Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-09-2019, 03:44 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolpalace View Post
As a diabetic I find this policy very worrying. If I do not eat I could have a hypoglycemia attack (low blood sugars) and this might be a serious threat to my health. Surely common sense dictates that there must be exceptions?
This is the issue. It's not so common at Selhurst.
Old 29-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Let's be honest fans bring in food and drink because its cheaper then paying palace prices how much a bottle of water in ground you can buy 6 bottles in sainsburys for a pound .from palace point of veiw there a buissness looking to make money palace are pretty lenient palace fans who travel away can tell you some grounds don't let you bring in a bag without having food in the bag in the past I've seen fans bring in fish and chips and sit at table eating it .
How about fans bring in their own food because the food in the ground is unhealthy and smells like poo. No choice. Not every one wants burgers, hot dogs, balti pies or chips.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 29-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
I snuck a mini mars bar in up my arsehole to beat the rules. Iím happy to bring in a multipack up there next week if anyone canít go 90 without a feed?
Thought you were walking funny yesterday
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 29-09-2019, 04:45 PM

leeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
He is moaning or why post it. Why would you allow people to bring in food or drink to an event that sells food and drink.

Plenty do. F1 at Silverstone for example. Took in a crate of beer each day and loads of food.

Shame though, I used to take jerk pork in every midweek game.
Old 29-09-2019, 05:34 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I have always either brought in Jerk Chicken or curried chicken from the chinese as part of my game ritual. Never been stopped.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 29-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Stop moaning its not unusual for events to not allow food and drink to be taken in in fact its normal.
Nonsense. Iíve visited over 30 grounds in the last 18 months. NONE have refused to allow me to take a sarnie/crisps/snacks for my son. Some do have rules about drinks, some donít. Cricket grounds are the same. The O2 DOES have a No Food or Drink policy which is purely to increase in-house sales.

It would be the only likely reason why Palace are seemingly implementing a similar policy.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:32 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Nonsense. Iíve visited over 30 grounds in the last 18 months. NONE have refused to allow me to take a sarnie/crisps/snacks for my son. Some do have rules about drinks, some donít. Cricket grounds are the same. The O2 DOES have a No Food or Drink policy which is purely to increase in-house sales.

It would be the only likely reason why Palace are seemingly implementing a similar policy.
Come on not taking food or drink into the game is not an issue its just another thing to moan about.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:53 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Come on not taking food or drink into the game is not an issue its just another thing to moan about.
Let's overlook the assertion that it is normal for clubs not to allow food & drink in - that's simply not true.

I don't need food at Palace but when my lad wants something to eat during a game, it's so much easier for me to take something from home rather than buy at the ground. The fact is that the food at Selhurst is not value for money & the queues are a pain in the arse.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:59 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Let's overlook the assertion that it is normal for clubs not to allow food & drink in - that's simply not true.

I don't need food at Palace but when my lad wants something to eat during a game, it's so much easier for me to take something from home rather than buy at the ground. The fact is that the food at Selhurst is not value for money & the queues are a pain in the arse.
No football ground is value for money food wise, even the fancy venues. Unless you have a medical condition like the fella on the first page with diabetes (who should be allowed to bring food in) , I can’t see a single reason to buy food from a football ground. You can survive 2 hours without eating, and get something cheaper, nicer and more hygienic outside.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 29-09-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Do children need food at a drop of a hat, or can you feed them before?

I havent got a kid so coming from ignorance.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:07 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

Guess I’m coming from a place of ignorance too. Was basing it off my childhood and what my friends who went to football did.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:08 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who eats between 2.45 and 5 on a normal day?
Old 29-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

A bit of both. My lad's going through a growing phase where he can eat a full meal & say he's starving (& eat a ton more) 20 minutes later. And he's skinny as a rake.

But lemme turn this the other way round. Why shouldn't I be able to take a snack into the ground for him?

(Not that the question is aimed specifically at you, MFBias)
Old 29-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
A bit of both. My lad's going through a growing phase where he can eat a full meal & say he's starving (& eat a ton more) 20 minutes later. And he's skinny as a rake.

But lemme turn this the other way round. Why shouldn't I be able to take a snack into the ground for him?

I guess the question came from when I went to football with my Dad I dont remember ever eating in the ground. Maybe some chicken before that wasnt every time.

I agree with your last point. There needs to be digression, over what should be taken in. If the food was better they have a point but itís awful.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:

I am the same we also have a 2.5-3hour journey each way.

A few years ago I used to bring hot food in with my dad and it was suddenly stopped not a big issue my dad could not stand for long so I got it and we ate it in the car. I spoke to Steve Browlett about it and he said hot food was banned cold food was ok.

I was wrong he said all food was banned To view the link you have to Register or Login
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal

Last edited by redandblue; 29-09-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
No football ground is value for money food wise, even the fancy venues.
Tottenham is very reasonable. Big, fat meaty sausage rolls just £2
Honourable mention for the bacon rolls at Cambridge United.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 29-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Tottenham is very reasonable. Big, fat meaty sausage rolls just £2
Honourable mention for the bacon rolls at Cambridge United.
That’s still poor value compared to a decent chicken shop, which are obviously plentiful around Selhurst in particular. Been a few years since I last went but a Chicken burger, chips and a drink for £3 at Fort Neef Morleys I believe.
Old 29-09-2019, 08:14 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Bringing Food Into The Ground

More to the point, where the fók is the the ice cream van in the LH thatís gone awol after the Villa game?

My daughter was beside herself with grief when it wasnít there against Wolves (and wasnít there again against Norwich). Even if it was pissing it down, this didnít enter her brain that it shouldnít be there.
Old 29-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
The club could expand on this ... After all the Club shop sells clothes ... Soooo?
Old 29-09-2019, 08:32 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
The club could expand on this ... After all the Club shop sells clothes ... Soooo?

That's why we usually sit in the Nude Stand.