Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
What would you do for a political point.
Apparently you take a single isolated short comment which was redacted and apologised for straight away, and then twist a thread about the wrongdoings of tabloid papers by comparing it to a litany of continuous and utterly horrendous disgusting behaviour by evil rags such as The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Express etc.

Well done - now let's wait for the, "they're all as bad as each other" neanderthals to follow your lead...
Old 19-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Then we have the Guardian having a poke at David Caeron about the death of his disabled 6 year old son. Not sure how low you can get. Even if you disagree with their politics or how wealthy someone is using their kids to attck them is completely wrong.
Cameron is a ****, but the Guardian were totally out of line for publishing that comment.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Cameron is a ****, but the Guardian were totally out of line for publishing that comment.
The issue was with two words. But there is no doubt that it massively rankles me to see that odious c*** 'bigging up' the NHS when he has personally overseen such extensive decimation and inflicted such misery on so many people. What a hypocritical scumbag.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
The issue was with two words. But there is no doubt that it massively rankles me to see that odious c*** 'bigging up' the NHS when he has personally overseen such extensive decimation and inflicted such misery on so many people. What a hypocritical scumbag.
Oh I agree. And the Guardian did retract. But nonetheless it was bad to publish in the first place.

That said, The Sun are a different level of scumbagary altogether.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:57 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
It was Ben Stokes who made a big deal of it.
The Streisand effect.
Old 19-09-2019, 09:01 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought the tabloid press always did this to allow the individual to 'tell their own story'

Only difference here that I can see is he has come out and said he was blackmailed - guess they didn't pay him/offer him enough £££ to do that and keep schtum on their dodgy ways
Old 19-09-2019, 02:55 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
They have been trying to give the Sun on Sunday away free at the local garage last few weeks - always amuses me that when they offer it, people refuse. Circulation figures must be abysmal
Old 19-09-2019, 03:41 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
That comment in the Guardian was poor taste (and they have apologised), but are you seriously comparing it to hacking a dead girl’s phone?
Technically Milly Dowler was missing at the time her phone was hacked.

They also were hacking the phones of friends and family of Milly Dowler.

Tabloid news coverage of the murder trial of Levi Bellifield also resulted in one charge of an attempted abduction of another school girl, having to be left on file - as the tabloid press had essentially prejudiced the jury by releasing the story prior to conviction, eliminating any possibility of a fair trial.

The media then blamed the Defence Lawyer for causing additional distress to Milly Dowlers family.
Old 19-09-2019, 03:45 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Apparently you take a single isolated short comment which was redacted and apologised for straight away, and then twist a thread about the wrongdoings of tabloid papers by comparing it to a litany of continuous and utterly horrendous disgusting behaviour by evil rags such as The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Express etc.

Well done - now let's wait for the, "they're all as bad as each other" neanderthals to follow your lead...
The Express is such a s**t rag of a newspaper that i can't imagine who the f**k actually buys or reads it. I get why people might buy The Sun and The Mail, but the Express, makes the Sport look like a quality high brow publication.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Express.
Old 19-09-2019, 03:58 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
The Express is such a s**t rag of a newspaper that i can't imagine who the f**k actually buys or reads it. I get why people might buy The Sun and The Mail, but the Express, makes the Sport look like a quality high brow publication.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Express.
I've said this before, but I've never met anyone who reads the Express.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
I always thought readers of the Express were people who thought the Daily Mail was just a bit too edgy.
Old 19-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I've said this before, but I've never met anyone who reads the Express.
If I want to read about full and utter European capitulation to the UK with a deal of whatever the UK wants just around the corner plus a meteorite will hit the earth in the near future thats the newspaper where I go to get that sort of stuff..
Old 19-09-2019, 09:27 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I never knew anyone who read The Star until my mother started dating someone who did.
Old 19-09-2019, 09:56 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
If I want to read about full and utter European capitulation to the UK with a deal of whatever the UK wants just around the corner plus a meteorite will hit the earth in the near future thats the newspaper where I go to get that sort of stuff..

Don’t they also do Princess Diana conspiracy theory stories?
Old 20-09-2019, 01:14 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have alway thought the following was pretty accurate as well as being a classic of British sitcom.

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey:: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
Old 20-09-2019, 05:52 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Don’t they also do Princess Diana conspiracy theory stories?
I saw a folded copy recently (just last week) and joked to someone that they'd be talking about Princess Diana on it still. Opened the paper and too left hand corner was a picture of Diana and an article talking about Megan and her.
Old 20-09-2019, 05:53 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Did you forget to mention that they're also as thick as shit?
The people who produce the paper arent thick as shit, that's the sad thing.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:32 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Maybe but when you look at the digital figures you’ll see the likes of the sun are read by 30 odd million uk adults a month - way more than you ever got in the print newspaper.

Arguably the influence of news titles is at its peak at the moment.
Those figures are correct but also extremely misleading as they include all visitors to Dream Team, Sun Bingo and Sun Bets as well as The Sun itself.

According to a Sun spokesperson:-

Dream Team, Bingo, Sun Bets – are part of the Sun’s online DNA and part of the entire brand.

According to anyone else it is a cynical attempt to manipulate their figures to make them seem more popular than they are

Anyway now they are not behind a paywall I have been known to pick up the odd football story from there but I would hardly say I am a Sun reader. That 30m covers anyone who has clicked on any of their sites during the month no matter how long they stayed or how many things they looked at.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 20-09-2019, 07:29 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Do people still class themselves as specific newspaper readers? Surely with the internet, almost everyone is a Sun reader, as the aforementioned figures show. Whether it be via a facebook post, snapchat story, twitter sports feed, normally once a week I will click on a story that will take me to The Sun's website. Wouldn't class myself as a sun reader though.

Also be inclined to say that internet press has a far greater effect on society than printed press - watch Netflix The Great Hack to show how it has been demonstrated in recent years at the highest level.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:41 AM

Gilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is here