Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who is your MotM?
Guaita 15 3.52%
Ward 4 0.94%
Kelly 30 7.04%
Cahill 160 37.56%
van Aanholt 4 0.94%
McArthur ** 54 12.68%
Kouyaté * 17 3.99%
Milivojevic 7 1.64%
Schlupp 10 2.35%
Zaha 91 21.36%
Ayew *** 22 5.16%
Townsend * (70 mins) 3 0.70%
McCarthy ** (79 mins) 2 0.47%
Meyer *** (90 Mins) 7 1.64%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-09-2019, 10:09 PM

Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Alfie's army has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Cahill superb signing .could not believe we got him hopefully he’ll have a chat with bats in January to come back
Old 28-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie's army View Post
Cahill superb signing .could not believe we got him hopefully he’ll have a chat with bats in January to come back
Yes great signing Cahill, Ayew didn't stop running and Guaita really accomplished and always alert. As usual, Zaha produces a bit of magic when needed.
Old 28-09-2019, 10:23 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
I was absolutely wrong about Cahill. He was very good today and has been for most of the matches.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 28-09-2019, 10:26 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Giaita 8 commanding. Did the job

Ward and Kelly 7 each . Didnt notice them which is sometimes a good thing

Van Aanholdt.5 Should be so much better. Marking averag and always seemed to be too late backing up play when going forward.

Cahill 9 MOM. A classy performance on and off the ball and led the defence. His place is naile on on this form

Kouyote 6 worked hard enough but not helped by being played wide right.

Luka 7.5 solid and a terrific pen as per usual

Macarthur 7 same as luka but without the pen!

Schlupp ditto

Wilf 7 quiet today did ok but not with the flair and confidence of before

Ayew 8 Pleasurably surprised by Jordan this season. Workedd hard and not without some quality which I didnt know he possessed last year

Subs

Got to say an excellent 25 odd minutes from Townsend. 8 Not just his well taken goal but he provided width, balance and know how to the team and was well able to help us close out the game. Should start next week I hope. His intro to the game was Roys best call (90 minutes of that he might have been MOM)
Old 28-09-2019, 10:50 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Personally thought we was excellent today. Controlled the game almost from start to finish apart from a few minutes here and there where we backed off and let Norwich play. Overall though thought we was comfortable. Not sure if Norwich had an off day but there looked like a bit of a gulf between the 2 teams today. Thought we looked fitter, physically stronger and technically better.

If I was being picky I thought we lacked a bit in the final 3rd trying to cut through Norwich. Played good controlling football, but little idea in this area to break them down. PVA and Schlupp looked solid down the left but with the amount of possession we had down that side I thought we should've exploited down here more. Amazing bit of skill from Wilf at the end to set up Townsend but why did it take him 90 minutes to do something like that? Has he been like that for most of the season as he appears to have stopped having a go at defenders. Too many times for me he picked the ball up, checked his run and slowed things up by not committing defenders. Still as I say amazing skill at the end, let's see more of it Wilf and be braver.

Ayew MoM for me. He absolutely bossed it up top today. As good as a forwards performance you'll see and a constant menace. Other notable performances for me were the general and Kouyate. I thought they bossed and controlled the CM. Continually broke play up and set us on attacks. Also Cahill. How good is he and how the **** did Chelsea let him go. I'm probably being unfair on Kelly as he was also very good but I think Cahill could make a corner flag next to him look good. Everything about him is class. We really are blessed in this area with Cahill, Kelly, Sakho and Tompkins.
Old 28-09-2019, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbroad View Post
Cahill is our Hangeland. There's a reason we have him at this stage of his career - the guy is quality.
Wasn't Hangeland our Hangeland?

EDIT: I have noticed someone else has said the same thing - but they spelt his name wrong, so I think that means my post is a bit different and will leave it.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 28-09-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 28-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
I was absolutely wrong about Cahill. He was very good today and has been for most of the matches.
Got to say that Cahill looks very fit and I can see him playing for a few more years.
Old 28-09-2019, 11:11 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
PVA played a lot better than last week, think some being harsh
People are always harsh with PVA.
Old 28-09-2019, 11:37 PM

simon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesimon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
McArthur for me. We are so much better when he plays. He makes us tick. Honourable mentions for Wilf and Cahill who is head and shoulders the best signing of the season
Old 29-09-2019, 02:37 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcpfc View Post
Not necessarily man of the match but someone I was not sure about when he signed. Ageing journeyman willing to pick up the wage packet. How wrong was I. Such class on the ball, will to win and a football brain to move the ball quickly.

Great addition to the team and even if not mom, a player that is able to bring out the best and lead our other defenders.
Hard to be a journeyman when you have only been on the books of 4 teams in the last 15 years.
Old 29-09-2019, 02:49 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawman_15 View Post
I genuinely think our 2019 form is going unnoticed by a lot of people, mainly our own fans!!!

Just to make it clear, we are sat 4th in the table for games played in 2019. We are basically going through our best period of top flight football in the modern era.

But yeah it’s so boring and dull ha!

Please cast your minds back to 2016 when it was truly awful
Yes but it’s a Soul destroying, wrist slitting 4 th in the premier league form table over the last 9 months.
Old 29-09-2019, 03:42 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
cahill on the left side of the centre improves the whole defense and pga massively! Keep kelly next to him till Tomkins gets up to speed.

