Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-09-2019, 02:53 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalianeagle View Post
Weren’t TC bought by Chinese investors some time ago?
Yes, only recently. Don't they own 75% of the airline and 25% of the tour operator now after putting in £900m
Old 21-09-2019, 02:57 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
. And as others have pointed out, the days of people not picking and choosing to get the cheapest in travel are over.
They aren't though are they? Tui, jet2 and TC are the top 3 holiday providers in the UK still. Millions upon millions still buy holidays through package holiday companies and this ratio hasn't changed much over the years. So much so that easyjet holidays are going big in this area. With all the uncertainty at the moment people still see reassurance in package holidays. We love them, especially with a young family. If you're a young couple then it would be different
Old 21-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Yes, only recently. Don't they own 75% of the airline and 25% of the tour operator now after putting in £900m
I thought it was the other way around
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Unnecessary. But thanks.

If a charter style operation is charging more than scheduled but still in the shite then there's something very wrong. And as others have pointed out, the days of people not picking and choosing to get the cheapest in travel are over.
They’re really not you know. In travel, as in many other things, the cheapest is not always the best or most desirable.

People have been depicting the demise of the travel agent for over forty years.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 21-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
They’re really not you know. In travel, as in many other things, the cheapest is not always the best or most desirable.

People have been depicting the demise of the travel agent for over forty years.
In any event I thought that the TC airline was very profitable, I think they also have a deal with the RAF where they lease the converted air tankers at a lower cost don’t they ?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 22-09-2019, 07:19 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
They aren't though are they? Tui, jet2 and TC are the top 3 holiday providers in the UK still. Millions upon millions still buy holidays through package holiday companies and this ratio hasn't changed much over the years. So much so that easyjet holidays are going big in this area. With all the uncertainty at the moment people still see reassurance in package holidays. We love them, especially with a young family. If you're a young couple then it would be different
Whenever I discuss holidays I appear to be in a minority that buy flights and accommodation separately, all inclusive seems to be a big favourite which is surely part of a package, isn't it?
Old 22-09-2019, 07:24 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Whenever I discuss holidays I appear to be in a minority that buy flights and accommodation separately, all inclusive seems to be a big favourite which is surely part of a package, isn't it?
You can purchase all inclusive direct from a hotel or through aggregators like booking.com

I went with TUI this summer and, because of that experience, I will never book a package holiday again. There is no point.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Plenty of online providers offer the option to book apartments where you can choose between Bed and Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board or All Inclusive (and see the variance in price accordingly

The difference between BB and AI can be as little as £20 (each) a day, which is nothing really to a big eater/drinker. Of course these hotels in Spain/Turkey/Balaerics etc can do mass catering, and the booze is so cheap that they can operate and still run profitably

The package holiday companies do well because of the ABTA/ATOL guarantees, the ease of not pissing around putting it together yourself, and that they put all the connections together for you. Doing it yourself, if one element suffers a cancellation there is the potential of a ball-ache. Families with kids like the ease and hassle free nature of packages IMO
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-09-2019, 07:30 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Surely TC are toast even if they get emergency bail out. Given the big publicity about them being on the verge of going bust and hundreds of thousands of people stuck abroad, who is going to book a holiday with them in the next year if they do get the finance? Why take the risk when they could run into financial problems again and you get stuck? Surely reputation is everything in a service industry of this kind.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:30 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
You can purchase all inclusive direct from a hotel or through aggregators like booking.com

I went with TUI this summer and, because of that experience, I will never book a package holiday again. There is no point.
Oh ok.

I haven't booked a package holiday for over 25 years, and it's become so easy to build your own holiday these days.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:34 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Oh ok.

I haven't booked a package holiday for over 25 years, and it's become so easy to build your own holiday these days.
Normally I book everything seperately, but the price I get from TC, foy my January holiday is cheaper than a flight. I do only book a few days before I go though and may lose the holiday if TC's flight is fully booked.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Surely TC are toast even if they get emergency bail out. Given the big publicity about them being on the verge of going bust and hundreds of thousands of people stuck abroad, who is going to book a holiday with them in the next year if they do get the finance? Why take the risk when they could run into financial problems again and you get stuck? Surely reputation is everything in a service industry of this kind.
Tbf TC have very publicly been in the shit for ages and people still booked holidays with them.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Each to their own.

