Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:00 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Quite easy to do 89 in a 40,in any decent car these days
Whoosh

Read the quoted post again
Old 05-10-2019, 07:22 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Why ?

Telling the truth about a truly woeful and shot to bits footballer isn’t being a knob
Met him a few times. Arrogant knob.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:39 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
The problem with Salako is that he was part of Pardews team. This makes him a mentally weak yes man. Alan wouldn’t stsnd for anything else.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:40 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Salako’s on Talksport right now talking Benteke.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Salako’s on Talksport right now talking Benteke.
And?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:55 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Can’t fault what Johnny’s saying. The one criticism he makes that stands out for me is that Christian doesn’t play for the team. That’s been the most frustrating thing about him on this baron run.

Hopefully this public criticism will fire Benteke up to start earning his corn.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-10-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
And?
Just reiterating what he said in that other interview about how poor Benteke’s been considering the club’s financial outlay on him. Actually only caught half the interview but will post it up once Talk Sport release it on catch up in an hour or so.

- John Peel
Old 05-10-2019, 08:02 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I don’t think he’s not playing for the team. Don’t get me wrong, his scoring record has been shocking and the misses made time and again but as a team player, he’s been okay. He set up Schlupp most recently for the chance to win the game against Wolves, which he missed.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don’t think he’s not playing for the team. Don’t get me wrong, his scoring record has been shocking and the misses made time and again but as a team player, he’s been okay. He set up Schlupp most recently for the chance to win the game against Wolves, which he missed.
I don’t believe it’s his intention to just play for himself and you’re right about those times he has set up others, but I think his decision making is what makes me say he’s not playing for the team. Okay, so he’s not scoring, but he could be helping the team out more by making a nuisance of himself; using his physicality to unsettle defenders; more movement to pull defenders out of position and making space for others; recognising when our defence are under it and running back and helping out just as Ayew does.

Quite frankly, he strikes me as someone that doesn’t really love the game or truely enjoys playing...just going through the motions.

- John Peel
Old 05-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
This isn't based on any insight other than watching/listening to interviews from him over the years but he reminds me of several people I have met over the years that are unusually 'driven' by reputation or the need to 'save face'. Externally referenced is a term I think. Where that is 'everything'. How he looks to the outside world dictates his decisions. I repeat that it's a long range perception, nothing more but it maps to his behaviours and even how he looks/dresses and holds himself. If true its likely a boost when things are going well but can't help at times like these. So the opinions of those around him are likely more important than his own and worse still, his perception of them guides how he feels. I wod think that makes coaching him trickier tbh.

All guess work and assertion but what I could be confident about is that scoring a few goals will quickly fix a lot of things for him. Pleaaassse score.