On the front foot from the start, and although felt a bit edgy at the end, we managed the game better even before the second goal.

If we're not after their left back, Lewis, in the summer to replace PVA, theres something seriously wrong with our recruitment, he looks an outstanding talent
Old 29-09-2019, 06:17 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only watched on TV, so can't give ratings, but just as a comment, I thought the upper body strength shown by Wilf to shake off the defenders to set up AT's goal was fantastic. I also thought JA led the front line very well.

Last edited by JJ; 29-09-2019 at 06:19 AM.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:29 AM
19 years for 4,075 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought we played very well.

I was surprised at the stats giving us a lesser amount of possession,,can that be right ?

Whatever, we were in complete control.
Would have liked some of the attacks to be quicker and more incisive...and we do pussyfoot around the edge of the box on occasions
They bought on a sub keeper who was their third choice (?) so we should have peppered his goal with more shots after his arrival..but Norwich upped their game for that final 15-20 mins of the first half - about the only time they did.

Luka was very demonstrative...and I think he may have been given a kick up the rear after last weeks game management by the team. He was dishing out instructions and ensuring the team did their jobs, playing a real captains role.

The one worry I did have was that the first two substitutions were effectively right sided but PVA & Schluppy were very exposed on the left and slow at getting back at times. Schluppy was particularly tired. So I thought that could have been costly.

Fully deserved the win -well done Palace

Guiata 7 - not a lot to do. A couple of wayward kicks on his weaker peg but there was quite a wind blowing.
Ward 7 - very good solid performance
Kelly 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong, I believe
Cahill 8 - Very classy performance. I said right from when we were considering getting him he could be another Hangeland and so its proving.
PVA 6 - Usual forays down the flank but defending is still a concern
Luka 6 - Demanded everything from the players. Still not on his best form.
Kouyate 7 - worked tirelessly. At one time he was on a lung busting run down the right wing and the very next minute popped up at left back.
Macca 9 - My MOM. Blimey did he get through some work. Incredible engine.
Schlupp 6 - I like him..but not his best game.. Great driving forward..but he does go to sleep and slow on the uptake
Zaha 7 -Caused them furrowed brows all afternoon. It might just be me but he appears to have lost some of the muscle bulk and is getting knocked off the ball a little easier this season.
Ayew 7 - Puts in so much great work. Shame he couldn't cap it with a goal.

McArthy - seems off the pace to me, understandably so as he desperately needs game time
Townsend - Good old Andros...we needed that..and you delivered - thanks !
Meyer - would have liked to have seen him start...but we need Kouyate's height when CB isn't starting.

Roy- 8 - got it spot on today.

COYP !
Old 29-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Gary Cahill should still be in the England squad
Old 29-09-2019, 06:42 AM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawman_15 View Post
I genuinely think our 2019 form is going unnoticed by a lot of people, mainly our own fans!!!

Just to make it clear, we are sat 4th in the table for games played in 2019. We are basically going through our best period of top flight football in the modern era.

But yeah it’s so boring and dull ha!

Please cast your minds back to 2016 when it was truly awful
Spot on. Absolutely spot on. And it needs repeating. 4th most points in premier league in 2019. And you are right, our best form since we have come up.

I’m baffled by how little credit Roy gets from some fans and how much negativity there is. And next week when the line ups come out they’ll all still be moaning that he doesn’t play their favourite players.

Those calling our football boring are living in a dreamland. Roy was shafted in the transfer window yet still
carries on producing. This season was always going to be tough, and may still be, however it has been a great start.

Last edited by PALACEFAN; 29-09-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Cahill has had a massive effect on our defence.

But imo it’s the huge calming influence of having a very good keeper behind the defence that has led to us looking very solid. We would be bottom half with old crisp packet hands in goal
Old 29-09-2019, 06:44 AM

Dalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDalianeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think we are setup well to take on some of the big boys in the upcoming games. I bet the team has been annoyed all week about that last-minute Wolves goal, and they put that ghost to rest yesterday. What I thought was most refreshing was RH substituting Ayew and Kouyate not with "defensive" replacements, but with creative players in the form of Townsend and Mayer. These are not natural picks to bring on when defending a lead.

We have the defensive platform (Guaita / Cahill / Kelly / Milivolevic / Kouyate) on which to launch some incisive attacks (Zaha / Meyer / Townsend and yes, Schlupp). The only remaining problem is who will stick the ball in the net? I don't think Ayew gets himself into goalscoring positions often enough (like Wilf did yesterday), and Benteke looks completely shorn of confidence. Hope we don't give away early goals in these big upcoming matches or we will be looking at more Spurs scores.....
Old 29-09-2019, 06:53 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Cahill has had a massive effect on our defence.

But imo it’s the huge calming influence of having a very good keeper behind the defence that has led to us looking very solid. We would be bottom half with old crisp packet hands in goal
Without doubt.
Old 29-09-2019, 07:00 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
cahill on the left side of the centre improves the whole defense and pga massively! Keep kelly next to him till Tomkins gets up to speed.

On the front foot from the start, and although felt a bit edgy at the end, we managed the game better even before the second goal.

If we're not after their left back, Lewis, in the summer to replace PVA, theres something seriously wrong with our recruitment, he looks an outstanding talent
Not much chance of getting him unless their relegated.