Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
how does monkeypower sound?
I'm in
Old 16-09-2019, 01:22 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
BBSers that spend some 10/15 years of their life posting almost daily on a regular basis and then have a fall out with another poster and jump ship or just flounce for no reason.
Old 16-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1968 View Post
Why Talksport thinks Mr Jordan is an expert on football finance, despite losing £50m.
He probably is, now, learnt the hard way...
Old 16-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
There was also a match where it was raining so hard that Uncle Ron had an announcement broadcast inviting all those getting soaked on the open terraces to move under cover in the AW. And 4000 looked really sparse in a stadium with a 52,000 capacity at that time.
I remember a Boxing Day game at home to Sunderland, which the Police ridiculously decided should kick off at midday. The poor old Sunderland fans travelled down on coaches that left Wearside just after midnight on Christmas Day. Uncle Ron laid on a breakfast for them when they got to Selhurst, after which they stood in the rain in that old away supporters' section between the Arthur and the Holmesdale Road - watched their team lose 2-0 in a fairly dreadful game, given the conditions, and then got on their coaches for the long journey back.
Old 16-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I remember a Boxing Day game at home to Sunderland, which the Police ridiculously decided should kick off at midday. The poor old Sunderland fans travelled down on coaches that left Wearside just after midnight on Christmas Day. Uncle Ron laid on a breakfast for them when they got to Selhurst, after which they stood in the rain in that old away supporters' section between the Arthur and the Holmesdale Road - watched their team lose 2-0 in a fairly dreadful game, given the conditions, and then got on their coaches for the long journey back.
It was actually 2-1, and Sunderland led (through David Rush iirc) for much of the game. (I read later that the reason they played us on Boxing Day was because the fixture list was set before Swindon were denied promotion due to financial irregularities and Sunderland took their place.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-09-2019, 04:08 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
It was actually 2-1, and Sunderland led (through David Rush iirc) for much of the game. (I read later that the reason they played us on Boxing Day was because the fixture list was set before Swindon were denied promotion due to financial irregularities and Sunderland took their place.)
Steve am I right in thinking Geoff Thomas scored late with a looping header? That was bl00dy years ago. Palace faithful gave Sundetland fans an ovation
Old 16-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Steve am I right in thinking Geoff Thomas scored late with a looping header? That was bl00dy years ago. Palace faithful gave Sundetland fans an ovation
I really can't remember. I just remember feeling sorry for the Sunderland fans! My recollection is that we were the better team and deserved the win, but equally our goals came late so they would feel unlucky not to have got something from the match - and especially given the journey and the weather! It was the year we finished 3rd and I think they got relegated, so they were definitely the underdogs.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-09-2019, 04:24 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
3-0 in front of 5,052.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I was there too. In a hissy fit I vowed never to go back to SP.
Old 16-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
I'm in
Hello

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-09-2019, 06:15 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
I was there too. In a hissy fit I vowed never to go back to SP.
Haha exactly the same for me! that's why I remember it.
Old 16-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
That reminds me, I'm sure we had another Sunderland match around the same time, also on Boxing Day which was called off an hour before kick off, me and my Dad had driven from Dover and got to the ground just as they called it off, felt so sorry for the Sunderland fans.

Can anyone confirm that?
Old 16-09-2019, 06:21 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
I'm in
Best stay away from renewable energy for vehicles.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
I stand corrected. I do remember a lot of respect from the Palace fans to the poor old Sunderland fans. (Still doesn't justify the Police's decision.)
Old 16-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Am I imagining it or did we, in one of those Boxing Day Sunderland games give all the Sunderland fans a free breakfast...…….or summink?
Old 16-09-2019, 07:06 PM
You looking at me?

Yes they were as they'd set off at some un Godly hour
Old 16-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Am I imagining it or did we, in one of those Boxing Day Sunderland games give all the Sunderland fans a free breakfast...…….or summink?
Yep, Noades arranged for them to have them free breakfast in Crystals
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 16-09-2019, 08:03 PM

I must be on several Ignore lists !
Old 16-09-2019, 08:09 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
At least they paid us back by letting Darren Powell score in stoppage time, but it took around 20 years for the privelege.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:33 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
That reminds me, I'm sure we had another Sunderland match around the same time, also on Boxing Day which was called off an hour before kick off, me and my Dad had driven from Dover and got to the ground just as they called it off, felt so sorry for the Sunderland fans.

Can anyone confirm that?
Wasn't that a night match possibly in the league cup? I was making my way to the ground straight from work and there were Sunderland on Victoria Station when we heard the match was waterlogged off. We won the replay IIRC which was the last time I ever went in the Whitehorse.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I remember that.

It wasn’t just their fans that were soaked and pissed off.