Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-10-2019, 08:23 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Mahatma Gandhi

Was a raving racist apparently.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Not sure he was a fully paid member of the Nazi Party and wore a Bulgarian scarf on cold days; but some Manchester University students are calling for a statue in honour of the great man to be scrapped as they believe he hated African blacks and was compliant in British colonialism in Africa.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-10-2019, 08:26 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
hat
Old 16-10-2019, 08:32 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I remember reading about this. My vague recollection was of some articles he wrote for a newspaper where he wasn't keen on african immigrants in India.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:35 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
hat
coat
Old 16-10-2019, 08:35 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
IDNKHWD.
Old 16-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Very old news.

So Gandhi was a racist in his 20s ; not unusual for the time, and not really relevant to what he did in later lives. What is this obsession with judging Victorian figures by the standards of the modern day?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-10-2019, 09:43 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Very old news.

So Gandhi was a racist in his 20s ; not unusual for the time, and not really relevant to what he did in later lives. What is this obsession with judging Victorian figures by the standards of the modern day?
He also did some weird things like sleeping in bed with young girls to ‘test his celibacy.’

I agree with your point though, we can’t judge him by today’s standards, and I don’t like how some people completely throw the baby out with the bath water and dismiss everything he accomplished.
Old 16-10-2019, 09:45 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
He also did some weird things like sleeping in bed with young girls to ‘test his celibacy.’

I agree with your point though, we can’t judge him by today’s standards, and I don’t like how some people completely throw the baby out with the bath water and dismiss everything he accomplished.
‘Tis the modern world unfortunately.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

They were in their late teens, to amplify the point. A complete and interesting article on this To view the link you have to Register or Login.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
The girl behind this wants to become a politician, labour at that... I wonder why she is doing this!?

She also started a motion to ban clapping by the way in case it triggered anxiety

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 16-10-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:15 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
As others have already pointed towards, you need to use context. Both from a historical perspective and in terms of wider activities. This goes for Gandhi and anyone else.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:18 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
The girl behind this wants to become a politician, labour at that... I wonder why she is doing this!?

She also started a motion to ban clapping by the way in case it triggered anxiety
Unfortunately controversy so often works. Look at some of the vapid social commentators (and politicians) we currently have.
Old 16-10-2019, 11:03 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
hat
Turban
Old 16-10-2019, 11:16 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Well known for touching bottoms. Nicknamed Goosie, Goosie Gandhi.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 16-10-2019, 11:28 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 16-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Every historical figure should be vilified and all living people need to be face continual reeduction to what ever the latest political fashion changes to.
Old 16-10-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Where will this stop? They`ll be saying Hitler was a racist next.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Where will this stop? They`ll be saying Hitler was a racist next.
Obviously a tongue in cheek post, but there are historical figures who do need to be re-reviewed. Like Churchill, I can’t be convinced that he deserves to to be heralded as a hero considering everything he did outside WW2, and the fact that he vocally supported fascism. Yet I was never taught about that side of Churchill at school, or much about the war crimes and crimes against humanity of the British empire in general.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Obviously a tongue in cheek post, but there are historical figures who do need to be re-reviewed. Like Churchill, I can’t be convinced that he deserves to to be heralded as a hero considering everything he did outside WW2, and the fact that he vocally supported fascism. Yet I was never taught about that side of Churchill at school, or much about the war crimes and crimes against humanity of the British empire in general.
That’s the same all over. The Danes think the Vikings were peaceful traders.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
That’s the same all over. The Danes think the Vikings were peaceful traders.
Yep, and I bet Stalin is portrayed fairly sympathetically in Russian schools.