Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-10-2019, 08:58 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I donít know...am I the only one getting increasingly sick of the BBS? Just so many posters now chucking in their negativity and insulting others unnecessarily.
People have been moaning about the BBS forever.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Did you bother to look at the painting of Parliament I suggested? When that was displayed in a Bristol gallery it attracted record numbers through their doors.

If you donít get it, thatís absolutely fine. Itís impossible for an artist to please everyone, and Iím sure Banksy isnít trying to. Many artists donít give a *hit about pleasing anyone else at all.

Personally, I think itís great that heís organised a free display in Croydon. For example, my sonís school took their art and photography students to study it this week....kudos to the teachers for ditching their lesson plans for a couple of hours are going to see something different and highly relevant to their students. I bet itíll be crowded over the weekend, and I find that brilliant. There will be people discussing an art installation who might well have never seen one before.

If youíre not interested, donít go and see it. No need to have pathetic digs at others.

I donít know...am I the only one getting increasingly sick of the BBS? Just so many posters now chucking in their negativity and insulting others unnecessarily.
Good post. Just ignore the boring negative posters....it seems their fanclub is getting smaller and smaller.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:39 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
People have been moaning about the BBS forever.
Stop being so negative

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:39 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Good post. Just ignore the boring negative posters....it seems their fanclub is getting smaller and smaller.
Bless your little heart.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 PM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Not sure what your point is?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Aah, stencil that on a building and see the world flock.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:13 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
Shamelessly stolen from Twitter but:

Matt cartoons from the Daily Telegraph + weed + the second Massive Attack album = Banksy.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:14 AM
SC's wet dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
Shamelessly stolen from Twitter but:

Matt cartoons from the Daily Telegraph + weed + the second Massive Attack album = Banksy.

In answer to yodas heartfelt diatribe I will retort.

Please tell me how, in your mind, someone who loves Van Gogh, Utrillo, Monet, Klimt, Hopper, Liechtenstein etc. Always takes time to visit the National, Tate Modern and Courtauld galleries when in London, loves the Guggenheim in New York and Bilbao and ranks The Van Gogh in Amsterdam amongst his top five museums. Visits the Picasso, The Carmen Thyssen and the Pompadou here in Malaga regularly for exhibitions and so on...can, in DAWSYEAGLES words, be a "old stuff bell end" because I dont see the merit of an old hippy running round with a spray can and a few stencils. Have Ininsulted Bansky? Yes. Have I insulted the people that like him? Yes, in jestful retort. Does it make you want to leave the BBS? I suggest getting some perspective. Xx

Old 05-10-2019, 07:34 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post

Please tell me how, in your mind, someone who loves Van Gogh, Utrillo, Monet, Klimt, Hopper, Liechtenstein etc. Always takes time to visit the National, Tate Modern and Courtauld galleries when in London, loves the Guggenheim in New York and Bilbao and ranks The Van Gogh in Amsterdam amongst his top five museums. Visits the Picasso, The Carmen Thyssen and the Pompadou here in Malaga regularly for exhibitions and so on...can, in DAWSYEAGLES words, be a "old stuff bell end" because I dont see the merit of an old hippy running round with a spray can and a few stencils. Have Ininsulted Bansky? Yes. Have I insulted the people that like him? Yes, in jestful retort. Does it make you want to leave the BBS? I suggest getting some perspective. Xx
Where did I say I wanted to leave the BBS in that post? Is that wishful thinking on your part.

What Iím tired of is the negativity of posters like yourself, taking pathetic digs. They are pathetic because despite now trying to Ďpaint yourselfí as informed about art, you clearly havenít taken the trouble to research Banksy and the range of work he has produced.

Dismissing his work as an old hippy with a spray can and stencils shows how little you know about it.

However, as I said, if you donít get it then I agree that is fine. Art cannot appeal to everyone.

If you want to play Ďlook at me, Iíve been to art galleriesí, I can probably top trumps you on the ones Iíve been to. So what, itís not relevant.

I appreciate the old masters as well as the new. Open minded people can do that.

But what Iím particularly pleased about re this installation is that it is in Croydon and free. As someone who claims to appreciate art, canít you at least acknowledge that is a good thing? Thereíll be Croydon people visiting it and talking about it today who will never visit the galleries you rather smugly listed (good for you, have a biscuit).
Old 05-10-2019, 07:37 AM
SC's wet dream

Thanks for bothering to read the post if only to get more digs in.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Please tell me how, in your mind, someone who loves Van Gogh, Utrillo, Monet, Klimt, Hopper, Liechtenstein etc. Always takes time to visit the National, Tate Modern and Courtauld galleries when in London, loves the Guggenheim in New York and Bilbao and ranks The Van Gogh in Amsterdam amongst his top five museums. Visits the Picasso, The Carmen Thyssen and the Pompadou here in Malaga regularly for exhibitions and so on...
Artsy fartsy ponce.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:

They are all Ex-pat bars that show Eastenders, have a week old copy of the sun and serve omlette and chips, aren't they ?
Old 05-10-2019, 08:42 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bless your little heart.

I just like standing up to bullies.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Art wankers
Old 05-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Went yesterday. Free public art that's powerful, political and witty. Plus a great buzz in the street. Superb.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 05-10-2019, 11:10 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I'm Banksy.
I'm Banksy.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I like Banksy's art, straight to the point imaginative and funny in a cynical truthful way...It gets people talking so it works.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:17 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
I'm Banksy.
O'h no your not.....I am
Old 05-10-2019, 11:28 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I like Banksy's art, straight to the point imaginative and funny in a cynical truthful way...It gets people talking so it works.
I like it too, but it should not be put on other peoples property. I feel the same about the stickers that Palace fans plaster all over the place. Its vandalism.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
I like it too, but it should not be put on other peoples property. I feel the same about the stickers that Palace fans plaster all over the place. Its vandalism.
Yep but give me that on a wall to all that crappy tagging shit that you see all the way to London from Croydon which just looks like shit.