Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:25 AM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Pre-West Ham Friday 12:30pm

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Summary from club Twitter feed...

Roy: We're glad to have points on the board. We're looking forward to the game but it will be a tough ask, as it always is against West Ham.

Roy on Luka's suspension: He's not one we would have wanted to lose going into a game of this magnitude but we do have options in that area.

Roy: Mamadou is the only senior player injured for tomorrow. We don't think his injury is going to keep him out for a long period of time.

Roy: Of course we are pleased with the league table and the number of points we have taken, but we have a number of very difficult games coming up and we have to make sure we are prepared.

Roy: West Ham have a very dangerous front-line and quality players throughout the team. We are going to have to be very diligent with our defending.

And that's it from Roy! Head over to Palace TV later today to watch the press conference in full. To view the link you have to Register or Login Official club app
Old 04-10-2019, 11:51 AM
19 years for 4,075 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only just caught the end of this...

RH not prepared to say who will play in place of Luka

Roy and his team continue to help Benteke as much as they can to get him back to "goal scoring" form. Not right for other professionals in the game (Salako) to make derogatory comments on people in their profession when they don't know the full story - or words to that effect.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Salako really is a complete and utter knob.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:05 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What exactly did Salako say?
Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Salako is only repeating what we are all saying, that Benteke's return has been shocking and we need to replace him, because he doesn't deserve another contract.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:08 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Salad just said CB has been poor for two seasons... and that no-one will pay a fee for CB in current form. I make him right.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Yep.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:14 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

Why?

I like him... his mum taught my sister... lovely woman.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:20 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Why?

I like him... his mum taught my sister... lovely woman.
My mum worked with her aswell, always said she was lovely😊
Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Salad just said CB has been poor for two seasons... and that no-one will pay a fee for CB in current form. I make him right.
Yep, made a point about his lack of movement.

Spot on.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
His brother is a nice guy too!
Old 04-10-2019, 12:50 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Yep, made a point about his lack of movement.

Spot on.
CB certainly doesn't help himself in that respect. I can't believe Roy & Ray haven't been on at him about this for the last two years, because it's so self evident for all to see.

He might be fantastic on the training ground, but matchdays he's far too static. If only he'd look at running into space, I'm convinced things would open up for him much more often.
He would probably say that we don't get enough crosses into the box for him, which is almost certainly true, but even when we do he just doesn't seem to get in the right positions.

Two years is a long time to be off form and he has to take the responsibility for that. I backed him for a long while, but there is only so much time you can give any player who fails to deliver.

I expect he'll come off the bench and score the winner on saturday now
Old 04-10-2019, 12:51 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
He is but he's right in this instance
Old 04-10-2019, 12:59 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
How many passes did Jeffrey Schlupp manage when he last played centre mid in a match away from home? Was it 11? Let's just get that fact in before the 'black hole' midfield emerges for the West Ham game. Hopefully Kouyate (against his old club) and McArthur can do the running and passing for him.

As for Benteke, at least he is always involved when he is on the pitch. He's going to make a lot of people look silly once he gets lucky with a finish. Didn't want him to play at Selhurst vs Norwich. But away to West Ham there's no pressure. Think he's going to smash in the winner
Old 04-10-2019, 01:03 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
CB certainly doesn't help himself in that respect. I can't believe Roy & Ray haven't been on at him about this for the last two years, because it's so self evident for all to see.

He might be fantastic on the training ground, but matchdays he's far too static. If only he'd look at running into space, I'm convinced things would open up for him much more often.
He would probably say that we don't get enough crosses into the box for him, which is almost certainly true, but even when we do he just doesn't seem to get in the right positions.

Two years is a long time to be off form and he has to take the responsibility for that. I backed him for a long while, but there is only so much time you can give any player who fails to deliver.

I expect he'll come off the bench and score the winner on saturday now
Do think his movement has been a lot better this season. There's still room for improvement, don't get me wrong, but in reality he is paying the price in terms of criticism for what went on over the past two seasons. Once he scores this season his confidence will improve and the movement will go up another notch imho.

Still believe Benteke will come good.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:05 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Benteke cant take criticism he deserves.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
How many passes did Jeffrey Schlupp manage when he last played centre mid in a match away from home? Was it 11? Let's just get that fact in before the 'black hole' midfield emerges for the West Ham game. Hopefully Kouyate (against his old club) and McArthur can do the running and passing for him.

As for Benteke, at least he is always involved when he is on the pitch. He's going to make a lot of people look silly once he gets lucky with a finish. Didn't want him to play at Selhurst vs Norwich. But away to West Ham there's no pressure. Think he's going to smash in the winner
Make ‘people look silly’?

He has been abysmal for 2 years, even if he gets a hatrick he has alot of work to do to make up lost ground.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I'm sure his mother is delightful, and his brother.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:23 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s a very simple choice. Townsend for Luka and push Schlupp inside which went ever so well at Spurs or bring McCarthy in for Luka and leave the rest of the team unchanged.

i might be surprised, but I think I know what the boss is going to do.