Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 15-09-2019, 02:43 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Rugby World Cup 2019

Didn't see a thread and its just a few days till KO. Gotta admit I enjoy the odd game but rugby has never really gripped me so if egg chasing fans want to have their own chatter about the games in another thread that's cool I just thought I'd give a shout out to any Palace travelling out here who might have questions about what to do in the land of one of the runners up in WW2, been living here donkeys years, been everywhere and learnt the language (at a snail like pace) so can probably sort your queries out. Tickets too costly for me but will be watching the games in my nearest fanzone area (Kinko Park, Yokohama) if anyone is passing by.
Old 15-09-2019, 06:42 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Can't wait England to make amends for the cock up last time
Was my game I played from 18 until I retired at 40 played for Croydon and my Work side
Old 15-09-2019, 07:05 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I was fairly confident until the All Blacks had such a poor Championship. Still, it's up to every other team to prove they deserve it more.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 15-09-2019, 07:07 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Can't wait, lived in denial in the last world cup which was a shambles.

Hope we do well this time round, semi or final....would be happy with a win, but can't see it
Old 15-09-2019, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Looking forward to it now the Ashes are over.

I've never been the biggest rugby fan but tournament sport is always exciting to watch. Will there be an evening highlights package for when the kids are in bed?
Old 15-09-2019, 09:36 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Interesting rankings here. Based on an ELO system, which isn't ideal as some teams were rotating quite experimental line-ups in the immediate pre-tournament games. Even so, the big bones seem about right to me. To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 15-09-2019, 09:48 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Looking forward to this. Been treated this summer with the nations league, cricket WC, Ashes and now the rugby WC. Gives a bit of light relief from Palace although that will always be my main concern.
Old 17-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Love my international rugby - don’t watch the domestic game much.

Rob Howley been a naughty boy then...on his way home
Old 17-09-2019, 07:10 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
I know very little about rugby- but know getting Russia in the office sweep isnít good as thereís no booby prize.
Old 17-09-2019, 07:12 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
I know very little about rugby- but know getting Russia in the office sweep isnít good as thereís no booby prize.
I think you can safely lob that ticket away pal
Old 17-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Drew ******* Canada in the sweepstakes.
Old 18-09-2019, 05:25 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
If you have yet to see the time lapse video Sapporo dome transmogrify from a baseball stadium to a rugby pitch, it’s well worth a look.

The way the pitch rotated at the end looks a bit like showing off but is’s so they can make the eps I eve baseball seats/boxes (behind home plate) be the expensive rugby seats/boxes (in the half way line).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's why you always need a range of prizes.

Any good puns for a worst team? I'm working on 'Mitsubishi Tea' at the moment but that might be a bit naughty for the office.

Apart from Land of the Rising Scrum, I'm struggling this year.
Old 18-09-2019, 09:26 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
It at least means you give a f*ck about the opening game unlike anybody else outside of Japan or Russia.
Old 18-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Interesting rankings here. Based on an ELO system
I can't get it out of my head
Old 18-09-2019, 11:44 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Love my international rugby - donít watch the domestic game much.
Same. Very difficult to follow domestic rugby as a football fan even if I wanted to. Looking forward to this though. Very open world cup.
Old 18-09-2019, 11:45 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kind of excited, kind of not. The prospect of Japan vs. Russia in any Sporting Capacity does not exactly fill my boots with joy but there we go and Kick-Off times are a bit frustrating however, to be expected I guess.

Pools

Pool A: Ireland, Japan, Russia, Samoa, Scotland
Pool B: Canada, Italy, Namibia, New Zealand, South Africa
Pool C: Argentina, England, France, Tonga, United States
Pool D: Australia, Fiji, Georgia, Uruguay, Wales

Home Nations

England

vs. Tonga - Sunday 22nd September - 11:15am Kick-Off
vs. United States of America - Thursday 26th September - 11:45am Kick-Off
vs. Argentina - Saturday 5th October - 9am Kick-Off
vs. France - Saturday 12th October - 9:15am Kick-Off

Ireland

vs. Scotland - Sunday 22nd September - 8:45am Kick-Off
vs. Japan - Saturday 28th September - 8:15am Kick-Off
vs. Russia - Thursday 3rd October - 11:15am Kick-Off
vs. Samoa - Saturday 12th October - 11:45am Kick-Off

Scotland

vs. Ireland - Sunday 22nd September - 8:45am Kick-Off
vs. Samoa - Monday 30th September - 11:15am Kick-Off
vs. Russia - Wednesday 9th October - 8:15am Kick-Off
vs. Japan - Sunday 13th October - 11:45am Kick-Off

Wales

vs. Georgia - Monday 23rd September - 11:15am Kick-Off
vs. Australia - Sunday 29th September - 8:45am Kick-Off
vs. Fiji - Wednesday 9th October - 10:45am Kick-Off
vs. Uruguay - Sunday 13th October - 9:15am Kick-Off

Quarter-Finals

QF1 - C1 vs. D2 - you would imagine England vs. Fiji or Wales.
QF2 - B1 vs. A2 - you would imagine New Zealand vs. Japan or Scotland
QF3 - D1 vs. C2 - you would imagine Australia vs. Argentina or France
QF4 - A1 vs. B2 - you would imagine Ireland vs. South Africa

Semi-Finals

QF1 vs. QF2 - I guess England v. New Zealand (but hopefully Japan or Scotland)
QF3 vs. QF4 - I guess Australia v. Ireland

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Interesting rankings here. Based on an ELO system, which isn't ideal as some teams were rotating quite experimental line-ups in the immediate pre-tournament games. Even so, the big bones seem about right to me. To view the link you have to Register or Login
ELO ratings are basically blue sky thinking, no?
Old 18-09-2019, 05:26 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
The kick off times are going to need careful management. Not sure I have ever watched a rugby match, either live or on tv, without a constant stream of Guinness...
Old 18-09-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
The kick off times are going to need careful management. Not sure I have ever watched a rugby match, either live or on tv, without a constant stream of Guinness...
Yes

A shame the Argie and French games arenít the 11.15 / 11.45 KO.