Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-10-2019, 06:51 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
You could say that about any murderer.

If you lost a love one this way I imagine you dont just forget about it, you want justice.
Exactly this .
Old 12-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
The police have CCTV footage of her turning out of the military base onto the wrong side of the road shortly before the crash. She had her children in the car with her so the whole thing must be destroying her. No excuse for fleeing but she'll be in a very bad place. Hopefully she'll realise she can do some good for the parents AND herself by returning to the UK and facing the family.
It should be destroying her....she’s killed someone!

Fleeing won’t help with that emotion. Probably making it worse in the long run.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:59 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Diplomatic immunity can be waived. Here is To view the link you have to Register or Login. However, notably the crimes were different.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 12-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
The police have CCTV footage of her turning out of the military base onto the wrong side of the road shortly before the crash. She had her children in the car with her so the whole thing must be destroying her. No excuse for fleeing but she'll be in a very bad place. Hopefully she'll realise she can do some good for the parents AND herself by returning to the UK and facing the family.
I have zero sympathy, ‘kids in the car’ or not (why does this make a difference?) She has been a coward and dodged responsibility especially from someone who is of an elevated position. My sympathy lies with the victims parents.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
My sympathy lies with the victims parents as well but we do not know if she was told to leave,from what I have read she was at first cooperating then left.

Personally having driven on the wrong side a couple of times here in Canada myself when I first arrived here I could have been in the same position....Its careless driving at most,no drink,nothing criminal so I do not understand why she fled to be honest.

She has got more headlines through this than she ever would have if she stayed.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:05 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Is this meant to be a serious question?
It was, and for once I agree with the angry simpleton's brother.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 PM

mte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
My sympathy lies with the victims parents as well but we do not know if she was told to leave,from what I have read she was at first cooperating then left.

Personally having driven on the wrong side a couple of times here in Canada myself when I first arrived here I could have been in the same position....Its careless driving at most,no drink,nothing criminal so I do not understand why she fled to be honest.

She has got more headlines through this than she ever would have if she stayed.
That sounds like a lot of speculation none of which was certain.

If it was a genuine mistake (likely), the only honourable course is to remain in the UK and comply.

By leaving, it suggests to me a weakness of moral character whichever way you evaluate why she may have left.

The quotes from her lawyer smack of damage limitation.

Since she's unlikely to face and investigation and/or justice, I hope she actually is burnt up with guilt and is maligned on the way she deserves.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:22 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
A bit of an updated:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-10-2019, 11:23 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
After reading a bit more about this, I understand she did not flee the scene of the accident but was interviewed by the police at the time. She was advised not to leave the country by a senior police official, which she has now obviously done.

I have no concept of how the parents of the boy killed must be feeling, but something inside of me is asking what are they trying to gain by pursuing this, talking to ministers in The UK and going to The US to talk to officials there?

I appreciate we are all different and I personally have never lost a loved one because of a horrible accident (which this was), but this pursuit seems counter to bring closure. Is the woman apologizing face to face going to satisfy the family? I fear they are looking for more... whatever that is I don't know.
I think probably justice at a rough guess.

You say in an earlier post that the "worst" she is guilty of is manslaughter with mitigating circumstances and is unlikely to be fined or imprisoned.
Manslaughter is pretty bad and carries a maximum life sentence. She is more likely guilty of causing death by dangerous driving which often carries a prison sentence, as it should!

You talk as if there was nothing she could have done and call it a horrible accident but you have no idea what happened or how - if she was on the worng side of the road then it wasn't an accident - it was her fault and she killed someone. If you drive a dangerous weapon (a car) without due care or perhaps while distracted on a mobile then it is a crime and like any other crime you should face the courts who will decide on the appropriate punishment.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 12-10-2019, 11:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
You're right sw16girl, I should probably back out of this discussion.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:43 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
I certainly wouldn't forget about it, nor implying these parents should (probably badly written post by me earlier today).

I guess the point I'm trying to make is what constitutes justice in this case? Yes there was driving with undue care and attention on the woman's part with horrible consequences. But what if she was a UK resident and no country to run off to, what would the punishment be? Would they face prison time? I doubt it. Would there be a trail... I don't know. Probably at most an inquest where the woman would be required to attend, and that could still happen - she was not arrested or charged at the time of the accident from what I can see.

The woman was wrong to leave the country when advised not to, and this is her downfall. In hindsight maybe they should have held her passport (can they do that to a non-citizen?).
To answer your questions

Would she face prison time - quite possibly - of those convicted of causing death by dangerous driving 94% were sent to prison last year and even for causing death by careless driving 26% were imprisoned for an average of 12 months.

Would she face a trial - very likely - see above

She was not arrested or charged at the time - true but presumably claimed diplomatic immunity so that meant nothing

Can they hold her passport-not sure but obviously not if she claimed diplomatic immunity

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 13-10-2019, 07:46 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You're right sw16girl, I should probably back out of this discussion.
Is this a news story in the United States?
Old 13-10-2019, 07:58 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Is this meant to be a serious question?
Ask the family of Yvonne Fletcher
Old 13-10-2019, 08:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Ask the family of Yvonne Fletcher
That was awful. I was 11 at the time and to see the graphic images on the TV of a woman of similar age to your mum, dying on a London street was quite disconcerting.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 13-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
That was awful. I was 11 at the time and to see the graphic images on the TV of a woman of similar age to your mum, dying on a London street was quite disconcerting.
Also, I can't imagine how her colleagues felt as they later watched her killer(s) walk out of the Embassy with the gun in a diplomatic bag & onto a fight to Tehran.
Old 13-10-2019, 01:59 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=MFBias;14942773

If you lost a love one this way I imagine you dont just forget about it, you want justice.[/QUOTE]

If you are involved in the crash, you never forget it, never. Its not just the family.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 13-10-2019, 02:56 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Also, I can't imagine how her colleagues felt as they later watched her killer(s) walk out of the Embassy with the gun in a diplomatic bag & onto a fight to Tehran.
Tripoli, rather than Tehran, presumably?
Old 13-10-2019, 03:18 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
The parents must be devastated. They also deserve answers.

However I don't think anyone is suggesting this is anything other than a horrible accident, one that will have affected everyone involved.

As Les points out driving on the wrong side of the road is so easy to do, basically humans are fallible and cars are fatally dangerous.
Old 13-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Tripoli, rather than Tehran, presumably?
Absolutely, thanks for the correction. I was getting mixed up with the Iranian embassy siege a few years earlier
Old 13-10-2019, 03:25 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
A court case would determine the facts, but it won't bring the boy back. I haven't read Wilkinson but I imagine the charge would be careless driving and likely end in a fine and driving ban.

If however she was on her mobile and/or speeding then that would be different. Again a court case would determine this.