moment. Remind us where Watford are in the table.
They have the best South American scouting network. I'm not sure I suggested that translates into performance in the league. That would be difficult considering they haven't managed to get work permits for any of the South Americans that they have signed.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:52 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
They have the best South American scouting network. I'm not sure I suggested that translates into performance in the league. That would be difficult considering they haven't managed to get work permits for any of the South Americans that they have signed.

So a waste of time and money then.

Parish wants our academy to develop South London talent for Palace and I reckon that's the way to go for us - there is a massive pool of talent waiting to be discovered and developed.

F*ck all around Watford so I guess that's why they need to go further afield.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:03 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Parish wants our academy to develop South London talent for Palace and I reckon that's the way to go for us - there is a massive pool of talent waiting to be discovered and developed.
Quite, South London is probably the biggest hotbed of young talent in Europe after the Paris banliues (where the likes of Mbappe, Pogba, Kante, Martial and our very own Mama Sakho grew up). We really need to start taking full advantage, since as things stand itís not just Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs knicking lots of the best players from our territory, but even the likes of Fulham.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
So a waste of time and money then.

F*ck all around Watford so I guess that's why they need to go further afield.
It won't be a waste of time and money as it's likely to make them a fortune. Everything else you say is spot on but as the post above says we need to start making the most of it.
Old 13-09-2019, 06:27 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Let's hope so.
Old 13-09-2019, 06:32 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Just believe and all will be fine
Old 14-09-2019, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Let's hope so.
Many people think it would make the Prem less equal, not more equal. Without EU membership, European players require a work permit which is based on how many international caps they have. Kante could never have moved to Leicester, and they wouldn’t have the league. Same applies for Thierry Henry to be fair, but it’s obviously less of a problem for the big clubs who can go for the top quality players with lots of international caps.

A perk would be more English players throughout the league though, an argument the FA is trying to push. But at the end of the day it’d be the big clubs with all the fancy foreign talent, and the likes of palace with English players and players from second tier or below international sides like Luka or Ayew. The same as it is now but worse with a bit more Englishness sprinkled in (although Watford’s entire operation would be fvcked, which would amuse me).

Last edited by CP-RJW; 14-09-2019 at 02:42 AM.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:21 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
The important thing for me is that Brexit has far more serious repercussions than how it might affect football.
Old 14-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
The important thing for me is that Brexit has far more serious repercussions than how it might affect football.
Sure, but they’ve been well documented for years, and I’m a bit bored of talking about them