Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Stop moaning its not unusual for events to not allow food and drink to be taken in in fact its normal.
A) he isn't moaning. B) just because something is 'normal' that doesn't make it OK or stop anyone having the right to question or query it.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 28-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Always bring a chocolate bar or two in, never been an issue. Last week they gave away thousands of Boost bars outside the ground, not aware anyone had any issues. Most stewards doing the turnstile searches just don't want an argument, so even if there is a rule they don't apply it. They don't let you bring in cans or already opened bottles, and apply that strictly
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-09-2019, 06:19 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
A) he isn't moaning. B) just because something is 'normal' that doesn't make it OK or stop anyone having the right to question or query it.
He is moaning or why post it. Why would you allow people to bring in food or drink to an event that sells food and drink.
Old 28-09-2019, 06:23 PM

EmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I blame Boris and Brexit
Old 28-09-2019, 06:25 PM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well from my username I guess you would know what I think of the fare offered inside the ground .
There used to be group of ladies in the glaziers who used to get a full picnic out on the table ,I don't know if they are still there though . Cant see the problem with a snack for yourself or the kids though yes hot food is a no no .

Ive just had a vision of my old man back in the 70's . Pipe , hip flask and packet of polos in the main stand , happy days .
Old 28-09-2019, 06:26 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Always have sweets (pastilles etc) never a problem.
Old 28-09-2019, 06:35 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
It was for herself. Been a season ticket holder since 2004.
Off topic, but should your dear old mum still be in the family block if she's not attending with kids?

I agree with the opinion that a sandwich etc should be grand as long as usual rules apply; nothing that stinks or could make someone sick - marmite, peanut butter. I'm aware that other venues don't let you bring in food but I personally feel that football should be different. It's the people's game.
Old 28-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Off topic, but should your dear old mum still be in the family block if she's not attending with kids?
There's loads in the family parts of the ground the same. Thing is, if people like the friends and acquaintances they sit near, and are willing to renew at full price (ie more than the 'with kids' price), then there isn't a club policy to move them elsewhere.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Probationary User

niallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkniallh sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Stop moaning its not unusual for events to not allow food and drink to be taken in in fact its normal.
For Godís sake, itís not an event, itís bleedin Selhurst. Our Selhurst. Stopping people bringing in a bit of grub is just mean.

Never brought anything in myself, but I quite like the idea of a nice little picnic.
Old 28-09-2019, 06:55 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Seems to vary. When I was stewarding (a few years back now, admittedly) in the Whitehorse, we were always relaxed about the odd sandwich/packet of crisps with the kids, but drew the line at hot food.
How big of you
Old 28-09-2019, 06:58 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
I snuck a mini mars bar in up my arsehole to beat the rules. I’m happy to bring in a multipack up there next week if anyone can’t go 90 without a feed?
Old 28-09-2019, 07:00 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let's be honest fans bring in food and drink because its cheaper then paying palace prices how much a bottle of water in ground you can buy 6 bottles in sainsburys for a pound .from palace point of veiw there a buissness looking to make money palace are pretty lenient palace fans who travel away can tell you some grounds don't let you bring in a bag without having food in the bag in the past I've seen fans bring in fish and chips and sit at table eating it .
Old 28-09-2019, 07:01 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
I snuck a mini mars bar in up my arsehole to beat the rules. Iím happy to bring in a multipack up there next week if anyone canít go 90 without a feed?
Found a Mars bar in my pants shortly after the Schlupp handball wasnít given and then Guaita dropped the ball between his legs.

Only afterwards that I realised I didnít put one up there.
Old 28-09-2019, 07:01 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
The Singapore-based airline Scoot ban all outside food on board. Their business model is pretty much reliant on it!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

£1 = S$1.70

Force you to buy food on a long haul flight or starve. It's not advisable to scoff before the flight either.

Back to Palace, and football clubs not allowing food in (Spurs tried the same the other week), would like to know the reasoning for this.
Completely irrelevant, but Singapore Airlines food is class. Would genuinely be pretty satisfied if I cooked it myself at home. Whilst literally every other airlines food (even the so called fancy ones like Qatar Airways or Virgin Atlantic) tastes like cat vomit.
Old 28-09-2019, 07:12 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Depends on if doing it sits right with you or not, but I’ve heard of people making up that they have diabetes or some kind of medical condition to get food in.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 28-09-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 28-09-2019, 07:51 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In previous seasons on the odd occasion I use to bring a few sausage rolls into the Lower Holmesdale to share amongst the group around me and they on occasions brought in bananas. Now residing in the Main stand I've yet to bring the sausage rolls along. Only time will tell if I'm refused or not... waiting for the cold weather to arrive.
Old 29-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
How big of you
My point, as you probably well know, is that parents and kids were allowed to bring in mini-picnics with soft drinks. Just no cans or open bottles as Dorking said.

Nothing big about it, just considering and encouraging parents and young kids in a Family Stand.

ENJOY THE GAME...

Last edited by davech; 29-09-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 29-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Youíre a dick
Old 29-09-2019, 03:10 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Maybe theyíre worried that people might stick gear in the sandwich.

In all honesty, i find it strange that in this day an age they donít provide a healthy few options for food in the stands instead of the normal, traditional burger, hot dog, chips etc.
Old 29-09-2019, 03:35 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Maybe theyíre worried that people might stick gear in the sandwich.

In all honesty, i find it strange that in this day an age they donít provide a healthy few options for food in the stands instead of the normal, traditional burger, hot dog, chips etc.
Botulism Burger with soggy onions and tomato sauce of indeterminate origin, Bovril and Mrs Minchella's Nuts never did me any harm .