Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-09-2019, 09:29 AM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Things To Do On An Autumn Weekend In and Around Bournemouth?

Facing "use it or lose it" holiday ultimatum from work, I have booked a long weekend in the Sandbanks area of Bournemouth.

Apart from coastal walks, which I do enjoy, does anyone have any recommendations of things to see/do in the area?

Thanks in advance!

FOR F**K'S SAKE, MURRAY!!
Old 30-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
The best thing to do in Bournemouth on an Autumn weekend is to get back in the motor and drive straight back home.

Only kidding. I really don't know.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Have they still got Otter World there?

Edit - yes they have, it's now called Oceanarium
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 30-09-2019, 10:09 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
A prominent BBSer might take you fishing.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:15 AM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
Facing "use it or lose it" holiday ultimatum from work, I have booked a long weekend in the Sandbanks area of Bournemouth.

Apart from coastal walks, which I do enjoy, does anyone have any recommendations of things to see/do in the area?

Thanks in advance!
Brownsea Island
Pint and pasty at the square compass
Tank museum
Fish and chips at chez fred
Old 30-09-2019, 10:16 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
University girls.

Bollocks, I'm way too old now.
Old 30-09-2019, 12:57 PM

Webb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for youWebb is just too good for you
I know Purbeck reasonably well - I don't think the Sandbanks ferry is operating at the moment otherwise nipping across there for walks, pubs in and around Swanage is a good shout, particularly Old Harry's Rocks, Studland (including the WW2 defences, Fort Henry, Dragon Teeth etc), Bankes Arms, not to mention Corfe and the railway. The open top bus between Bournemouth and Swanage is going via Wareham at the moment, I think, rather than the Sandbanks ferry.

Square and Compass in Worth Matravers is amazing, but a bit tricky from Bournemouth (good shout bhcp!)

Last edited by Webb; 30-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 30-09-2019, 01:10 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
I took the day off around this time last year for my first ever trip to Bournemouth on the day of our game there last season.

I didn't have a huge amount of time before the game but managed to fit in a trip to the aquarium, have a ride on the Ferris wheel and take a massive walk along the beach. It wasn't meant to be that long but the novelty of a beach with sand on it and relatively clear water was difficult to tear myself away from.

And then the match happened...

Overall, a very nice place, made even nicer by the unseasonably sunny day.
Old 30-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Square and Compass in Worth Matravers is amazing, but a bit tricky from Bournemouth (good shout bchp!)
Another vote for the Square & Compass, although maybe not this weekend as it’s their Pumpkin and Beer festival. Also the Sandbanks ferry isn’t operating at the moment so it’s an extra 25mile drive.

It’s the Bournevaria Oktoberfest at the BIC this weekend if German beer is your thing.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 30-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 30-09-2019, 01:19 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
A prominent BBSer might take you fishing.
I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY. TO BOURNEMOUTH.
Old 30-09-2019, 02:04 PM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cheers for the suggestions! ta!
Shame about the ferry thing, but the beer festival seems like good timing!

FOR F**K'S SAKE, MURRAY!!
Old 30-09-2019, 02:12 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know you mentioned coastal walks but have you tried walking to Hengistbury Head? If you're there at the weekend, the ferry runs to Mudeford and you can continue your coastal walk. It's quite a way. You could walk back from Mudeford to Christchurch, take in the Thomas Tripp piub which does Ringwood's Forty-Niner. Then walk back either along the seafront or get the bus.
Old 30-09-2019, 02:40 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
I know you mentioned coastal walks but have you tried walking to Hengistbury Head? If you're there at the weekend, the ferry runs to Mudeford and you can continue your coastal walk. It's quite a way. You could walk back from Mudeford to Christchurch, take in the Thomas Tripp piub which does Ringwood's Forty-Niner. Then walk back either along the seafront or get the bus.
If I’d walked from Southbanks to Hengistbury Head and onto Mudeford, I’d be taking in the Haven, the Nelson, the Ship in Distress well before I’d even reached the Tripp, thats bloody miles.

It is a great trip admittedly, we cycle it occasionally when the weather’s good and fancy a day out.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 30-09-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 30-09-2019, 02:57 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Sandbanks, you say?
You can put out Harry's bins for him.
Old 30-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Sandbanks, you say?
And maybe stop for some jam roly-poly and a cuppa with him and Sandra.
Old 30-09-2019, 03:45 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Sandbanks, you say?
And help his dog fill in his tax return.
Old 30-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY. TO BOURNEMOUTH.
Old 30-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Studland beaches are wonderful. Bankes Arms on middle beach (I think) used to do a magnificent crab salad. Corfe is worth a wander round. But further you’ve got the beautiful Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door which is thoroughly recommend but it’s a bit of a treck from Bournemouth
Old 30-09-2019, 06:46 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
If we're talking detours, Monkey World and the Bovington Tank Museum.

And a pub doing a pumpkin and beer festival? What sort of f*ckness is this?!
Old 30-09-2019, 08:20 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Get the ferry to Cherbourg