Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Most places dont let you bring your own food in, pubs, cafes or theatre. I agree it’s bullshit but why should it be different?

On Saturday I walked in with a 2 litre bottle of water in my hand expecting it to be taken off me but it wasnt, hiding in plain sight I guess. Maybe was baffled by looking in my bag and can only do one thing unless their brains explode.

I also had one steward look at some poker chips I had in my bag for a game in the evening, he asked me “what liquid is this?” About 3 times looking and pointing at the chips. It was a surreal moment, all I could muster from confusion was ‘they are poker chips’ maybe I could have said they are 15g clay composite and thus not a liquid.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:04 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Well we will be trying to get a bottle of water and some sandwiches into west ham next week for my son'd first game. Late KO over what would be dinner time there has to be some allowances.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:10 PM

dougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Us vegans are allowed to.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:21 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
My Sis came to a game last season and had the vegan pie in the Glaziers. She ended up having sickness and the trots for the next two days following the game and firmly put it down to the pie. Strangely my brother was there too and bought same said pie. He took one bite and said to me “this isn’t right” and didn’t take another bite. Sadly, that wasn’t related to my Sis.
Old 29-09-2019, 09:21 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

I also had one steward look at some poker chips I had in my bag for a game in the evening, he asked me “what liquid is this?” About 3 times looking and pointing at the chips. It was a surreal moment, all I could muster from confusion was ‘they are poker chips’ maybe I could have said they are 15g clay composite and thus not a liquid.
Maybe he was from Royston Vasey

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-09-2019, 06:40 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I am the same we also have a 2.5-3hour journey each way.

A few years ago I used to bring hot food in with my dad and it was suddenly stopped not a big issue my dad could not stand for long so I got it and we ate it in the car. I spoke to Steve Browlett about it and he said hot food was banned cold food was ok.

I was wrong he said all food was banned To view the link you have to Register or Login
Interesting - & highlights the hit & miss enforcement of the stewards. For Steve B to say that 'That's the same rule at most sports and entertainment venues' just simply isn't true. Some places (e.g. Wimbledon & Lord's) even let you take your own booze in, although they are in the minority.

But it's clear that Steve recognises that it's purely a revenue-driven policy.
Old 30-09-2019, 07:04 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was at villa park on Saturday
No problem bringing food in but would say concourse there is very good
Plenty of space and food outlets -lots of screens for football -no queuing for decent food and drink -Heineken 4.50 a pint -stewards and counter staff very pleasant toilets clean and roomy
My wife said women's toilets spotless and a lot more cubicles than palace
Sorry but palace facilities for fans is very poor especially when charging what £40 for a match
I appreciate we are going to watch football but they could do it more to improve match day experience
Let's hope the new stand impresses
Old 30-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
That’s the argument, make the food good and affordable and people will be less inclined to bring food in. This would equal more sales aswell.

It’s overpriced and abysmal currently. Junk food is getting dated now.

Last edited by MFBias; 30-09-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
That’s the argument, make the food good and affordable and people will be less inclined to bring food in. This would equal more sales aswell.

It’s overpriced and abysmal currently. Junk food is getting dated now.
That is true pretty much everywhere. I will give one exception and that’s at Eastleigh where they have some proper oven cooked pies (not your reheated Pukka) that are quality and only £2.50 the rest of the stuff is crap though.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-09-2019, 04:36 PM

bomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebomboyno : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Always take my son a packed lunch in the Whitehorse and no issues at all. The stewards looked in his bag on first game of the season but they were only looking for hot food
Old 30-09-2019, 04:52 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboyno View Post
The stewards looked in his bag on first game of the season but they were only looking for hot food
I've given up hoping for hot food at Selhurst
Old 30-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Are pies really classified as junk food? They are pretty tasty anyway.

On a sort of related note there is a new Italian next to Norwood J that looks decent. Good to have some choices in and outside the ground.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Plenty of space and food outlets -lots of screens for football -no queuing for decent food and drink -Heineken 4.50 a pint -stewards and counter staff very pleasant toilets clean and roomy
Sorry but palace facilities for fans is very poor especially when charging what £40 for a match
I appreciate we are going to watch football but they could do it more to improve match day experience
Mark Dennis the BBC reporter who was at our game on Sat has given us a right old pasting on Twitter about the ‘match day experience’. Flooded ladies toilets, shit and over priced food etc
Old 30-09-2019, 05:25 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Mark Dennis the BBC reporter who was at our game on Sat has given us a right old pasting on Twitter about the ‘match day experience’. Flooded ladies toilets, shit and over priced food etc
He was in the women's toilets taking pictures on his phone. That says a lot more about him than us.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
That is true pretty much everywhere. I will give one exception and that’s at Eastleigh where they have some proper oven cooked pies (not your reheated Pukka) that are quality and only £2.50 the rest of the stuff is crap though.
Had a very nice piri chicken wrap there last season....poky.

This season the match was segregated so we couldn’t get to it.

Wankers.

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:38 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie87 View Post
Us vegans are allowed to.
How the f*ck is your cheese phobia relevant?
Old 30-09-2019, 05:38 PM

Simonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have been taking sandwiches for myself and my sons into the Whitehorse for about twenty years for around twenty years without problem.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
If you visited a cinema with facilities equivalent to Selhurst, I reckon you'd have a decent case for demanding it be condemned.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
If you visited a cinema with facilities equivalent to Selhurst, I reckon you'd have a decent case for demanding it be condemned.
At least the food hygiene rating is decent (seriously) To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 30-09-2019, 05:52 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboyno View Post
Always take my son a packed lunch in the Whitehorse and no issues at all. The stewards looked in his bag on first game of the season but they were only looking for hot food

Hot food? What were they expecting to find, a cottage pie with an array of veg to compliment?!

Why should it matter if the food being brought in is hot or cold? And if that is an issue, can you wait for it to go cold and then bring it in? Doesn’t make sense to me. Either allow food or don’t.