Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2019, 06:05 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Little Al.

Our very own Brian Sewell.
I am not disputing he has talent, but if he painted on the side of my house (which is a great area and I am suprised no one has vandalised it yet) I would paint over it, no matter how much its "worth"
Old 04-10-2019, 06:20 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I'd like a Banksy bank note. Trouble is, there are too many snides about.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Yes. Paint on canvas, not other peoples property. The one of the chimps in Westminster is quality, and not vandalism. Stick to that.
That will work.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am not disputing he has talent, but if he painted on the side of my house (which is a great area and I am suprised no one has vandalised it yet) I would paint over it, no matter how much its "worth"
I donít believe you.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:21 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
It amazes me how someone who basically goes around stencilling things on people property get famous. If i went and rag rolled the outside of Mayday hospital no one would be creaming their knickers.
Banksy have produced a variety of work, itís just that you are more aware of the street art.

Take a look at his 4 metre painting of the chimps in Parliament, which just sold for nearly £10m. Itís actually 10 years old, but very topical now donít you think?

Art isnít just about who is subjectively the Ďbestí painter. It can be about a variety of things, including concepts and capturing the current mood, or even sparking discussion. Even this thread is a little example of how his art is far reaching, and itís almost immaterial whether those posting like his art or not.

Iíve been to Croydon today to see it. I think itís brilliant that heís chosen Croydon and itís right in the centre, so anyone can stroll by and take a look. There were all ages etc looking at it....I bet only a tiny percentage of them have been in an art gallery recently.

Art isnít just for stuffy galleries.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:53 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Art isnít just for stuffy galleries.
No, it's for vandals with a brush and a set of stencils from B&Q too.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
It amazes me how someone who basically goes around stencilling things on people property get famous. If i went and rag rolled the outside of Mayday hospital no one would be creaming their knickers.
If you could do it with the wit and relevance of Banksy, then yes, maybe they would.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow the BBS is full of old stuff bell ends. Who knew?
Old 04-10-2019, 04:11 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, it's for vandals with a brush and a set of stencils from B&Q too.
Maidstoned Eagle... The Sister Wendy of The BBS.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:20 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
Wow the BBS is full of old stuff bell ends. Who knew?
Its also full of pretentious twots...but thats nothing to do with me, sweetcheeks.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:23 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
If you could do it with the wit and relevance of Banksy, then yes, maybe they would.
My rag rolling is hilarious apparently.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't believe even you would be foolish enough to turn down the literal 100,000s of pounds a large scale Banksy piece would add to your property value.

Still, art is often supposed to be challenging, so it's no surprise some Luddites dislike it.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Street Art and Graffiti in particular is all about the reaction. It says more about the critic, plus or negative than almost any other form of visual expression.

Street art is basically encouraged in Inner Melbourne, Whole City lane ways dedicated to it with the councils blessing, they even run tours to view it. Plenty of people around Melbourne pay graffitsts and street artists to have their property worked on.

Here's a photo encouraging a visit from the Victorian Tourism Board.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Having said all of that, I definitely wouldn't want my place subject to street art.... although plenty around here do.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:35 PM
SC's wet dream

Fill ya boots.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:36 PM
SC's wet dream

Old 04-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fill ya boots.

My 21 year old son has his books, plus a shit load of paint in me back shed that he uses around Melbourne. It get's interesting for him and his crowd when they team up with the Japanese graffiti community in and around the Cities over there. 30 days one of his mates got and that was after a mass citizens arrest. Interesting tales from there.

Hasn't had a "Commission" yet though.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its also full of pretentious twots...but thats nothing to do with me, sweetcheeks.
Did you bother to look at the painting of Parliament I suggested? When that was displayed in a Bristol gallery it attracted record numbers through their doors.

If you donít get it, thatís absolutely fine. Itís impossible for an artist to please everyone, and Iím sure Banksy isnít trying to. Many artists donít give a *hit about pleasing anyone else at all.

Personally, I think itís great that heís organised a free display in Croydon. For example, my sonís school took their art and photography students to study it this week....kudos to the teachers for ditching their lesson plans for a couple of hours are going to see something different and highly relevant to their students. I bet itíll be crowded over the weekend, and I find that brilliant. There will be people discussing an art installation who might well have never seen one before.

If youíre not interested, donít go and see it. No need to have pathetic digs at others.

I donít know...am I the only one getting increasingly sick of the BBS? Just so many posters now chucking in their negativity and insulting others unnecessarily.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:15 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fill ya boots.

Not sure what your point is?

Old 04-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I went to see it, and took the opportunity to buy some Jerk Mutton Curry packs from the Black Butchers opposite, as well as some cheap veg and other ingredients from down the market to make a nice Caribbean mutton stew.

There was quite a buzz about and lots of people were actually talking to each other in the street. It did seem quite surreal being so close to the actual works, especially the stencil on the electrical box outside on the pavement which you can walk right up to and touch.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I went to see it, and took the opportunity to buy some Jerk Mutton Curry packs from the Black Butchers opposite, as well as some cheap veg and other ingredients from down the market to make a nice Caribbean mutton stew.

There was quite a buzz about and lots of people were actually talking to each other in the street. It did seem quite surreal being so close to the actual works, especially the stencil on the electrical box outside on the pavement which you can walk right up to and touch.
This is why it's brilliant, and a trip to a local trader