Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
COYP
Old 16-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
We NEVER lapse!
Old 17-10-2019, 07:26 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace or Rochdale, doesn't seem like a difficult choice really.....
Old 17-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't say I remeber below 10k at Selhurst either, even under PT I think we were still over 11k on midweek games, wasn't we?
Old 17-10-2019, 08:03 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Can't say I remeber below 10k at Selhurst either, even under PT I think we were still over 11k on midweek games, wasn't we?
I think it goes back a bit before PT but we certainly have been below 10k in my time at least.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 17-10-2019, 08:17 AM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 17-10-2019, 11:46 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I think it goes back a bit before PT but we certainly have been below 10k in my time at least.
Definitely

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I seem to remember it was when Ron Noades took over and everyone got very disillusioned. The crowds halved in a very short time to about 5-6,000 a game and once (V Oldham ?) was about 4,500. I was there and was wondering why I was bothering when my friends gave up!

Maybe the early eighties?
Old 17-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Andrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrew Aitchison : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
@4k for league games on at least a couple of occasions in the 80s
Old 17-10-2019, 04:43 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Aitchison View Post
Mullery the
Old 17-10-2019, 05:49 PM

Souness is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Aitchison View Post
Several sub 5k home matches in the 84/85 season when Aylott was the top scorer. Wright arrived the following season and it was up from there.
Old 17-10-2019, 06:33 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes but the OP stated the Championship
Old 17-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souness View Post
Several sub 5k home matches in the 84/85 season when Aylott was the top scorer. Wright arrived the following season and it was up from there.
We were still getting crap crowds from 85-87 despite our team getting better. It was only really 87-88 when it started to pick up but even then not a lot.

Mullery is an easy target to blame but the rot really set in under Gradi.
Old 17-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
We were still getting crap crowds from 85-87 despite our team getting better. It was only really 87-88 when it started to pick up but even then not a lot.

Mullery is an easy target to blame but the rot really set in under Gradi.
I'm glad you posted this. Mullery, with his ex-seaweed connections, was a stupid choice by Noades, but I don't think he did that bad a job.

On the other hand, Gradi, was probably, in my 50 odd years of supporting Palace, the worst Manager we have ever had, bar none. I know he came in, at a difficult time and the Club was losing money rapidly but he bought some of the worst players, ever to wear a Palace shirt - Price, Basson, Langley, Galliers.

Kember and then Mullery, had a massively difficult task, to clear up the mess Gradi left.
Old 19-10-2019, 06:31 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Stripes View Post
I seem to remember it was when Ron Noades took over and everyone got very disillusioned. The crowds halved in a very short time to about 5-6,000 a game and once (V Oldham ?) was about 4,500. I was there and was wondering why I was bothering when my friends gave up!

Maybe the early eighties?
Donít mean Carlisle do you ? 3,700 iircc. Lowest ever league crowd , was one of the very few present.
Old 19-10-2019, 06:42 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
3,774. Get your facts right.
Old 19-10-2019, 06:47 AM
lay me down.

matayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatayusgiovanni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Standing at the front of the Arthur in the freezing cold as a kid back in the 80's, I loved it, Joyce giving encouragement in her own unique way, character building stuff.

Selhurstparkflyer.
Old 19-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
I'm glad you posted this. Mullery, with his ex-seaweed connections, was a stupid choice by Noades, but I don't think he did that bad a job.

On the other hand, Gradi, was probably, in my 50 odd years of supporting Palace, the worst Manager we have ever had, bar none. I know he came in, at a difficult time and the Club was losing money rapidly but he bought some of the worst players, ever to wear a Palace shirt - Price, Basson, Langley, Galliers.

Kember and then Mullery, had a massively difficult task, to clear up the mess Gradi left.
I agree and the stats back it up :
To view the link you have to Register or Login

We were already down to 10k average under Gradi and it only went down to 8k in Mullery's 2 years. The worst average crowds were under Coppell as a lot of "lapsed fans" didn't come back, we only averaged 10k in the 88-89 promotion season.
Old 19-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
3,774. Get your facts right.
Well, it was actually 3,744 if we're going to be super pedantic. This included 23 Carlisle fans, I was bored so counted them.
Old 19-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
I lived in Cumbria for 13 years and it never crossed my mind to transfer my allegiance to a northern team. I still get a smile when I recall being accused of being a glory hunter for supporting Palace. This was from a Carlisle fan.