Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bringing Food Into The Ground

Mum has been going to Palace for years, we've always brought our own food, normally from the sandwich shop next to the South Norwood Clock Tower in the form of a sandwich as we find the food in the ground unhealthy (pies, burgers et al, not a good idea for people with a family history of heart problems). Today, she was stopped and the stewards tried to take the food away, which was in her bag.

Is this a policy change at Palace, and if so, why? What's the point in the Foundation collaborating with the Obesity charity Foodtalk to help tackle junk foods if you try and force junk foods on fans?

I'm aware this is policy at many PL grounds now and may be for a while, and they're in their rights to. It doesn't make it right in my view. Even more so because it's my mother in Main stand Block J...

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 28-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Always been the policy that you cant take food into the ground. Can take sealed bottles, but thats it.

Been stopped from bringing chips in from outside the ground many times before.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 28-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Seems to vary. When I was stewarding (a few years back now, admittedly) in the Whitehorse, we were always relaxed about the odd sandwich/packet of crisps with the kids, but drew the line at hot food.
Old 28-09-2019, 03:25 PM

Bristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldBristolpalace was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
As a diabetic I find this policy very worrying. If I do not eat I could have a hypoglycemia attack (low blood sugars) and this might be a serious threat to my health. Surely common sense dictates that there must be exceptions?
Old 28-09-2019, 03:57 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Out of interest what's the justification for this?

Safety or just another example of a premier league club trying to rinse its fans of as much money as possible?
Old 28-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Have taken food into many grounds over many years, with last time being the Villa home game last month. Never been stopped.
Old 28-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post

Safety or just another example of a premier league club trying to rinse its fans of as much money as possible?
H&S, risk of allergies...

The money of course but football is hardly unique in that. Tbh, is it that difficult to survive 2 hours without food? Kids aside and the odd dietary need (and I doubt a Mars bar or small packet of biscuits would be taken away i hope).
Old 28-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Kevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
I like how you've been stopped before but it doesn't deter you from trying again and again
Old 28-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
football is hardly unique in that.
The Singapore-based airline Scoot ban all outside food on board. Their business model is pretty much reliant on it!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

£1 = S$1.70

Force you to buy food on a long haul flight or starve. It's not advisable to scoff before the flight either.

Back to Palace, and football clubs not allowing food in (Spurs tried the same the other week), would like to know the reasoning for this.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 28-09-2019, 04:42 PM

Lenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLenny Again : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
The Singapore-based airline Scoot ban all outside food on board. Their business model is pretty much reliant on it!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

£1 = S$1.70

Force you to buy food on a long haul flight or starve. It's not advisable to scoff before the flight either.

Back to Palace, and football clubs not allowing food in (Spurs tried the same the other week), would like to know the reasoning for this.
Poor people "starving" on airplanes.
Old 28-09-2019, 04:56 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Never had a problem taking food into block J before and did so for god knows how many years. Couldn't make the game today so interesting to see if this is a permanent thing or not.

Agree with those who refuse to eat Selhurst food. Only times I have ended up with stomach issues. They can Feck right off of they thing I'm paying about a fiver for that privilege.
Old 28-09-2019, 05:00 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
H&S, risk of allergies...

The money of course but football is hardly unique in that. Tbh, is it that difficult to survive 2 hours without food? Kids aside and the odd dietary need (and I doubt a Mars bar or small packet of biscuits would be taken away i hope).
Risk of allergies? What’s the lady in the OP going to do with her sandwich, force feed it to someone?

Personally I can see why they ban hot food from being brought in, but modest snacks seem fine to me. Plus not everyone is there for just ‘2 hours’. Some of my group travel in, arriving at about 2 o/c. So they leave their homes around 12 o/c and get back home at 7ish.

I can see why they eat something during that time, but they don’t want always want to stop at a cafe en route, for various reasons.

The club needs to communicate far more clearly what its policy is, with signs beside every turnstile.
Old 28-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
I think mayonnaise should be banned within the ground .... Disgusting shit!
Old 28-09-2019, 05:14 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Always been the policy that you cant take food into the ground. Can take sealed bottles, but thats it.

Me and my Dad always got food into the ground in the championship, albeit the family stand.
Old 28-09-2019, 05:15 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Seems to vary. When I was stewarding (a few years back now, admittedly) in the Whitehorse, we were always relaxed about the odd sandwich/packet of crisps with the kids, but drew the line at hot food.
Old 28-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
Even more so because it's my mother in Main stand Block J...
Was the food your mother tried to bring into the ground for any kids that were going to sit with her in the family stand, block J?
Old 28-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Flying High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny Again View Post
Poor people "starving" on airplanes.
To clarify, Scoot’s longest flight is 12 hours.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 28-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Flying High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Was the food your mother tried to bring into the ground for any kids that were going to sit with her in the family stand, block J?
It was for herself. Been a season ticket holder since 2004.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 28-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post

I think you answered your question in line 2.
Old 28-09-2019, 05:52 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stop moaning its not unusual for events to not allow food and drink to be taken in in fact its normal.