I couldn’t think of anything worse than a hotel full board. One of the main things about a holiday for us is to experience different food in different restaurants. Having a buffet style dinner in a hotel does nothing for me. I can see the attraction of all inclusive if you’ve got very young kids. Some of our very best holidays have been camping ones in France when the kids were young. Fantastic times.

It really isn’t a hassle booking separate nowadays though. Took 20 mins this year when we went to Portugal (we have done it before mind so knew the flights and apartments we wanted) Flights via Skyscanner, apartment via Booking.com, transfers via Yellowfish. Even when we had to change my eldest daughters flight to the following day, it was a 5 min phone call and that was Ryanair!

Just can’t see why I’d ever book a package in Europe to be honest
Old 22-09-2019, 07:57 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Tbf TC have very publicly been in the shit for ages and people still booked holidays with them.
I don’t think to this degree. If you followed business news or the share price then you might have been worried but I’m not sure the general person on the street knew that much. All this talk of hundreds of thousands being stranded is a permanent stain on the business.
Old 22-09-2019, 08:55 AM
it's a city you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
They have you're right, but this is different level. Similar thing happened with monarch a couple of years back. Kept getting last minute extensions and discounting their holidays to get volume, but had ultimately lost customer confidence and they went bust. Same will likely happen here even if they get some funding
Old 22-09-2019, 09:32 AM

cpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had some great package hols when we had a young family although steered clear of alli inclusives as not for us, but some great memories and mostly with TC would be sad to see them go

We do our own thing now but if something goes wrong then you are on your own which i can see puts some people off, had a couple of interesting situations this summer but thankfully had actually booked ourselves onto a TC flight to return from Majorca on the day of the French ATC problems, easyjet were cancelling flights left, right and centre but i guess TC hung in there as the plane was mainly full of package holidaymakers and we made it back only a couple of hours late

Really dont like the way the press keep interviewing people that are worried about their holiday bookings, far more important are the people that are looking to lose their jobs, good luck to them if the worst happens
Old 22-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I like all-inclusive package holidays where they pretty much do everything for you, including the coach to and from the airport, packed lunch from the hotel if you go out for the day and all that, but the prices during the school holidays are a total rip-off, so for the last few years we've done our own thing and booked it all separately ourselves
Couldn’t think of any thing worse
Old 23-09-2019, 02:08 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
DEAD

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Thomas Cook has collapsed after last-minute negotiations aimed at saving the 178-year-old holiday firm failed.

The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said the tour operator has "ceased trading with immediate effect".

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 23-09-2019, 02:24 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Largest peacetime repatriation now underway. Good luck to the Civil Aviation Authority - one hell of a task they face.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/19

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 23-09-2019, 03:19 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In summer 1986, I was going to a few places in Europe by train to go and see Erasure and Depeche Mode (Sweden, France, Denmark). The Thomas Cook train timetable, which was about an inch thick and seemed to have every train service listed wherever you wanted to go, was pretty much my bible for that trip.

It also saved the whole trip from becoming derailed (no pun intended) very early on. I'd seen Erasure at the Hultsfred Festival the night before, stayed in someone's tent, and next morning had to get an early train from there to Malmo, to get the ferry, to get the train I'd booked down to the south of France to see DM. If I missed that first ferry, everything else booked would fall over. I found myself wandering around in some field in the middle of Sweden, completely lost, with no-one else around. I finally found a farmer, and asked where the station was. He was surely the only Swede not to speak a word of English, which in turn was as much Swedish as I could speak. He didn't even get my impression of a train! At which point I suddenly remembered the TC bible, dug it out of the bag, pointed to the back cover which had a picture of a train, and hey presto he then pointed the way.

Anyway, that's the story of how the Thomas Cook Bible saved the day.