Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-09-2019, 06:03 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Thomas Cook

Could fold this weekend if they don't raise fresh funds. Potentially stranding 150,000 people abroad.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:11 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Would be really sad, I got couple of mates working there. Hope they find some financial backing
Old 20-09-2019, 06:14 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
RBS need to be supportive here.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:29 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Is it due to cheap airlines. Weak pound against Euro or people worried about thier carbon footprint?
Old 20-09-2019, 07:40 PM

bhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Is it due to cheap airlines. Weak pound against Euro or people worried about thier carbon footprint?
Most of that, and a huge debt pile.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not ideal as I have flights to Marrakech booked through them for next year
Old 20-09-2019, 07:52 PM

bhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
Sorry to hear that, but, I should think you’d at least get your money back. Almost certainly so, if you paid by credit card?
Old 20-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm currently reading a book called 'Palace at the Palace' by Peter Manning. To be honest, I'm finding it heavy going, but one of the interesting bits of information it unearthed (for me anyway) was that a big part of the early success of Thomas Cook as a travel agency, was the running of excursions to the Crystal Palace (ie the exhibition building) - some 150,000 people were taken on rail excursions to London in the 1850's by the fledgling company
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 20-09-2019, 08:39 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If it's flights only you're OK I think if you bought ghem in their shop - see if you got an ATOL certificate in the paperwork.

For packages you should get all your money back if they go bust. Just as well; we're supposed to be going to Cyprus with them next month.

If you have a TC gift card use it or cash it in. If you're sitting on that and they go tits up you'll be goosed.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
The airline bit is doing absolutely fine, it’s the holiday bit which is ****ed.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Remember the days when you had to wait at the airport for the coach to take you to the hotel and it stopped at ten other places first? I recall travelling about five miles from Pafos airport to the hotel and it took an hour.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:27 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Don’t they need to raise £200 mill in next few days .
Old 20-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Remember the days when you had to wait at the airport for the coach to take you to the hotel and it stopped at ten other places first? I recall travelling about five miles from Pafos airport to the hotel and it took an hour.
I’m pretty sure that still happens ??
Old 20-09-2019, 09:43 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Correct.

The days of “package holidays” are long gone. I suspect even business travel companies will soon struggle. And they haven’t chartered planes, booked hotel rooms etc. My law firm used Reid and Mackay for our “travel needs”, we got charged £25 for booking train tickets through them. Each way, so an extra £50 for a return, say, to Coventry.

Most of us very quickly stopped using them. We booked our own flights/trains. It is no stress doing so. And much cheaper.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Correct.

The days of “package holidays” are long gone. I suspect even business travel companies will soon struggle. And they haven’t chartered planes, booked hotel rooms etc. My law firm used Reid and Mackay for our “travel needs”, we got charged £25 for booking train tickets through them. Each way, so an extra £50 for a return, say, to Coventry.

Most of us very quickly stopped using them. We booked our own flights/trains. It is no stress doing so. And much cheaper.
100% agree.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb View Post
Sorry to hear that, but, I should think you’d at least get your money back. Almost certainly so, if you paid by credit card?
Yes, I just checked, fortunately I did it through Amex, lets see how things pan out
Old 20-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The natural progression of business
The company has been dead for a long time the lenders would have done everything they can to help.
The market has gone for them.
Old 20-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm in Morocco at the moment. It was actually cheaper to fly business class with Lufthansa than crammed in on Thomas Cook at godawful o'clock. Mind you, I didn't realise TC were so screwed when I booked last week so might have dodged a bullet potentially getting stuck here too
Old 20-09-2019, 10:14 PM

Custard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCustard Pie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
I'm in Morocco at the moment. It was actually cheaper to fly business class with Lufthansa than crammed in on Thomas Cook at godawful o'clock. Mind you, I didn't realise TC were so screwed when I booked last week so might have dodged a bullet potentially getting stuck here too
So happy that you got everything so right. well done - made up for you.
Old 20-09-2019, 10:14 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Weren’t they mid strategic review of the airline and considering offers for it? I thought that was because they were making big losses on the airline side?