Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
I never knew anyone who read The Star until my mother started dating someone who did.
No one READS the Star.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I have alway thought the following was pretty accurate as well as being a classic of British sitcom.

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey:: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
Old 20-09-2019, 05:51 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Historical scumminess from the Mail

Mind you, The Mirror supported Oswald Mosley briefly too.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:19 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I have alway thought the following was pretty accurate as well as being a classic of British sitcom.

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey:: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
The saying used to be that the Telegraph was read by the people that used to run the country.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:28 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post

Mind you, The Mirror supported Oswald Mosley briefly too.

Lord Rothermere also owned the Mirror for a while.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:50 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Lord Rothermere also owned the Mirror for a while.

That’s right. Gradually sold it off as the Mail was more profitable at the time(1930s).
Mirror didn’t really become a Labour paper though till much later.
Old 21-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
The Express is such a s**t rag of a newspaper that i can't imagine who the f**k actually buys or reads it. I get why people might buy The Sun and The Mail, but the Express, makes the Sport look like a quality high brow publication.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Express.
I have to step in.

I worked at The Express for a year and I'd just like to confirm it's a pile of wank.

Funnily enough in the same building was the Daily Star who employed about a 1/3 of The Express but outsold them. They were quite funny, a bunch of hardened hacks who'd seen it all and were just making a comic and they knew it, job down by lunchtime and down the pub. The Express was full of people so up their own arses you wouldn't believe.

After working there I honestly don't think I ever paid to look at a tabloid again.
Old 21-09-2019, 07:44 PM

radiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree with the comments about the execrable dailies express but it’s views are echoed by the equally execrable talk radio they the sun mail telegraph etc are nothing but far right propaganda sheets Was in London yesterday great atmosphere great speech by Jeremy and they all sung for him was that reported oh no. These kids are misguided they should have been at school, discipline the teachers blah blah at the same time twodinosaurs trump and the Aussie pm met to agree to more fossil based mining and fracking both heavily supported by vile scumbag murdoch
Old 21-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Old 21-09-2019, 07:58 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Yep, that about sums it up nicely.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 21-09-2019, 08:39 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
It worries me that as a nation we seem to tolerate these acts. Yes, there’s condemnation but little action. Putting our faux tribal hatred of ‘Scousers’ to one side, I can only admire them that so many boycotted The Sun after the disgusting lies they spread about Hillsborough. Why did the rest of the country not come out in support with them?

Some of the utter tripe I see on the front pages of the like of that paper, The Mail, Express and Telegraph recently is actually very concerning when you look at the absolute mess we are in as a country. You only have to listen to talk radio stations or read these boards to realise some fall for their malicious and prejudice bulls*it hook line and sinker.
The other way to look at it is that the media also sell back our tribal prejudices to us. The misinformation, partizan coverage and character assassination going on is a chicken and egg situation between media and the public behaviour. There's just no fair play in debate anymore, anywhere.
Old 21-09-2019, 09:36 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbo View Post
Another reason Superman is the greatest.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 21-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
No one READS the Star.
The Star is for those who find The Sun a bit of an intellectual challenge.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I have to step in.

I worked at The Express for a year and I'd just like to confirm it's a pile of wank.

Funnily enough in the same building was the Daily Star who employed about a 1/3 of The Express but outsold them. They were quite funny, a bunch of hardened hacks who'd seen it all and were just making a comic and they knew it, job down by lunchtime and down the pub. The Express was full of people so up their own arses you wouldn't believe.

After working there I honestly don't think I ever paid to look at a tabloid again.
Did you get to collect the image back catalogue from the associated magazines like an old boss of mine who used to work there.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:45 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
If you want an idea of the kind of cesspool of humanity that reads the Daily Mail then look at the best rated comments on this story.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-10-2019, 11:26 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
If you want an idea of the kind of cesspool of humanity that reads the Daily Mail then look at the best rated comments on this story.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Seems to be an ongoing vendetta against RNLI from earlier this year.

Pretty sure most those claiming to stop their donations don't donate anyway.