Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Hot food? What were they expecting to find, a cottage pie with an array of veg to compliment?!

Why should it matter if the food being brought in is hot or cold? And if that is an issue, can you wait for it to go cold and then bring it in? Doesn’t make sense to me. Either allow food or don’t.
Hot food is competing directly with what they sell. A sandwich to keep your kid going is surely different to coming in with a big mac?
Old 30-09-2019, 05:59 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had a beef and onion pie a few years back in the Arthur. I foolishly discarded the foil container that holds it, and was amazed at how quickly a pie loses its shape. It was like the second battle of the bulge. It was embarrassing.
Old 30-09-2019, 06:03 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
My daughter is a coeliac and I have taken food to much better places that Selhurst with no issue. The PC world we live in just show the food and say you have an allergy, if they dare refuse ask for their name and to speak to the senior staff. The chances of anything gluten free inside is 0% and places are legally obliged to cater.
Old 30-09-2019, 06:15 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
I was at villa park on Saturday
No problem bringing food in but would say concourse there is very good
Plenty of space and food outlets -lots of screens for football -no queuing for decent food and drink -Heineken 4.50 a pint -stewards and counter staff very pleasant toilets clean and roomy
My wife said women's toilets spotless and a lot more cubicles than palace
Sorry but palace facilities for fans is very poor especially when charging what £40 for a match
I appreciate we are going to watch football but they could do it more to improve match day experience
Let's hope the new stand impresses
New stand ?
Old 30-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
FWIW I think it's pretty decent that Palace let you bring in (unopened) bottles. Must be a good trade for Sainsbury's next door
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 30-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
My daughter is a coeliac and I have taken food to much better places that Selhurst with no issue. The PC world we live in just show the food and say you have an allergy, if they dare refuse ask for their name and to speak to the senior staff. The chances of anything gluten free inside is 0% and places are legally obliged to cater.
Sorry, have I read that right?

Football grounds are legally obliged to cater for coeliacs?

Are you sure?

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Who eats between 2.45 and 5 on a normal day?
Have you never heard of a cream tea?
Old 30-09-2019, 07:02 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
In the pc world we live in today if the club wanted to be funny to prove a point they could arsk a doctor to recommend certain snacks and charge silly money for them or even say on tickets they don't cater for certain food requirements so you attend at your own risk ect just to cover themselves . Personally never had trouble bringing in a chocolate bar ect would we want club to clampdown on everything ? And slowing getting in while they search every fan like at old trafford.
Old 30-09-2019, 07:43 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolpalace View Post
As a diabetic I find this policy very worrying. If I do not eat I could have a hypoglycemia attack (low blood sugars) and this might be a serious threat to my health. Surely common sense dictates that there must be exceptions?
I’m sure they won’t stop you taking a couple of Jelly babies in.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Doing decent food only 20 times a year, in a narrow window of time with a huge demand over a fragment of that window, is quite a challenge; in terms of quality, serving, staffing, pricing etc. For what is relatively, erm, small potatoes......

Just some relatively decent pies, and the ability to get a cup of tea easily or have a pint of beer pre pulled and ready would be a decent start. And not a lot more needed really.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:37 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Sorry, have I read that right?

Football grounds are legally obliged to cater for coeliacs?

Are you sure?
Event food outlet needs to either have gluten free options OR you can take and consume your own food according to the advice we were given. I would doubt its law more guidelines but makes sense and we do in theme parks, football matches, even Greggs whilst the rest of us ate their food.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
In the pc world we live in today if the club wanted to be funny to prove a point they could arsk a doctor to recommend certain snacks and charge silly money for them or even say on tickets they don't cater for certain food requirements so you attend at your own risk ect just to cover themselves . Personally never had trouble bringing in a chocolate bar ect would we want club to clampdown on everything ? And slowing getting in while they search every fan like at old trafford.
To do this they would need allergy notices and menus on all food outlets, the days of a blanket ‘we don’t know so assume it does have it in’ are thankfully long gone.
Old 30-09-2019, 08:45 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not moaning if you have an allergy, quite important to me....
Old 30-09-2019, 09:48 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Fans zone cold microwave chips , returned for hotter ones which were also cold and rock hard .
Would be better of doing a deal with m and s for decent sandwiches , savouries and cakes

Last edited by aj4england; 30-09-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:59 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Who eats between 2.45 and 5 on a normal day?
Most kids i would have thought and it is not 2:45 and 5 is it.

If you leave home before the game and by the time you get back, even if you are local you are talking over a 3 hour period and not back before 5:30.

A lot of people including ourselves often have kids fed by then usually.

Games like this weekend pose a further problem. We will leave 'home' at 3 and not be back till 9:30. I would rather not force junk food on my child when a)it is not good for him and b) he doesn't like it.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 AM

transformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Not wishing too lighten an obviously serious issue- but that food display does not look overly appetizing . " I'd like the contents of an aquarium please -
with a side salad "
Sod that ..... I'd just have double chips ...
Old 01-10-2019, 07:02 AM

Glazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bought a burger in the fan zone and wasn’t allowed to take it into the AW. So even food bought from the club outlets are banned. Crazy!
Old 01-10-2019, 07:17 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Have you never heard of a cream tea?

Imagine hundreds of fans carrying those little stands holding finger sandwiches, little cakes and scones? And a lovely china cup and saucer? Trying to balance that after Townsend scores a cracker?
Old 01-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

That’s been the case for years, but it doesn’t say that “places are legally obliged to cater” for, say, celiacs.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
That’s been the case for years, but it doesn’t say that “places are legally obliged to cater” for, say, celiacs.
Believe me not years. I

f CPFC are NOT compliant (which they are 100% not) they are unable (or at least unwise) to refuse entry to someone carrying in thier own food. from the site....

Caterers can help protect their food hypersensitive customers by actively managing food allergens and they are legally obliged to do so. They must also provide accurate information on the allergen content of their food for their customers.